The Newest Salvatore

De SEG2021

Ottilie is a little girl with a traumatic past who finds herself suddenly alone in the forest outside Mystic... Mai multe

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
NEW STORY UPDATE
Chapter 78

Chapter 25

3.5K 90 17
De SEG2021

"Can I come home today, Damon?" asked Ottilie, desperately bored of the hospital room she'd been cooped up in for a week, not to mention the food she was required to eat. She was finding it hard to cope and had no appetite, and the nurses would chide her for not managing to eat all her dinner.

"I'm going to talk to the doctors today, sweetheart" said Damon, gently stroking some hair from her face as he sat next to her bed that she'd been confined to for so long. He was concerned that being in the hospital was doing her more harm than good; he knew they were keeping her in to try and get her weight up, but she hated being there so much that she didn't want to eat. It was a vicious cycle, and one that he needed to break.

He stood up, explaining that he was going to talk to some doctors and promised to return as soon as he could, leaving the little girl watching him as he exited the room. He took his phone from his pocket and called Stefan, wanting confirmation that what he was about to do was indeed the best, and right thing to do for his daughter.

"Stefan, hi," he said, when his brother picked up. "I really think that Ottilie needs to come home – she's not coping in hospital anymore. She needs familiar surroundings and decent food." He could tell that Stefan was thinking, pondering the implications of taking Ottilie out of hospital only a week after her illness.

"Do it, brother," was his answer. "She's out of any immediate danger, and with Elena... sorted... we can keep an eye on her here."

Damon smiled to himself, "Ah yes, the lovely Elena. I wonder what she's doing now..."

Stefan could almost hear his smirk down the phone. "Damon..." he said in a warning tone.

"See you later, brother," replied Damon, putting his phone away and looking around to find one of the doctors who'd been caring for Ottilie. Finding one, he walked over to them, and looking them straight in the eye, compelled them to get Ottilie ready for going home, sign her release papers, and ward off any questions from other staff members. The doctor simply nodded and set to work, signing papers, giving them to Damon to countersign, and writing out prescriptions.

It had been decided that due to the severity and increasing number of her attacks, Ottilie would begin on a low dosage of a beta blocker medication to try and reduce her symptoms and prevent any serious episodes.

Damon took the prescription from the doctor, and followed her into Ottilie's room, where she started to detach the child from the myriad of monitors she was connected to, and to remove her IVs. Ottilie looked up at Damon with big, excited eyes, knowing that this meant she was indeed going home.

"She's good to go," said the doctor after a few minutes of last minute checks, and Damon thanked her as she left.

Taking a bag from the locker in the tiny room, Damon opened it to reveal some clothing that he'd brought for when Ottilie could leave. "They're your escape clothes," he joked, getting them out and placing them on the bed. He helped Ottilie remove the enormous hospital gown and get into a comfortable t shirt and some leggings, noticing how they were now hanging off of her when just a week ago, they'd fitted perfectly.

"We've got some work to do, little lady," he said firmly, as he pulled a jumper, now enormous, over her head. "You're far too tiny for an 12 year old! I'm going to text Stefan to get cooking!" She giggled and clung to him as he picked her up, slinging the bag, already packed with her things, over his shoulder. "Time to go home, little otter," he said, softly.

They arrived back at the mansion and Damon carried Ottilie back inside, calling for Stefan to come and say hello. "Otti!" cried Stefan excitedly, running over to them and grabbing her from Damon's arms. "How are you feeling?"

She smiled at him, although she suddenly looked very tired. "I'm okay, Stefan," she said, "I'm so happy to be home!"

Damon saw Ottilie looking suddenly very pale and drawn. "I think the excitement has worn you out, sweetheart. Stefan, can you take her to bed? I'm going to go and collect the prescription. We will wake you up when it's time for food, okay?" Both Stefan and Ottilie nodded, and Damon left.

Later that evening, the brothers were cooking up a storm in the kitchen, excited for Ottilie to eat her first home-cooked meal in a week, when they were interrupted by a scream. Speeding upstairs, they found Ottilie gasping for breath and clutching her chest, tears streaming down her face out of her closed eyes. They raced over to her and Damon lifted her effortlessly into his arms.

"Otti," he urged, shaking her shoulder slightly, "Otti, wake up!" Her eyes shot open and she dragged in a shaky breath as she felt her heart racing. "Deep breaths, sweetheart," encouraged Damon, demonstrating what he wanted her to do. "Come on, you can do it," he coaxed softly as she struggled to match his slower breathing.

Finally, she was calmer and the brothers were relieved to hear that her breathing and heartrate were almost back to normal. "What happened, Otti?" asked Stefan gently, holding her hands.

"I had a bad dream," she whispered tearfully, "I'm sorry for making a fuss," she added, sniffling.

"It's okay, do you want to talk about your dream?" said Damon, kindly.

"I was up on the roof and Elena pushed me and I started to fall," she said, hesitantly, not wanting to upset Stefan by bringing up Elena.

Stefan looked away, deeply upset that the once love of his life could cause his little niece so much pain. He felt her little hand grip his a bit tighter, and looked back at her with his mouth set in a grim line.

"Otti," he said, "I promise you, Elena will never, ever, harm you again. Damon and I took care of it." She nodded at him, and leaned from Damon's arms to give him a hug.

THROWBACK: 3 days after Elena had attacked Ottilie...

Elena had been locked in the cellar for some time now, sitting in miserable silence, refusing to speak to anyone or give reasons for her terrible actions. Klaus had locked her in that night, and Rebekkah brought her food regularly, making sure to provide Elena with all of her least favourites.

The day that Ottilie woke up, the brothers were finally relieved enough to talk about what to do about Elena. Damon was all up for drastic action, but Stefan argued that Ottilie wouldn't want Elena harmed.

The third day that Elena was in the cellar, she was visited by Stefan for the first time, and she went straight to the bars of her cell, trying to get as close to him as she could. "Stefan..." she whispered, longing in her voice and on her face. "Stefan, you've come to see me, I knew you'd let me out."

Stefan ignored her words, asking bluntly and without any show of emotion, "how could you, Elena?" She looked at him, slightly shocked by the lack of warmth in his voice. "How could you hurt her? She's just a child!"

At this, Elena smirked. "Exactly," she spat, "just a child that has consumed your every waking minute."

Stefan shook his head. "you know that's not true," he said. "I loved you, Elena" he said sadly.

"That's why I did it, Stefan!" she cried, "because I love you! We're meant to be together forever, no distractions – just us two!"

"You're crazy!" he said, shocked at her outburst. "If you loved me, you would have known that hurting my niece would hurt me!"

She laughed manically, "your niece?" she sneered, "She's not your niece, she's just some pathetic, broken waste of space that Damon found abandoned in the woods. If you ask me, the woman she lived with before had the right idea kicking her out..."

"That's just it, Elena," said Stefan, in a low voice. "I don't 'ask you', and I never will again." Suddenly taking her by the shoulders, he looked straight into her eyes, starting the compulsion, knowing any vervain she'd had in her system was long gone since she'd been locked up.

"You're going to leave Mystic Falls, and you'll return just once a year to see your family and friends. You did something terrible, but you don't know what. All you know is that you hurt the Salvatore family and that they'll never forgive you. You'll be sad about it, and you'll feel guilt for the rest of your life, but you'll never come anywhere near me, Damon or Ottilie ever again."

He opened the door of her cell and stood back, watching as the effects of the compulsion took over. She looked at him, tears forming in her eyes. "I'm sorry," she said, before running from the cell, never looking back.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

15.3K 450 9
Klaus meets Damon when he's a child effectively changing their fates. How does this affect Mystic Falls? Why does Klaus seem oddly protective of Damo...
199K 5K 38
"You can't run, I'll catch you. You can't hide, I'll find you. So why don't you just give up, Sophia darling?" Sophia is an ordinary girl with a ord...
428K 8.1K 41
[ʙᴏᴏᴋ 𝟷] [ᴇᴅɪᴛɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇss; ᴄᴀɴ sᴛɪʟʟ ʀᴇᴀᴅ] Fourteen year old Emma is the youngest of the Gilbert Family who was sent to live with their Uncle J...
351K 8.1K 60
Samantha returns back to Mystic Falls to help her sister after her parents death. Unexpected, mysterious things started happening in the tiny town. S...