Sounds of the Streets

Bởi Sidneetartistic

I, Avneet Kaur, am complicated. As I narrate to you this, I am dodging speed breakers on my yellow cycle with... Xem Thêm

Ch2- The Offer
Ch3 - Started out on the wrong foot
Ch4 - Raindrops are falling on my head

Ch1- You Beggar!

181 12 15
Bởi Sidneetartistic

I park my bright yellow cycle on the corner next to the potted plants and wave bye to Jaanu while running into my mother on the way inside.

"Avneet, I really don't understand why you go around doing your beggar friend's job for her!"

I just run past her imagining that I never even ruined my day, seeing her face, but my reply just came as-

"You might've been the beggar who needed your friend's help, but Jaanu isn't a beggar and nor does she need any help"

I don't hear what she rambles after that, running up the stairs with a bread in my mouth which I call breakfast.
Now what should I wear today? I just pick out jeans and a white half shirt, changing into them while eating my breakfast.
So today's the first day of college and I have packed my suitcase with all my clothes and belongings to stay in the college dorms, obviously with Jaanu.

I run back down the stairs and walk out to see my mom waiting for me in our lamborghini. My mom's assistant puts my suitcase into the back of the lamborghini and I force her to put my cycle in too. I plop down in the backseat with mom next to me.

Avu: I could have just taken a normal car right

Harpreet: and ruin our family reputation in front of the Sheikh's again?

Avu: Yeah whatever

The rest of the ride goes by thinking when we will reach Jaanu's house to pick her up. We eventually get there, and Jaanu gets in.

Harpreet: Avneet! Why are we bringing this beggar with us?!

Avu: Why did you even come? I understand that you never learnt anything at college but that doesn't mean you just go with me!

Harpreet: Be happy I even allowed this low class girl to come even close to this car!

By the time she leaves the topic Jaanu gets comfortable in the car and we reach college. Honestly, the campus is quite big...no huge....duh! It's the best college in Mumbai- St. Xaviers College

The car stops right in front of the fountain with a nice bush cutting around it. I step out first and Jaanu still stays in the car, as mom was telling her how she should stay away from me. It's just when I start to think that I'll have no problems that I take off my shades.

I see a car, a black lamborghini, exactly identical to my one except for the number plate. Their number plate had "24-07" written on it. I knew it! They copy us 24/7 all day, every day! They are the sheikh's or you could say Faisal sheikh who is my determined hater. He steps out of the car, obviously copying me, wearing shades, removing them and then staring at my car for a second and then looking at me that same way I look at him- with the evil eye. Ugh..copycat!

Faisu: I see you've followed me till here too!

Avu: I may have followed you till here but you've been following me your whole life!

Faisu: Ah..yes I've been following your garbage schedule. On Monday's I throw paper waste, Tuesday's electronic waste...

Avu: oh..must be your daily job! While I ride my lamborghini, you go around collecting garbage in your garbage truck following me

Faisu: I don't collect garbage but I now understand why you always smell like garbage

Avu: you..you are garbage okay! I don't smell like you!

Faisu: yes, yes keep blabbering... copycat!

Avu: (looking at Siddharth) I see you've brought your sidekick along with you.. what was his name? Simcard right?!

Faisu: Siddharth! And I see you've given a beggar scholarship.

What is it with everyone and calling Jaanu a beggar?!!

Avu: (points her sharp nail almost poking it into his eye) just take your simcard friend with you and GET LOST!

Faisu: (moves her hand away) It's Siddharth first of all. And you get lost!

Avu: me?!..me! You're the one who's been copying me since morning wearing jeans and a white half Tshirt, shades, coming in a lamborghini, bringing your sidekick and then copying me again and telling ME to get lost?!

Faisu: (going to reply but Siddharth drags him away)

(Jaanu drags me away from Faisu)

Jaanu: Avu! Just chill. If you'll ignore him even he will ignore you. And he's not even that bad okay!

Avu: oh really?! Then go be his friend only! (stomps away)

I find my way to the entrance, my suitcase rolling behind me. I go to the office and get my dorm keys. I'm sharing a room with Jaanu...coincidentally, but it's okay! So our room is on the second floor, room 240.

Jaanu and I take the stairs as the elevator was packed. When we reach, the first thing I see is Faisu standing in front of room 240- my room! I stomp up to him.

Avu: What are you doing?!

Faisu: Breathing the nice cool air from this pleasant aTMosPheRe!

Avu: Oh hello! This is my room- room number 240!

Faisu: Okay so who wants to know?

Avu: You're standing in front of it.

Faisu: (holding his keys with the number on it up, putting it almost into Avu's eyes in a dramatic way) My room is room no. 247!

Avu: ya ya! Copying me 24/7 so you got a room no. like that only

Faisu: Ae! I came here thinking that it is the garbage collection area okay!

Avu: (folding her arms) So you wanted to collect garbage? (starts to laugh)

Faisu: NO! I came to throw my trash.

Avu: Sorry but I'm not going to let you live here. The trash collection is downstairs so you can go jump in if you want.

Faisu: I told you to get lost right. So just GO!

Avu: Ae!

Faisu: oo!

Avu: Ok bye!

Faisu: ok bye! (walks away)

I unlock my room and go in. It's quite spacious and beautiful too! One bunk bed, a shelf for the books, a long study table and a small comfy sofa in the middle. I set my suitcase down and walk out into the veranda. Guess we're the lucky ones to get a veranda.

Avu: Jaanu come here!

Jaanu: (runs up to Avu) What happened now!

Avu: Do we have classes today?

Jaanu: no. But we have seven tomorrow.

Avu: Whyyyyy?!

I open my suitcase and just take out the Accounting text book and the rest of the books and put them on the shelf. Dammit they're so thick! I'm gonna die studying these! Jaanu's phone rings and she pardons herself.

I'm going to explore the college with Jannat. Make new friends along with Jannat. Today's gonna be an amazing day spent, just with Jannat. Jannat hi Jannat.

*Jannat comes back after her call*

Avu: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! We're gonna have such an amazing day together, today! Jaanuuu! We'll go shopping, then to the movies and I even heard that this amazing movie released-

Jaanu: uh..sorry.I actually can't come Avu..

Avu: (sad) oh.... What happened?

Jaanu: I actually forgot my civics and English book at home.

Avu: oh..that's okay! I'll always find someone lying around here or there to take with me to the movies!

Jaanu: (smiles) ya sure. But can I borrow your cycle?

Avu: Obviously! You can take it but you HAVE to bring it back!

Jaanu: Don't worry I will.

Jaanu takes my cycle and leaves. Naw what do I do? I walk around the school for a while and then end up at the cafeteria. I walk up to the counter and get a donut. I start walking to the table looking straight and then I stamp something. Something soft. No its not poop. Eww. But it's a ketchup bottle. It's open. Which means that the ketchup had squirted out fortunately not onto someone's face. I look up from the ground to see Faisu. Avu, you.are.dead

Faisu: (while wiping the ketchup off his face) What the hell! How dare you!

Avu: (starts walking away as if nothing happened)

Faisu: Hey! You cant just walk away like that!

Avu: (turns around) why?Can't you afford tissues also?!

Faisu: What's your problem! Can't you just apologize!

Faisu walks away after that without waiting for my reply. I stomp away with rage and place my plate on the table. I walk up to Simcard who still stands in the line of the cafeteria.

Avu: Hey Simcard! What's wrong with your friend!

Sidd: He's not that bad okay! He's just a bit rude to you. Maybe if you just apologized...

Avu: You beggar! What makes you think that you can tell me what to do!

I just walk away and sit down on my chair with my donut in front of me. I gobble it up and walk back to my room. I start checking my insta which still has 40 followers and then I follow 50 more people to get follow backs. After a while Jaanu gets into the room looking a bit sad.

Avu: What happened?

Jaanu: Oh nothing

Avu: Just tell na..Next time you don't have to tell

Jaanu: *Flashback*

Jaanu: (rides Avu's cycle)

Harpreet: (in lamborghini) *puts the window down* How dare you steal Avneet's expensive cycle! You beggar! I knew you were going to steal! You beggar!

Jaanu: (almost about to sob) I didn't steal it. I borrowed it.

Harpreet: Stop lying you beggar!

Jaanu: (sobs and cycles away)

*Flashback ends*

Jaanu: (holding back tears) everyone calls me a beggar these days. I'm not even poor! It feels so bad, so sad.... Just awful!

Avu: Oh....well you won't actually become a beggar just because she calls you that.

Jaanu: Yea, but it still hurts. A person should never call people that!

Avu: Come on, cheer up cuz we still have a movie to watch!

Jaanu: (smiles with excitement) Ya just wait...I wanna wear my favorite hoodie!

Avu: ya sure... I am waiting.

Jaanu: (looks at Avu sadly after a long search from both her suitcases) I forgot it!

Avu: It's okay...it's the movie that matters not your clothes.

Jaanu: What do you meannnn! It's okay you go watch the movie and I'll go back home and get my hoodie.

Avu: (pulling Jaanu's hands while she almost leaves from the door) You can't just ditch my plan like that!

Jaanu: (letting her hand free) Oh yes I can. Hoodie my sweet hoodie I'm coming! Love you Avu, but Love that hoodie more! Byeee! (runs down the hallway)

Avu: Jaanuuuu!

Jaanu left, again.I feel a bit bad for Jaanu as my mom keeps calling her a beggar. I keep thinking about how I called Faisu's friend Simcard a beggar too. Everyone always calls Jaanu a beggar. A feeling of guilt takes over me when I remember that I had did the same thing my mom did to Jaanu just with Simcard. I think I should apologize to Simcard.......I will.

I check the time. It's 1:30pm. The movie is at two. I have exactly half an hour. I start walking down the hallway with my bag on my back and walk out the gates to see students bringing their belongings inside. Near the fountain there is a bench, where Simcard sits. It starts to drizzle. I take an umbrella out of my bag and open it.

I stand there thinking about what I should tell Simcard. I guess I'll tell him sorry? It starts raining heavily but Simcard stays on the bench. I don't know why but I start running fast towards him, umbrella in my hand, stamping on puddles getting my shoes wet and finally stop with a big splash in front of him. The muddy water splashes onto his spectacles and jeans.

Sidd: Thanks for that!

Avu: I'm...

Sidd: I know that you're gonna tell me that I can't afford specs but just keep that rude comment to yourself.

Avu:(holds the umbrella on top of him) no...I just wanted to tell you that.....I'm really really sorry okay! I shouldn't have called you a beggar and been mean to you. I'm just really sorry okay!

I stand with the umbrella over both of us. He doesn't reply. Did I say something wrong?

Avu: So do you forgive me?

Sidd: No!

________________________________________________________________________________

Vomment!

When should I update?

Who likes Shivaay?

Who likes Siddharth's new beard?

- till u get the next artistic update2065 Words

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

244K 8.7K 99
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
165K 5.8K 42
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
182K 4.9K 42
" She is my wife, stay away from her!" " Keep trying she will remain mine. " " Show me your scars, I want to see how many times you needed...
377K 13.5K 58
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...