Crown of a Prince (Finn Shelb...

De welcometothejungleee

It was a crown fit for a Prince. And Finn Shelby was the Prince of Birmingham, a brother to the King. But th... Mai multe

1.
Cast // Characters
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.
88.
89.
90.
91.
92.
93.
94.
95.
96.
97.
98.
99.
100.
*I*
*II*
*III*
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
***

9.

12.4K 245 17
De welcometothejungleee

Ada took the news extremely well. She told them her father had been dead to her for years. She always felt irrelevant to him anyway, the child he never got around to she used to call herself in regards to him. He wanted sons, big strapping young men who would do as he told them and be exactly like him. Luckily, the boys had turned out nothing like their father and his name would die with him now that John chose not to pass on his name.

Polly left around 9 o clock, dressed in her best clothes and wearing the new lipstick that Tommy had brought her from New York. She told the girls not to wait up for her, that she had her own key but neither of them expected her to be home until the morning. Ailbhe was glad. Polly deserved a little happiness.

Over dinner they spoke about the Russian business and what Tommy had planned for that afternoon. He was going to kill the priest he believed to be betraying them. They hadn't heard from Tommy since but always operated that no news was good news.

Although there was a considerable age gap between Ada and Ailbhe they had always gotten along well, acting more like sisters than friends as they grew up. Now the age gap seemed inconsequential. With Karl asleep and Ada in her own environment, relaxed and calm she seemed just like she had when she was younger and free.

Sitting by the fire, both girls barefoot and with their hair down they laughed and talked about things that didn't concern Russians and robberies, the Italians and their revenge plans. It was simple and Ailbhe didn't realise how much she had needed it. They drank champagne and talked about the future, how they longed to see America and how they wanted to be free and independent.

"Ada?" Ailbhe called out to her, as she put a record onto the gramophone.

"Yeah?" she responded, her delicate fingers fixing the needle and focusing on it, before looking over her shoulder at Ailbhe.

"When did you know... about Freddy? When did you know it was real?" She asked, her eyes avoiding Ada's and her fingers dancing along the rim of the glass.

Ada paused. She put her drink down, looking over her shoulder at the girl she loved like a little sister. She joined her, sitting by the fire and reached over gently touching her hand.

"Ailbhe..." she whispered, as if anyone could hear them despite being alone.

"Are you pregnant?" she asked tentatively.

Ailbhe's face fell, confusion washing over her before she started smiling, then laughing and then creasing herself hysterically.

"No!" she spluttered out between laughs as Ada took a deep sigh of relief.

"Oh, thank God" she sighed, picking back up her drink and taking a sip from it.

"I just... like someone" she answered, shrugging it off nonchalantly. This was perhaps the biggest understatement Ailbhe had ever said. She knew it was more than just a crush.

Ada smiled. Ailbhe worked so hard, she did so much for others and always put others first. Ada was glad she had someone special, even if it was her brother. Ada had known for years about Ailbhe's crush on Finn and his on Ailbhe. Maybe other people noticed too but were too busy with other matters to wonder what was happening with the two best friends who were inseparable and incredibly protective over each other. But Ada had seen it. Maybe because she knew all the telltale signs to look for.

"Freddy always said he loved me when we were kids. He asked me for a kiss, every year on his birthday" She told Ailbhe, her expression being nostalgic and happy rather than grief stricken and sad.

Ailbhe felt a smile tugging at her lips. She remembered Freddy well when they were kids. He was tall and skinny, all long limbs and big grins. He used to pull the ribbons out of Ada's hair and tell her he would give them back if she gave him a kiss. She never gave him that kiss, but gave him plenty slaps. It never discouraged him though.

"But we were only kids Ailbhe. After France, it was all different and suddenly we were adults and we had real problems, real issues and yet after it all, he still told me loved me. He made me feel like we were the two luckiest people in the world to have each other"

She told her, still holding her hand in hers.

Ailbhe listened carefully, her mind wandering to the boy who had inspired her question.

"And I thought he was gorgeous and he was brilliant in bed" Ada added, holding up her glass as if in a toast and laughing carelessly. Ailbhe started laughing with her, feeling like she was just a normal person again.

But they should have known the outside world would always come crashing in, the lives their families lived would always catch up to them.

First, the phone rang. Ada was checking on Karl so Ailbhe answered it, her voice more relaxed than it had been in months

"Hello, Ada Thorne's residence?" She answered.

Tommy's shaky voice came through the piece she held to her ear. He seemed shaken, forcing his words out but struggling.

"Ailbhe it's Tommy, tell Ada to have her contacts come over right now."

Ailbhe didn't know what to say, Tommy sounded unwell.

"Tommy are you alright?" She asked, concern creeping into her tone.

But the response came through the ear piece sharply "Just tell her, Alv" before he hung up the phone.

Ada knew exactly what he meant when Ailbhe relayed the message.

The two young women waited nervously in the hallway. They kept moving the curtains, checking for Tommy once their guests had arrived.

"He should be here by now" Ada whispered, her arms folded across her chest and her face etched with worry.

Ailbhe looked out the window again, noticing a dark figure a few feet away from the door.

"Oh my God" she whispered, realising it wasn't a dark shape, it was Tommy.

She flung open the door, at his side straight away and offering him herself as a crutch whispering

"Tom, it's me, its Ailbhe"

He leant on her, his arm around her shoulders as she led him into the house and he found his bearings. Pushing off the walls, no longer using her support he pushed into the house asking Ada for cocaine, of which she had none.

He was sweating profusely; his eyes were squinting and barely open and when he spoke, he looked as though it was splitting his head open to use his words. He looked as though he could collapse any moment.

Ada looked at Ailbhe, letting a look of concern and panic pass between the women but there was nothing they could do. Tommy was determined to see the advisor to the Soviet Council who now sat in Ada's drawing room with his translator.

Ailbhe knew it to be Russian business but it had clearly not gone to plan. She waited outside the door, pacing back and forth, wondering if she should call for help or call Polly. She had no idea what to do, she felt completely out of her depth. People had gotten injured before, of course. People got hurt all the time but not Tommy. And even when he did, he always seemed able to bounce back. But the look on his face when he arrived, it made a chill run down her spine. He seemed completely beaten, as though he had no more cards up his sleeve.

The meeting was short, only a few minutes and the door opened again. Ada was supporting Tommy as best she could but she was starting to cripple under the weight of him. Ailbhe went on the other side of him, holding him up as best she could as they managed to get him down the stairs.

Almost to the bottom of the stairs, Tommy's legs gave up, his eyes closing. He slid down until he sat and the women could prop him up almost. His groans were getting louder but he managed to get out

"Ada, drive me to a hospital, get the car" he groaned, his eyes flitting open but not looking at them.

Ada sprung to life, getting her keys and going to start the car.

Tommy began moving his hands, searching for someone or something beside him. Despite being scared for him Ailbhe swallowed down her fear and reached her hand out, letting him feel that she was there.

"Ailbhe, if I'm not conscious by the time I get to the hospital tell them I have a fractured skull, concussion and internal bleeding... "

He managed to get out between groans and deep breaths. It was clear Tommy was in agony but Ailbhe didn't know what to do.

"It'll be alright Tom" she whispered, squeezing his hand and hoping Ada would be back with the car soon, they didn't have time to waste.

"Ailbhe, I can't see... I can't see anything" Tommy groaned, his eyes wide open but looking at nothing, his hands grabbing onto her to root him in the moment but she could feel him slipping away from him.

"Just hang on Tom" Ailbhe whispered, feeling the tears from her eyes drop onto Tommy's face and mingle with the sweat that dripped down his brow.

"Except you Dad" he sighed, almost as though the pain was leaving his body "I can see you" he whispered, the last thing he said before he closed his eyes and his hand went limp in Ailbhe's.

"No Tom! Wake up!" Ailbhe snapped, helped by Ada to pull him to his feet and drag him out to the car.

The whole journey all Ailbhe kept praying and wishing for was Tommy to live, to make it through this because Ailbhe knew that Tommy deserved better than this. Even once they had gotten him to the hospital and he was rushed away, all they could do was hope and pray. Tommy deserved so much better than life had given him. He had family, a son, people who loved him. He had people who needed him. And there was nothing Ailbhe could do to save him, not anymore. She just had to wait. And patience was not a virtue Ailbhe had.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

245K 5.1K 45
❝ I would like a soulmate for tomorrow, yet tonight I could use a whiskey-loving companion. ❞ Tommy Shelby x female!oc Peaky Blinders season one, [c...
13K 238 26
Amelia's fear begins when she realizes the darkness within her family. She has always wanted to be part of the gang, Peaky Blinders, but now she is n...
110K 3.1K 17
FOR THE ONE WHO STAYED ─ A peaky blinders fanfiction ━ IN WHICH, Elizabeth Shelby has to come to terms with the fact that sharing a name does not nec...
374K 6K 31
This story is about the youngest member of the Shelby family, Vive. Together with her brothers she grows up under the smoke of Small Heath. Surrounde...