Chapter Seventy-Five

The next few minutes felt like a blur, I sat on the floor for a moment motionless watching as everyone ran frantically to each other waiting for the glass to settle. I watched as Ron ran over to Hermione heaving her up off the floor hurrying back over to Harry who was fighting with Draco for their wands, Harry pulled them taking Draco with him watching as he stumbled to the floor catching himself on the couch.

Through instinct I finally hoisted myself up staggering over to Hermione in a poor attempt to help them but as I did so I felt an agonising pain emerge from my neck, I immediately clasped my throat feeling the free flowing surge of blood. I refused to tend to it instead making my way towards Harry wanting nothing more than to apologise for the immense pain I've caused them, yet I didn't specifically intend for them to forgive me, I knew it'd just make me feel more sane.

As I made my way towards them I turned around to see Bellatrix darting towards us, Harry, Ron and Hermione all stood huddled together with what looked to be a house elf, I was desperate to reach them before they apparated but I knew it was going to basically be impossible. Don't get me wrong I was relieved that they some how was able to escape again but I knew that if I'd have to live my life knowing that I never got my chance to explain what happened, selfish I know but how else would I be able to cope.

I came to a sudden halt in the middle of the drawing room as I looked over my shoulder to see the same dagger that Bellatrix used to pierce my throat now get hurled right towards me. I froze completely petrified my feet glued to the ground, I held my hand up to my face and crouched down flinching as the blade flew towards me. I closed my eyes tight just waiting for it to slice through me but just as my eyes shut completely, I felt someone grab my wrist hard.

I felt a familiar feeling that I had went through many times knowing exactly what had just happened, I managed to dodge the blade feeling a faint sharp pain as it passed right through me. My head spun around getting one last glimpse of Harry who appeared to be preparing to apperate just as we did. Hermiones exhausted face and Bellatrixs enraged scream being the last things I saw and heard as I was transported to somewhere I had no idea could be.

I gradually opened my eyes to see that we were surrounded by tall compact trees that go up for what seemed to be forever, the canopy above distant like clouds of green. The air was heavy overwhelming me with the thick scent of woodland, it was dark for this time of day, the canopy of trees like a blanket hiding us away from the outside. My eyes fluttered, slowly giving out on me, the pain I chose to ignore only grew worse by the second, I retrieved my hand from my neck to see the palm almost completely covered with blood that dripped consistently of the tips off my finger tips.

I fell faint at the sight not able to look at it for much longer, still oblivious to the fact Draco was stood right next to me I reached for my wand forgetting that I gave it to Luna. As I looked back up, now in more of a panic I flinched when my eyes met with Dracos who was now towering in front of me, my eyes grew heavier and I knew there wasn't much longer until I gave in. I stumbled forward losing my balance catching myself on his chest, I rested my hands on his shirt taking deep breaths as I grew weaker by the second using him as my support.

As my vision slowly darkened and everything became bleary, I wasn't able to hold myself up for much longer, my legs gradually collapsing. Though I couldn't move much myself I was still able to make out certain things, I forced myself to keep fighting so I was still semi-aware of what was going on. My head fell limp onto Dracos shoulder, he lifted it up and grabbed my arm throwing it around his neck for balance as he carried me towards a small formation of trees. His other hand clutched my neck trying to prevent anymore blood from seeping out of the wound propping up my head as he did so, we eventually reached the enclosed section of the forest which was when he quickly placed me down on the ground that was coated by a layer of dirt and twigs.

My head fell back lifelessly onto the trunk of the huge tree that stood behind us, Draco crouched down beside me and rummaged though his blazer and back pockets searching for something. 'Shit' He muttered aggressively as his hands came up empty, Harry must have taken his wand that was buried within the others, this meant neither of us had wands. He began to search my pockets and scanned the floor around us frantically looking for my wand not knowing I gave mine away, eventually giving up knowing he had to think of another way to treat me.

He crouched beside me and lifted my head slightly placing his hand firmly on the gash while he raised his other so it was now directly level with my eyes, "Come on, stay with me" he demanded while he clicked his fingers in attempt to wake me up. "Fuck Ceradwin you're not leaving me now" He sounded desperate his voice frantic as he moved my head over so I was now facing him.

I was still able to hear him, it was muffled but I could make out what he was saying trying my best to comply even though it was very difficult. The weight on my eyes made it almost impossible to open though I still fought to open them even the slightest bit just to let him know that he wasn't getting rid of me that easily. As I did, I glanced down at my hand gesturing for him to move it off the ground so I could try and regain control over it.

He grabbed it firmly holding it tight to my stomach squeezing it to help me feel something again, it took what felt like a lifetime, but I was finally able to weakly squeeze it back making his eyes shoot up towards mine eager for me to continue. This was the closet I've ever been to death and I knew that if I gave up now I wouldn't only be losing my life but I'd be leaving the one person that I gave it up for, after all loving him was the most exquisite form of self destruction. I heard Draco unbutton his shirt violently ripping the bottom of it placing it tightly to my throat so that it absorbed the remaining blood that seeped out from the cut.

He moved me over slightly and propped himself up on the tree I laid on sitting himself down on the blanket of dirt, he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and rested my head onto his chest still holding the piece of material securely to my neck. His head fell back exhausted, it was now even darker not being able to see past the tree directly in front of us, his breathing was heavy but steady giving me something to focus on as I tried to stay awake.

"You're not losing me that easily Draco" I murmured, even the smallest of sentences took a whole lot of effort, but it was worth it as I felt him exhale in relief, he could try and deny it as many times as he wants too but he needed me just as much as I needed him.