♤DEALS♤

Von Theodora_lu

Book one in The Dealer's Series. 'Cause this is the best deal that I have ever made.' ♤♤♤♤ Her- "I do what I... Mehr

Hola
Chapter 1- The Wedding Deal
Chapter 2 - A new year
Chapter 3 - A deal on marriage
Chapter 4 - 'So what do you say, Caleb?'
Chapter 5 - A Dealer's graduation
Chapter 6 -'And you can sleep on the couch till Marci's funeral!'
Chapter 7 -Never take Deals for granted
Chapter 8 - The start of the end
Chapter 9 - A Dealer with blackmail
Chapter 10 - Brother
Chapter 12 - The worst decision of my life
Chapter 13 - Dealer on a run
Chapter 14 - 'For a musician, your breath sure stinks.'
Chapter 15 - 'Seven Cruel Hours Of Our Lives'
Chapter 16 - Dealing moments
Chapter 17 - 'Keep it up and I'll give your arm a twin with one of your legs.'
Chapter 18 - 'Let's make a deal.'
Chapter 19 - A Dealer doesn't want to make a deal
Chapter 20 - A black grand piano.
Chapter 21 - A Dealer on a date
Chapter 22 - A Dealer's calling
Chapter 23 - 'Meet your sister.'
Chapter 24 - A Deal to regret
Chapter 25 -'I'm the taker of souls.'
Chapter 26 - A Dealer's walls
Chapter 27 - A Dealer's literature
Chapter 28 - Sibling Dealership
Chapter 29 - Tomorrow
Chapter 30 - Dealing with the brother
Chapter 31 - My birthday
Chapter 32 - Mixing deals with pleasure
Chapter 33 - 'From Parks to Parks.'
Chapter 34 - Dealing with Selfish or Selfless
Chapter 35 - A Dealers cons
Chapter 36 - Just stay
Chapter 37 - A Dealer's Goodbye
Chapter 38 - 'My baby is all grown up, falling in love and whatnot.'
Chapter 39 - 'Are you familiar with the Empire, the British empire?'
Chapter 40 - A Deal with Devil's Keeper
Chapter 41 - A Dealer's Wedding
Chapter 42 - What is it with these people and deals?
Chapter 43 - Guilt of a Dealer
Chapter 44 - A Dealer's Battle cry
Chapter 45 - 'Father'
Chapter 46 - Dealing with the truth
Chapter 47 - '...cause this is the best deal that I have ever made.'
Chapter 48 - Dealer against Dealer
Adios mi amigos

Chapter 11 - Once a Dealer forever a babysitter

22 5 29
Von Theodora_lu

Dedicated to lifeisastoryliveit

Peyton Griffin's POV

Have you ever been in an ironic situation; where someone is about to scream bloody murder because of you, and you're about to yell it as well because of someone else?

Welcome to the next day. After Danny and I confronted Joey last night, we went to Danny's house or should I say fancy apartment.

Anyway, back to my earlier question, Danny got called by his father to handle some business-related deals. Unlike father dearest, Joey still lets Danny operate the family business. He has come to face that whether he likes it or not, Danny has a claim to the company no matter how much liability it is. Too bad he couldn't pass on this common sense to his bedmate.

Now I have Charlie in a chokehold; hangover clearly does not affect this girl. So getting her into that position took more flexibility than a snake. Unfortunately, she is better at Karate than me, so my win lasted for about a few seconds.

"Remind me why I always make you feel that you can win at this?" Her mischievous smile was clear as day on her face, and her dark brown eyes dance in delight.

"You may have won this battle Charlie, and other battles before this one, but I promise you. You will rue the day when..."

She let out an over-exaggerated yawn, "Get to the point, woman, before I watch my grand-babies graduate from college."

I narrow my eyes into slits, "You sure you can't remember what went down last night?" I cock my head to examine her from my position on the floor.

You should know about Charlie Sandel; she is horrible at holding down her alcohol, and also never gets hangovers. And ironically, the queen of mischief is the world's worst liar.

So when she avoids eye contact, I need no blind man to tell me that this bitch is about to lie to me.

"So mind telling me how in the first time of your twenty years on momma earth, you get drunk and remember what happened even when the odds were zero to zero?" It's hard to resist the incredulous looks dominating my face.

"Okay, I do remember," She admits while helping me get up, "I am sorry for exposing the secret, but Danny can knock a girl over with that speech of his."

I smiled slyly and put her in the position she had me mere seconds ago, "I'm guessing my apology was accepted." She shrugs.

"Yes, but what happens when you face Danny?" I ask.

She glances towards the door, and her mischief-filled smile graces her face. "I could ask you the same thing when you face Lola."

"What are you-"

"Penny, as much as I would love to turn this into an NCIS crime scene," I glance behind me to see Danny walking toward us with a slightly apprehensive Lola behind him. He reaches us, pulls Charlie from my grasp and places her on his shoulder like a sack of potatoes, "I have bigger fish to fry."

He leaves the room with Charlie pounding his pack and calling him every name under the sun.

Once they leave, I have no other option but to face my other half. She looked quite the same as the last time I saw her, which was at the wedding. Her golden hair has grown longer and is in a knot on her head. The makeup she has on is light and flawless, and since I know this girl so well, that makeup could fool anyone, but I'm not anyone; I could still see the purple rings under her eyes.

"Hey, sis," She waves awkwardly and continues to stand where she is, putting distance between us as if we were strangers.

"Right, nice to see you too. Am I free to be blunt?" I am still a bit upset about what happened. I can call Joey and Jordan's words bluff, but it hurts that she thought to keep this from me.

"Please hear me out," She walks closer and stands in front of me. It's like looking into a mirror; even though my hair was fading back to its golden shade, we could pass off as the same person, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

"Now, what every crap that Jordan told you is only slightly true. He never slept with me, only daddy dearest and Joey did. Might have been partially my fault; my love for food will get me killed sooner than I know it."

I crack a grin, letting her know that her attempt to clear the awkward air is well received.

"Basically, it was their bachelor's party. Father dearest had no idea that the stripper perched onto his lap was his daughter."

I pull her into a bone-crushing hug; I am starting to feel that I have let my mother down by failing to keep a close eye on my other half, and no excuse will be eligible for that.

I release her a bit and notice that both our eyes are wet with tears, "From now on, I will protect you more than I could ever do, and I will gladly die trying."

She lets out a breathy chuckle, "Last time I checked, I'm older than you."

"Same goes for you; that's why you left mom's stomach early before you could get all your marbles." I retort with a snort.

We both chuckled at that.

"Sisters?" Lola looks at me with hopeful eyes.

"More than you know it." I grin and hug her once again.

No matter what happens, I can never stay mad at my sister for long. The only thing I worry about is the Mafia's present Don whom I made a deal.

"I hope your new bedmate is treating you well because if he isn't, he will be the next Captain Hook. And I will gladly play the crocodile," I say as we make our way out of the parlour to the foyer where Danny and Charlie are in a heavy make-out.

"Five bucks says we will be Aunts in the next two weeks." Lola leans and whispers to me.

"I'd give them a minute," I say loud enough for them to hear us.

They immediately break away from each other and look at us.

"Nice to know that you girls have faith in me," Charlie glances at us; her makeup is slightly smudged; In return, we give her a flat look.

"Now that you girls have done whatever you girls do after an argument, can we address the elephant in the room?" Danny gestures to Lola and me.

"Yes." Charlie glares at him as if they weren't making out just moments before, a cold glare on her face, "I hope you had those hands disinfected before you touched me." Her brown eyes grow darker.

"And to think she would forget." Lola grins.

"Sorry, Char, but if memory serves me right, my dear brother said he would gladly cut off his balls for you."

Aside from the glare, Danny throws my way, my other half's giggles and the grin that Charlie shares with me, I realized one thing.

Remember that sentimental stuff I said about family a few years ago? I'd like to add that I would gladly sacrifice my happiness for these people in this room with me. Besides the loyalty and love we have for each other, if my mom's journal has taught me one thing, it's to never underestimate the bond of family.

With that being said, I would gladly fight tooth and nail to make sure these idiots get their happy endings, even if I don't get mine.

-

After fighting our way through the press crowded at the entrance of the fancy apartment. Danny heads back to the company, and Lola heads back to the company of her new husband after promising to tell me if he gives her trouble; I still have that part of the pacific rented out.

As for Charlie and I, we head back to Kid's Paradise after losing a coin toss; I'm forced to clean the dog crap in the backyard while Char mans the cash register and Ledgers.

"OH MY GOD! YOU'RE CALEB PARKS!"

I hear Charlie call from the store; someone's been watching way too much Disney.

"Oi and I are the Easter bunny on a run from Santa for stealing his cookie and the Mrs All for meself in one night," I shout.

I strutted back into the store through the back door, "I thought we were calling out things that were plausible." I grin sheepishly as everyone's eyes are fixed on me.

One of those eyes belonging to Shane Li, I can assure you that this living asswipe is a good friend.

Mrs Sandel has never had luck when it came to love. She had Shane for some China man when my mom newly got married to Father Dearest.

Let's just say Mr Li is in a better place. As for Charlie's dad, he was killed in a car accident; that was also around the time I was born. Safe to say, the Sandels are one heck of a family.

Despite whatever differences Mrs Sandel may have had for her previous husband, she still loves Shane as much as she loves Charlie. It didn't come as a shock when she gave him a job as a model in her clothing industry: Another reason why dear ol' Shane is wanted with his head on a stake by many powerful men in America.

"I see you are still clinging to your aspiration to become the next pirate of the Caribbean." Shane grins at me; he is never tired of our banter.

A wicked smile graces my lips, "I don't know what's worse, having the two mischievous Sandels in one room or seeing how your head is still on your shoulders?"

"Once you have stamina like me, you for sure will know how to keep up with the women and the occasional fathers." Shane shrugs nonchalantly.

A small laugh comes out of me; the way that statement holds two meanings is a no-brainer. He was known for his famous innuendos and witty remarks.

"Anyway, Peyton, Charlie, I have a favour to ask of you guys?" Shane coughs

"I am not posing as your fake wife." I immediately blurted out, that day involved more blood than the usual crime scene; another reason to keep your daughters away from Shane unless you are very handy with a gun.

"Of course, Troy would have my head if the press got a hold of that. I came here so you could help a friend of mine." Shane finally gestures to someone beside him.

I direct my eyes at the uprising pop star whose windpipe I was close to crushing last night, were it not for too many witnessing presently at the concert. I feel my expression become icy as I look at him from head to toe.

"Are there any cops around?" I ask as a fake smile graces my lips. My eyes dart to the see-through glass at the entrance of the store.

"No, why?" Shane shifts his body forward, so he is covering Caleb bloody Parks partially from my murderous glare.

"So that no one would hear then ..." I never finished my statement because Charlie held me back when I tried to show off some WWE moves.

"I promise I'll make his death quick and slightly painful," I say, still struggling to free myself from Charlie's grasp.

"Easy girl, a pair of contacts and a wig, and you couldn't even recognize me." Shane stalks forward, a familiar glint in his eye.

"That was you?" I ask incredulously.

Well, that makes sense. It came off a bit far-fetched that I insulted this guy, and he didn't throw me out. I should have recognized those familiar orbs as they danced in mischief when they surveyed me last night, contacts or not.

"Took you long enough," Shane scoffs, "I know I might be a mannerless prick at times," I cock a brow as if I look like I was born yesterday, "Okay, all the time. But my friends here are not." He gestures to the people behind me, I quickly look them over, but my gaze remains on the blonde at the edge.

He continues, "We just need you to watch this sweet little angel for a while." He gives a little girl a gentle push forward.

My dear friends, I am not known for being subtle, so the sentence that leaves my mouth should not come out as a shock to you all.

"How much are we talking here?" I called out after Charlie had released my mid-section slightly.

"Three hundred...only," Shane nudges Caleb to speak up.

"Yes, but I'm going to have to leave my friend here with you guys," He gestures to a muscle-filled man behind him.

"Deal." Charlie and I answer in a heartbeat.

Caleb bends down to plant a kiss on the girl's forehead.

They turn around to face me when I say, "Wait, are there any health conditions we should be wary of?" I may be a Pediatrician, but there is no way I am practising it here with a kid who may have a net worth more than this store

"As long as you keep her entertained, you should be fine." The older and boyish version of Charlie dares to smirk at me as he lives with Caleb and his posse.

"So I'm done with the backyard. Mr Rogers' kids are glued to the TV as rotten gum stuck to my shoe. Now what?" I ask Charlie.

"I am yet to finish the Ledgers. Do you want to handle Parks' junior or take over?" Char kept staring at the shy girl who stood a few feet from us.

"You know what, I'll take her for a walk to the ice cream parlour, have fun." I grab a purse. There is no time to check the ownership because I hold the little girl's arm lightly and blow a kiss at Charlie, who offers me the stink eye as the muscle man follows us out.

We take a quick walk to the ice cream parlour around the block, and the little girl's eyes light up as we walk in. If I have to spend my afternoon, I might as well keep us entertained.

We take a booth at the far end of the store, which is secluded from the other customers, in case they recognize us.

"What is your name, sweetie?" I ask.

She grins, "I'm Abigail and this is Shawn." She points at the muscle man.

The man grunts, and I think it's in disapproval. I highly doubt I look like a serial killer; basic information is not bad.

"Well, I'm Peyton; I'll be your sitter for now. How old are you?"

"Six and a half," She raises her hands, one with the palm open and the other with only the index finger up.

"So, Abigail, who is your favourite Disney princess?" It's a norm for little girls these days to be in love with those fancy girls that Walt Disney makes his money from.

Speaking of little girls, I left one at my store to handle the registration. I hope for all that is black that she will not break out the glitter glue.

"I love Mulan. She needed no man to set the record straight and show China what we women are capable of." She said. I feel my jaw drop; did a six-year-old just give a monologue about feminism from a Disney movie?

A waitress comes and takes our orders; how ironic that we all order vanilla.

"Who was your favourite character in Mulan?"

"Apart from Mulan herself, I'd say it was Mushu. I like how he helped Mulan save China."

Our orders come, we pay and leave; by we I mean Shawn. The quiet giant paid for us including me, which surprised me. He hasn't participated in the conversation.

We take our ice cream cones and walk back to the store, "What's your favourite movie?"

I look down at the grinning girl who walks beside me with ice creams smearing her checks, "I prefer books to movies."

"That's nice. My brother Caleb and Shawn sometimes read my books before bedtime, although I somehow wish my mom could do it."

I get the vibe that something is up with her parents; my vibe is correct when Shawn shakes his head at the mention of parents; A sure sign that I should stop the conversation from going in that direction.

When we get to the store; I cover Abigail's eyes as she giggles. Caught in a very compromising position are my stepbrother and my best friend, what a cruel and cliché world?!

"I'm afraid to ask what you guys have done to the remaining children upstairs?" I cock my head to the side, watching as Charlie jumps down from the counter and Danny arranges his shirt.

"Relax, Penny, they are still breathing." Danny leans his head to the side as he sizes Shawn up.

Men, I roll my eyes.

"We will continue this later, and I don't mean a threesome mister?" I give them a pointed look as I make my way up the stairs with Abigail and Shawn.

"What's a threesome?" Abigail gives me a curious look, and Shawn smirks in my direction.

Dare I say again that Parents should be cautious of who they leave their kids with. I have a colourful vocabulary and more colourful friends, the same way the kids have colourful hand turkeys.

I ignored her as we climbed the fleet of stairs and into the nursery room which had a few beds and a television. Sure enough, Mr Rogers' bulldozers are so close to it; I'm surprised, they can still see clearly. When they shift their gaze to us.

The next sight was hilarious; they scrambled onto their feet, made their way toward Shawn and began climbing him as if he were a human climbing wall.

I mock a salute to him and smirk as I mouth 'good luck'. He lets out a groan; I can see being tall is not as perked up as people make it out to be.

I climb the hammock in the corner of the room; Abigail nuzzles my neck as I read her a book. Just after a few chapters in, I notice that not only has she fallen asleep on me, Shawn is on his way to becoming the next human bed.

I stifle a laugh as my phone buzzes; I check it and see that Shane sent the money through a transfer with a voice note.

'If you're free tomorrow, I would like for us to meet up. Don't tell Charlie and Danny. Please come alone.'

That's weird, he knows well enough that Charlie would want to know what's going on with her brother, but I'll respect his wishes to see what's going on.

Seems like my tomorrow is already planned out, having to add to my sitcom of a life. I face my best friend's half-brother and my ex. I think one day I may look back on this and laugh, but as for now, my sights are on getting that book I told Jordan to retrieve for me from the Griffin estate.

I hear the store door open, and familiar heavy steps can be heard from downstairs. It's like magic when the triplets of terror wake up and hurry downstairs to greet their dad and go home; the relief on Shawn's face is comical.

"Daddy!" The little girls with red hair run down the flight of stairs and jump into Mr Rogers, whose arms were open and waiting. But it wasn't enough, so they all toppled onto the floor.

I'm guessing that not all parents are lost causes.

"Sorry, sir, I tried to hold them down." I come down the stairs with a sleeping Abigail clinging to me.

"No worries." Mr Rogers says as he gets up with his giggling daughters, "Thank you, Peyton, send my regards to Charlie. Goodnight." He leaves with a knowing smile on his face.

I know that smile anywhere.

He wants to know how I have been, but doesn't want to open my business in front of a complete stranger.

My respect for that man grows by the day.

I let out a breath and handed Abigail over to him. "Here you are. I got the transfer, so the deal is complete."

As I say this, a tired-looking Shawn comes down the stairs and walks out the doors.

"What got him so tired?" He asks.

"Three little redheads," I say and look around the shop, Charlie and Danny are nowhere in sight, but I will still play the role of a good best friend, which clearly explains my next course of action.

"Charlie wanted an autograph, but she left, so if you don't mind," I reach behind the counter and grab a poster with a pen.

"Sure, no problem," Caleb says and takes the pen and signs; when he gives it back to me, our fingers brush.

I get this weird feeling that I used to get whenever Jordan holds my hand. I barely know this dude, and I still think he is overrated, so without further ado, I grimace.

I move away and put the signed picture by the table, "So till the next millennium?" I give a witty statement, Charlie would literally make me grow some balls and cut them off. She finds out I was rude to this guy, and she is loyal to me.

"Meaning?" His face contours into confusion.

"I mean you will most likely not see me ever again. The chances are in the next millennium," I state, my dry jokes skills are pretty rusty, but I still go on with it.

"Thanks for watching my sister; it was really cool of you." He gives me an honest smile.

I focus on filling the ledger, "No problem, happy to help."

I lift my head for him to give me another smile and walk out the door.

For the first time, I wasn't cursing out like I normally did, but then again Caleb bloody Parks didn't give me a reason to.

♤♤♤♤

Happy new year guys!😘😘

Technically I still have seven hours more before I enter the new decade but either way, I'm still pumped up for it.🙃

So Caleb and Peyton have finally met and who else noticed the way their characters went through a mild change when they were alone together.😏🤭

Meanwhile, I'm so sorry that the update came very late. It took me a while and I had to replay this scene countless times, from their points of view before I could narrow it down.

Feel free to show me any typos you can find.

Till next time or should I say near😅, oldies.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

262K 5.4K 49
"Tell me. Why won't you tell me?" He asks and I look towards him slowly, "You didn't even talk to me until yesterday! I'm trying to make it so nobody...
1M 30.3K 49
Book #1 of "His & Hers" book trilogy Warning: Mature (18+) Content! #6 in Mafia 2022 #1 in Italianamerican 2022 #4 in Slowburn 2022 #1 in Hook-ups 20...
209K 11.4K 85
It's been five years since Zoey and Caleb brought their first child into the world. Since then life has been a real roller coaster for the two of the...
1M 26.6K 40
Aitana Daniels was at the age of twenty-six. She gave birth to her baby girl Freyah Raven Daniels six years ago at age twenty. Many people call Aitan...