"You could sleep in for another week before the semesters start again." Kageyama retorts.

Hinata notices the cast over eyes Kageyama wears. He seems a bit agitated about something.

Did something happen between Y/L/N and him?

The two did abruptly leave the party last night. Sighing, Hinata makes his way over to join Kageyama on his sofa.

The weight of the sofa dips slightly when Hinata joins Kageyama. Rubbing his eyes and ruffling his bed hair, Hinata sits cross legged, facing Kageyama to give him his undivided attention. "So, are you going to answer my question?"

"Don't rush me." Kageyama grumbles. Hinata is use to Kageyama's brushed off behavior so he simply shrugs and stares at nothing specific.

Kageyama's lips twitch and he feels anxiety crawl in his palms. He didn't want to stoop so low as to asking this idiot beside him for advice. But the other guys lack the long experience of being in a relationship compared to Hinata.

Forcing his eyes shut, he inhales deeply before bringing up the topic that bothers him.

"Hinata." Kageyama's tone is curt.

"Yeah?" Hinata raises an eyebrow from the sudden serious tension in the air. He watches Kageyama exhale slowly. His dark blue eyes flutter open and he stares Hinata down.

"Where should I take Y/N on a date? I want it to be perfect and I don't want to do the same things you did for her. Would she prefer something outside? Inside? Just the two of us? Or is she okay with crowds? Should it be something fancy? Or does she like something more casual?" Kageyama spits one question after the next. He doesn't give Hinata any leeway to answer.

"H-HEY! One question at a time Kageyama, sheesh!" Hinata raises his hands up as if surrendering from Kageyama's flying arrows of questions. "And, seriously? I thought you two would've gone on your first date the moment you asked her out."

Kageyama feels a bit embarrassed for badgering Hinata. He looks down to his lap and slowly shakes his head.

"To answer your question, Y/L/N will be happy with anything as long as you are there. The thought of it is plenty enough. She's very considerate and I'm sure she'll love whatever you plan. You shouldn't stress yourself out to make it perfect." Hinata speaks slowly and carefully in hopes Kageyama's uneasy emotions will ease up.

"I've also dated her for four years. We went on several dates so I don't know if there's something I haven't done that you could." Hinata casts his eyes to the side, scratching his cheek. "It's your first date so it's okay if it isn't per--"

Hinata's words are cut off when Kageyama shakes his head furiously like a stubborn child. "No. It has to be." Kageyama is adamant with his decision.

"But why? There's going to be plenty of dates after this one." Hinata speaks loosely without knowing the pressure Kageyama's put himself under.

"I want her to put her trust in me. Her heart especially."

Hinata doesn't follow Kageyama's reasoning.

"Isn't her heart yours already? Why else would the two of you date if she doesn't have feelings for you?" Hinata tilts his head slightly, brows raised and a perplexed expression on his face.

Kageyama's lips tighten into a fine line. A shadow casts over his dark blue eyes and his shoulders tense up. He clenches and unclenches his fingers in his palm. With a shaky breath, he closes his eyes to tell Hinata. "She's not ready to tell me she loves me."

Hinata makes a puzzled face. "Isn't that normal? Her and I didn't say those words to each other until maybe two months into our relationship..."

Kageyama shoots his eyes open, glaring at Hinata. "I can't wait. I want to hear it now." The slight pout on Kageyama's face makes Hinata want to chuckle. Kageyama definitely looks like a stubborn child now with his impatience.

Stifling his laughter back, Hinata clears his throat and sits up straighter. It's not every day where Hinata gets to be more mature than Kageyama. "You shouldn't rush her to say those words to you Kageyama. Patience is key." Kageyama groans loudly, clicking his tongue. "Patience my ass."

"You're always quick with everything Kageyama. Taking something slow won't hurt you. This isn't a volleyball game." Hinata's sudden serious tone does ease Kageyama's impatient thoughts. He selfishly wants to hear the words to calm his anxious heart.

But Hinata is right.

"Fine..." Kageyama droops his shoulders and leans his back against the sofa. "You're right. I shouldn't rush her. The last thing I want is to push her further away instead of closer." He nibbles his bottom lip, exhaling slowly.

Hinata feels relieved to hear Kageyama's answer. He didn't know what else he had to say if Kageyama retorted back.

"You really love her, don't you Kage?" Hinata asks him with a small smile.

"Yeah. Of course." Kageyama looks over at Hinata. "I think a little too much actually." He speaks much softer with furrowed brows. Hinata watches Kageyama sigh again.

Leaning forward with clasp hands, Kageyama stares at the floor. "I want to suffocate her with all my love. This love of mine that I've pent up over the years. But that would probably scare her off. I don't want to seem too clingy but..." Kageyama groans. He frustratingly runs his fingers through his hair. "Love changes you." Hinata softly whispers from his spot. Without looking up, Kageyama nods his head slowly.

Just the thought of Y/N makes his heart hammer against his chest.

He loves her more than he's able to express and he wants nothing more than for her to feel the same way towards him.

God. He's fallen for her deep.

He's not sure how long his slim patience can be harbored before he just explodes.

"Let's go play some volleyball. I can't sit still." Kageyama shoots himself up from the sofa. Hinata sighs quietly and nods his head with a smile.