"Robert, you need to see other human beings."

"Yeah, no thanks."

And then Violet moved into his apartment the next day and forced him to go shopping (much like how she is right now). Robert isn't the friendliest person, often quick to anger and likes to be in solitude unless bribed with good food. Which you've probably picked up on by now.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Excusez-moi!"

"Bouge-le, punk!"

"J'en voudrais deux s'il vous plait madame."

Robert swiftly rode past masses of people on the sidewalk. Maneuvering through the crowd of men, women, and children with practiced ease. It was summer, going on the cusp of fall. Wind blew through his hair making him shiver as he rode his bike at a steady pace.

"Grocery store, grocery store....ah there it is."

Though he has lived in Parée for about four years now, Robert still had trouble finding his way around the big city. His French was not perfect. But, adding four years in the actual place onto all those high school courses definitely helped him pick up a few things. For example, a colorful array of swear words. Though, he prefers the English ones to French. Even if one is saying "piss off", it still sounds like a fancy dessert name. Robert finds English more expressive to his moods.

"Shit, what was I getting again? Celery? Croissants?"

Robert mumbled to himself as he parked his bike and headed to the front entrance of the Grocery store.

"......Cheese? Cheese!" He snapped his fingers with the realization. 

Robert took out his phone and shot Violet a text asking how much he would need to get. Lightly running his fingers over the numerous labels, he looked for Gouda. His all time favorite cheese. It's not of French origin, but the grocery store still has it none the less.

"Gammelost, Garrotxa, Golden Cross, Gorgonzola.."

Robert increased his pace as he spotted what he was searching for, not aware of the other young man about three feet away that was unintentionally speeding right for him. Robert hopped in front of the basket and grabbed a little wrapped chunk of Gouda cheese.

"Great! Human interaction averted, now I can get out of this plac-"

A person slammed into him from his left side. Robert let out a yelp as he tipped backwards. Trying to catch his fall, he grabbed the edge of the large basket of cheese next to him. That didn't help as the next thing Robert did was slam his head on the floor and dump the whole basket of Gouda cheese on not only himself, but also the person who pushed him over.

"What. the. HELL." Robert shouted heatedly rubbing his throbbing head, staring daggers at who had just knocked him off balance.

He glared at a pale, gangly young man. Adorned with a head full of unruly blue-ish black curls. His nose and ears a little pink from what Robert was guessing the slight cold outside. Along with a dirty red scarf and a puffy jacket, he wore a shaken expression. One full of embarrassment, regret, and surprise. And just like Robert, he was up to his mid torso in a pile of individually wrapped Gouda cheeses.

"Oh mon dieu! Je suis tellement désolé! I am so sorry!" The guy pushed the cheese off himself and stood up, locking eyes with Robert.

He offered a hand, trying to be nice. Robert ignored the action.

"Damn it, I jinxed myself." he grumbled under his breath.

Getting up, he called over an employee to pick up the mess. Without sparing another glance, Robert picked up two little bundles of Gouda cheese off the floor and headed towards the cash out area. Not caring much at the moment if he had enough for dinner. 'If I didn't get enough, Rousseau can just go to the store by her damn self! And while she's there, she can buy her own damn cheese!' Robert thought to himself angrily, his skull still throbbing from where he slammed it into the floor.