Destiny [D.H.]

由 TheQuietHufflepuff

Eliana Hart comes from a long line of born werewolves. But... Two of her best friends, Scott McCall and Stile... 更多

Playlist and Aesthetics
Prophecy
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
Epilogue

92

869 28 0
由 TheQuietHufflepuff

Eliana's POV:

We trudged through the woods and Malia said, "We can still catch him."

"Catch who?" Scott asked, looking at Malia.

"The killer. What are you thinking about?"

Scott and I stared at the fleur-de-lis bullet I'd found.

I held up the bullet. "We need to take this to Argent."

Malia frowned. "Even if he's the one that fired it?"

Scott nodded. "Especially if he's the one." He stopped abruptly. "Do you two hear that?"

After a moment, Malia and I asked, "Heartbeats?"

"A lot of them. They're here."

"Who?" Lydia wondered.

"Hunters," I confirmed, hearing the fear in Scott's voice.

He and I ran off and Malia called after him. "Scott!"

Scott and I turned and saw hunters coming closer. We stopped, seeing several red laser-sight beams crossing the woods. We bared our fangs. Scott showed his alpha eyes and I showed my own wolf eyes. Scott and I attacked the closest figures, who were Sheriff Stilinski and my dad.

"Argh," Sheriff Stilinski said. "Scott. Eliana. Scott, Eliana, it's me. It's me! Scott! Scott. Eliana, let your father go."

I leapt away and shot my dad an apologetic smile before turning to the hunter who still had a gun pointed at my friend's heart and growled.

The sheriff said, "Okay, okay. Come on. It's okay. It's okay." He looked around. "Everybody stay back. They're just kids."

Deputy Vargas glared at us, gun still pointed at Scott. "What's wrong with their eyes?"

I turned to the deputy and growled threateningly. "Rude ass question. Put the fucking gun away, Vargas."

Parrish shook his head. "You heard the sheriff. Eliana, calm down. Stand down."

Scott and I shifted back to normal and started panting before he said, "I'm really sorry. You don't think they'll say anything, do you?"

Parrish smiled at us. "No more than they're used to."

"You wanna tell me and the sheriff what happened out here?" my dad asked.

"He's a Hellhound," Lydia explained.

"A dead Hellhound," Malia added, earning a look from Lydia.

Sheriff Stilinski and my dad nodded. "Yep, got that."

Parrish frowned. "Well I don't get it. I didn't think you could kill a Hellhound."

I pursed my lips. "Anything can be killed."

Malia nodded and shrugged. "Looks a lot easier than we thought."

I pocketed the bullet casing as I said, "I doubt it was just any bullet."

"I hope not," Parrish muttered, kneeling next to the body.

After everyone left, Lydia, Malia, Scott and I looked to each other. Lydia turned to Scott. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"Why didn't you say anything?" Scott repeated.

"Why didn't either of you say anything?" Malia asked.

"Why didn't any of you, us, say anything?" I wondered. "Don't continue that."

Malia frowned at Scott. "Wait, was I supposed to say something?"

Scott looked between us. "None of us said anything to Argent and none of us are going to say anything until we talk to him. Everybody good with that?"

Lydia nodded. "As long as we talk to each other soon. Immediately would be preferable."

Malia raised an eyebrow. "The one with the screaming and people killing each other."

I let out a long sigh. "First we need to find Argent."

---

Lydia went off to Eichen House with Parrish and I followed Scott and Malia to the Argent bunker.

As we searched through bullets to find the matching casing, Malia said, "He's not answering our calls or texts, he's not home, he's not here. I mean, maybe Argent just doesn't wanna be found?"

Scott sighed. "Well, he... He would have his calendar on his laptop. If we crack the password..."

Malia grinned excitedly and teased, "I didn't think you had it in you." She opened the laptop and tried various passwords. "Gun." There was a beep. "Lots of guns." Beep. "Hunter!" Beep. "No, no, it's definitely not hunter. I mean, cause why would it be hunter because Argent's not even a hunter anymore, so... I mean there's not even hunters for werewolves at all anymore, right? So why would anybody think that there was a hunter in the woods when it was actually just deputies?"

"What?"

Malia shook her head and turned back to the laptop. "Nothing."

Scott broke open a locker and I stood next to him, seeing the guns.

Scott frowned. "Uh, Malia, Ella, I don't think that Argent took off from Beacon Hills. I think he's back in business."

I noticed Scott holding a bow and typed in 'ALLISON'.

---

We drove to Argent's location and hid, listening to him speak. "Major Delane is my contact at Camp Robertson. I'm surprised he didn't tell me about the change in protocol."

"Well, the Major got promoted and was promptly shipped overseas," a guy said.

"Huh? Didn't know the Army worked that fast."

The soldier laughed softly. "They do when they want to."

Argent laughed falsely. "The Major's not Army, he's Marine. Who sent you? Who's buying all this weaponry?"

"We don't need to have a situation."

"We already do. See, I don't sell to weekend warriors. You want these guns, you'll answer my question."

"We're taking the guns, and the ammo, and the crates."

Argent smirked. "If you knew anything about guns, yo'd know they're not loaded."

"We brought our our own," the commander said, raising his gun at Argent.

"And we always have a backup plan."

Malia stepped out from her hiding spot. She kicked one of the soldiers, knocking him out. She kept a foot on his chest and Scott and I exchanged a look before moving to stand behind Argent.

Argent looked between us. "What the hell are you guys doing here?"

"We're your backup," Malia told him.

Argent frowned. "I had a guy on the inside."

"Who?"

I looked down at the man Malia's foot was on. "Pretty sure you're standing on him."

Argent nodded and Malia awkwardly removed her foot from the man's chest.

Argent yelled, "Get down!"

Guns started firing. Malia pulled the inside man to safety as Scott took out one bad guy. I took out another bad guy. Another soldier noticed Malia and went to attack her, but Argent came to her aide by putting a gun to the solider's head.

"What are the guns for?" Argent asked.

The solider dropped a grenade and the group dove for cover while the soldier escaped. I started going after him and was pulled back by Scott and Argent.

When everything had cleared, Argent frowned at us. "For the record, I had everything under control."

"Clearly," Malia muttered.

"How did you find me?"

Malia pointed to me and Scott. "They did it."

I smirked. "You left your computer in the bunker."

Argent nodded. "Ah. I guess I need a new password."

Scott looked at Argent. "Why have you been avoiding us?"

"I haven't been avoiding you, I've been busy. Business is booming, and I'd like to know why."

"Have you made any unusual sales recently?" I questioned.

"Like a bullet with a fleur-de-lis?" Malia added.

Argent shook his head. "I haven't stamped a bullet since Allison died."

"Someone just killed a Hellhound with one," Scott informed.

"Can I see the casing?"

I searched through my pockets and frowned. We stared at the casings on the ground before I said, "I guess it fell out. Of course it did."

Argent shook his head again. "You don't need the casing, you need the slug. Find that, and you find the killer."

---

We made our way back to Beacon Hills to reinvestigate the spot where Halwyn had died.

Malia sighed. "Okay. I'm not good with subtlety. What the hell happened last night?"

Scott gave a slow nod. "Yeah. I get it, I freaked out. Which freaked you out."

Malia met Scott's eye. "So you admit that you freaked out?"

"Wait a minute, I didn't freak out. You haven't been trying to get me to talk because you're freaked out that I freaked out?"

Malia shook her head. "No, I've been trying to get you to talk because, you know, I'm you know, I'm... Well, I'm worried about you."

Scott gave her a small smile. "Uh, I'm okay. Thanks."

I stepped back, not wanting to be in the middle of an awkward chick-flick.

After a moment, Malia said, "I was hunted by my dad."

"I was hunted by my girlfriend's dad."

They chuckled and Scott asked, "Does that fear ever go away?"

Malia glanced at Scott. "What if I told you I saw a red laser-sight right now? Where'd Ella go?"

"She's around." Scott frowned. "I'd say that you are seriously..." He paused. "...not paranoid."

Argent stepped out of the shadows. "Relax. It's just me. Eliana, wherever you are, it's safe."

I reappeared and Scott let out a slow breath as Malia asked, "Do you have to use that thing?"

"To determine the trajectory of the bullet, yes. Show me where you found the body."

We motioned to the ground in front of us. Argent investigated it and focused back on us, gun pointed at us. Scott's eyes widened and he stumbled back, as did Malia. I growled softly.

"Take it easy, safety's on," Argent reassured, looking around and using the laser-sight to span the trees and leaves. "Got it." The gun was pointed at a tree trunk. "Scott, Eliana, do me a favor. Glow your eyes, tell me if you can see it too."

Scott's and my eyes flicked red and purple and we nodded. "I see it."

"That's because it's made from an element with a higher heat signature than regular metal. It shines infrared, like both your eyes, because it's silver."

---

We made their way back to the cars, trekking through broken branches and dirt.

Malia frowned. "How come no one's saying anything? Silver, copper, lead. Who cares what a bullet's made out of? Don't they all do the same thing?"

"Well, there's a myth that a silver bullet can kill a werewolf," Scott told her.

"But a real hunter would know it's just a myth," Argent said. "Silver's too soft for bullets; they don't fly straight."

I crossed her arms. "Well obviously you didn't fire it. Who did?"

"Someone who doesn't know what they're doing," Scott said.

Argent nodded. "And someone dangerous. A new hunter."

---

We got back to the cars and made our way back to the McCall house. Lydia told us what had happened on her end.

"He killed every supernatural in the Closed Unit?" Scott asked. "All of them?"

Lydia nodded. "He said he couldn't see it any other way."

Malia narrowed her eyes. "Well, I've got another way. You don't kill everyone."

"I think he was afraid."

Scott was quiet for a moment. "The wolves, the rats. It keeps coming back to the same thing; fear."

"But what is everyone else afraid of?" Malia wondered.

I glanced between my friends. "Us. We have no idea what the fear will do to someone. It changes them. They're going to see us differently. They're going to do things they've never done before."

Malia scoffed. "People can be so stupid."

Lydia shook her head. "They're not stupid, they're scared."

Scott frowned, looking between us. "And scared people will do things that you wouldn't believe."

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

332K 8.5K 33
Amelia Argent had enough going on, after being brainwashed by her father for 11 years, she decided she would leave and fulfill her own dreams, not di...
268K 4.8K 33
In which Elijah has a baby and a mate. A very unique doppelgänger lived her life alone with the abilities of a siphon and a werewolf before she met h...
235K 5.8K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
304K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc