Until suddenly a pair of cold hands covered your eyes.

"Calm down Ojou-Chan, it'll be alright, listen to my voice and relax yourself" A familiar voice entered your ears, it was calming, soothing you, he took your hand and slowly your tensed muscles relaxed and you regained control of your limbs. "That's a good girl~" Hearing that made you blush profusely immediately pushing him away from you. "Who are you!" He stumbled back and fell over.

"Haha surprise?" Looking at the figure on the floor you immediately recognized him, "Childe!? What are you doing here?" You asked, you really didn't know why he was here. "Didn't the shorty tell you?" What did he mean by shorty? Scara?

"Annoying" he mumbled under his breath, getting up and dusting himself off he quickly explained, "Basically this was supposed to be a job for you, shorty and me, it was a 3-man job, but clearly shorty didn't want you to know." Why would Scara leave you in the dark? Well he probably had a good reason for it, right?

"Anywho, shouldn't I get something in return? I saved you, you know?" A devilish grin appeared on his face. You were about to protest when you thought about it more carefully. A familiar voice rang through your head.

.
.
.

"You should always offer your thanks Aether! It'll make you and the other person happy, plus there's no harm in it is there?"

.
.
.

Reminiscing about the past always made you nostalgic, your brother even if he was clumsy, he was a good kid, remembering the lesson you gave to your brother you turned to Childe and bowed.

"Thanks for helping me"

Badump

Childe was awestruck he didn't expect you to apologize let alone bow to someone like him. He was pleasantly surprised, his ears turned a nice shade of pink. Covering his face with his hand he tried to deviate the conversation.

"W-well now that your fine let's go find shorty" swiftly walking away from you hiding his embarrassment. You caught wind of his pink tipped ears and chuckled to yourself. "Cute" Childe paused for a moment then continued walking.

"OI SHORTY SNAP OUT OF IT!" Childe was rushing towards Scara, something happened. You quickened your pace but it was too late, before Childe could reach Scara he already touched another key. The key then faded and an army of ruin guards was marching towards you three.

"Scara snap out of it come on!" You yelled at him, he jolted awake from his trance and looked around the room, seeing the ruin guards he immediately went into a battle stance.

"You did all this didn't you! Tartaglia!" Swords and slashes were exchanged between you guys and the ruin guards. Scara was annoyed that Childe well, just existed. "Quit your screaming! We have things to kill! And Princess over here can vouch that you started all of this! So start killing stop whining!" A big grin was splattered on Childe's face, after all, the thrill of the battle always excited him, even if his aim was that of toddlers.......

You had no idea how many ruin guards you've killed but bruises and such were prominently displayed on your body, Scara and Childe were panting as well. After using his Foul legacy transformation Childe slowly lost strength, the recoil from it was too much for him. Scara didn't look too good either, we were all panting heavily as the last boss entered the room. Well you prayed it was the last boss.

Corpses of ruin guards littered the floor and the final boss, well you hoped was final, was the only thing left, it's machine was whirring and it's blades sprung into action. You all took a stance, even if you were drowned in sweat and bruises you had to fight.

Swish

In mere seconds, Childe was slashed right in the middle of his body, blood was oozing out and he fell in front of you. "N/n!" You didn't realize what was going on till Scara yelled your name. Childe jumped in to save you, your reflexes weren't fast enough and he got hurt.

"N/n! Run!" Trying to move your arms out of fear, trying to suppress it you rushed to Childe and held him, dragging him away but the flying thing sensed it and charged directly towards you, this time you dodged in time. Not without earning a bunch of deep cuts, well at least the thing didn't chop your head off.

"Oi! You stupid ruin flying guard thing! Over here!" Scara was throwing, yelling profanities at the thing to deviate its attention, you took this chance to drag Childe and run.

——

This was a longer chapter then usual
I hope y'all aren't too bored.....
Thank you for almost 5k reads
Would you all like another bonus to commemorate?
If y'all do then gimme some suggestions!
Have a joyous day :3
P.S I changed the cover cuz the old one wasn't my art and it didn't feel right to use it so yea