Chapter Twenty-Two

Start from the beginning

"Time got away from me." Tony smiled at her.

"I can tell." She looked at the clothes waiting patiently for her at the end of the bed. She slowly walked over to them, noticing that Tony's eyes didn't leave her once. He moved closer to her. He stood to stand behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist. Ziva let out a sigh, reveling in his presence. He brought his head down and placed kisses upon her neck and her shoulder, making her legs feel like they were going to fall out from under her. Her hands moved to his, squeezing them tightly. She heard him chuckle into her shoulder, moving up and planting a kiss behind her ear. She let out a small moan at the sensation. She turned around and brought his head down to place a kiss upon his lips, slipping her tongue into his mouth, making him groan. When they pulled back, they were breathless. She placed her forehead upon his and looked into his beautiful green eyes. He smiled at her with his 100-watt grin.

"I missed you." He whispered. She smiled at him and leaned in to give him another kiss. She laughed.

"If my mother was to come in here right now, I would be in trouble." They laughed together and Ziva grabbed her clothes and made her way back to her bathroom. She looked at him over her shoulder as she walked.

"I will be right back."

"I'll be right here." She smiled at him as she closed the door. She looked at herself in the mirror and couldn't get over the constant smile on her face. She had never smiled this much before in her entire life. She wished her father, her brother, and her sister could have experienced this peace. This wonderful new life she and her mother now had. No more violence, no more death. This is what life was all about. She had no doubt over half of it had to do with Tony. She loved his personality, his presence, his family. Her eyes went wide as she realized, she was falling in love with him. What would normally have freaked her out, made her smile. She liked the idea of loving him. Of him loving her. It didn't mean she wasn't terrified at all. She couldn't stop the negative thoughts that also plagued her mind too. What if they didn't work out? What if he left her for someone else? What if she wasn't good enough?

She shook her head at herself. Tony had proven himself to her over the last couple of months. Really showed her the Tony on the inside. The one that is caring and kind, sweet and romantic. She really hoped things would be okay, that they would work out.

She looked at her clothes which consisted of one of Tony's sweatshirts and a pair of shorts. When she opened the door, she saw Tony laying face down on her bed, his eyes closed. She smiled at him. He looked so innocent and childlike, well even more than usual, and just...relaxed. She walked over to him and ran her hand up and down on his back. She smiled at the groan he produced. He opened his eyes and looked up at her. He held his hand out for her, which she accepted, and went willingly when he pulled her down to lay with him. He wrapped his arm around her and her back rested softly against his stomach. She could feel his breath on her cheek and she smiled at the comfort of it. Tony had never spent the night before. It was something they were both hesitant about, as they didn't want to rush things and go too far. They also didn't want their parents to disapprove of some sort. Maybe he could tonight. He looked worn in from his game.

'No. That is not right. Worn out. Yes!!' She smiled at how she knew Tony would have corrected her if she had said it out loud. She turned to look at him to see his eyes were closed again.

"Tony?" He slowly opened his eyes to look at her.

"Maybe you should text Gibbs and Jenny and ask if you can stay here tonight." He sighed.

"I don't want to.." She stopped him and put a hand on his cheek.

"I know but you're not. I will just have to ask my mother. You are way too tired to be driving anyway. Text your parents while I go talk to her." She reluctantly got up and out of his embrace and made her way out of her room. She went down the stairs and saw her mother sitting in the living room watching some tv show. Rivka turned to look at her and gestured for her to sit. She went and asked if she could pause her show.

"Ima, Tony is too tired to drive home tonight from his game, would it be okay if he stayed tonight? I promise nothing will happen." Rivka smiled. She knew this was going to come up soon. Especially with how close Tony and Ziva had become.

"If it is okay with his parents, I do not see a problem with it." Ziva smiled and hugged.

"Thank you, Ima." As Ziva made to get up, she felt Rivka grab ahold of her hand.

"I trust you, Ziva." Ziva smiled. She leaned down and placed a kiss on her mother's cheek.

"Laila Tov Ima."

"Laila Tov, Zivaleh." Ziva grinned as she made her way back upstairs.

While Ziva had gone down to ask Rivka if he could stay the night, Tony pulled out his phone and texted his mom as his father still had his flip phone.

Tony: Hey mom, is it okay if I stay at Ziva's tonight? I'm too tired to drive home and I don't feel like walking. Ziva's talking with her mom now, if she says okay, can I?

He was nervous about texting her. He didn't fail to notice how he rambled and what seemed to him as being repetitive. He was nervous. He's never stayed with Ziva overnight and was worried about what Rivka would say. Maybe she didn't trust him with her only daughter yet. His reply came back.

Mom: If Rivka says it's okay, then we don't have a problem with it. Just don't do anything stupid.

He laughed. Leave it to his mother to say something like that. He had no doubt in his mind she would rip him a new one if he did anything stupid. Just like he had no doubt that his dad would give him a firm slap to the back of his head.

Tony: I'll let you know what she says when Ziva gets back. Thank you.

He looked up at the ceiling and closed his eyes again. He was exhausted. He worked hard. Played hard. Now all he wanted to do was sleep with his girl in his arms. He opened his eyes when the bed dipped at the end. He saw Ziva in his sweatshirt looking at him with a smile.

"You can stay." He smiled at her and pulled her to him for a kiss.

"What did your parents say?"

"Said I could as long as Rivka was okay with it." She nodded and snuggled into her pillow.

Tony: Rivka said it was okay. Will be home in the morning. Love you.

Mom: Love you too.

"Can I take a quick shower?" He didn't want to just use her things without permission. He wasn't sure how much he was free to do. She laughed at him.

"You do not have to ask Tony." With that, she let him go into her bathroom. She heard the shower turn on and his footsteps as he got into the shower. She smiled as she liked him being over. Liked knowing she would be in his arms tonight and wake up with him tomorrow. She hugged her arms around herself and inhaled the scent that was just Tony. He had given it to her earlier in the week and it quickly became her favorite. She heard the shower turn off and saw Tony emerge from the bathroom in just his boxers. Her eyes racked his form. From his broad shoulder to his 6 rock hard abs. Not only was he charming and sweet, but he was very nice to look at. He noticed her staring and smiled. Normally it was him raking her form, now it was her. He loved that. He climbed back into bed with her and smiled as she snuggled up to him. She had told him about how she was never really a cuddler so it made him feel good that she wanted to do that with him. He looked over and turned off the lamp on her bedside table.

He had his girl in his arms and nothing could ever be better.