Without any hesitation, Giyuu sat down beside her futon and gently took her small fisted hands into his. She stopped whimpering and tossing immediately, opting to curl her body closer to where he sat instead.

He found it almost amusing how her sleepy self behaved like a small child which he didn't particularly mind, if he were to be honest. It was... endearing, if he dare say so. It was almost impossible to imagine her right now as the same woman who had attacked Sanemi in the Hashira meeting.

He noticed as she suddenly curled in even more, cradling his hands once again as she squeezed them between her own palms and her chest.

He felt the blood rush up to his cheeks as she did that, making him remind himself how she wasn't aware of what she was doing since she was asleep.

He took a deep breath to calm himself, focusing instead on thinking about the past few days of the mission. They had collected a good amount of data on the whereabouts of Muzan's previous 'family' and had also managed to get some information about potential demon-infested places.

What surprised him the most was that she had somehow managed to convince the police in giving up any records on possible slayers too— which, unsurprisingly, included his own. She had yet to get the papers in her hands, but her persistence for the whole matter convinced him that she soon will.

All this made him wonder how long she was actually doing this all for. Was it really only four years as she claimed, or was it more? As Giyuu peered at her soft sleeping face, he found himself not exactly caring about the answer either way.

It wasn't like Miyasha was out to harm anyone— in fact, she was helping the corporation more than anything. She didn't seem like the person to betray anyone. She was very kind and understanding too; never pushing him to talk or making jabs at him or poking him to get her answers.

Unlike Kocho.
A tired expression formed on his face at his own thought, wondering how bad it was that she was the only female he had any proper interaction with— except Miyasha now, of course.

He noticed in his peripheral how the owl had now neared her master's futon and now was looking at him with a tilted head.

Giyuu sighed lightly as he reasoned with himself— Kocho was technically the only female he had the most missions with; and even though Kanroji was there too, he never did interact with her much either. Though, he wished that wasn't the case.

Giyuu shook his head as he remembered some of Kocho's antics, making him feel tired all of a sudden as he recounted all her jabs and remarks.

Though... was she really speaking the truth when she said people hated him?

It confused him a lot when she told him that; he was a simple man and he had never really did anything bad to anyone, then why would people hate him so? Was it because he was not a good slayer? If yes, then they were right to—

"Hoo-Hoo!"
Giyuu was jolted out of his thoughts as the snow-owl landed on his left arm; the small creature looking at him with his orange eyes as it hoot-ed at him.

"Hoo-Hoo!" The Kasugai blinked twice and tilted its head, as if asking what he was doing here.

Confused on what to do — especially since he was not that good with animals in the first place — he simply nodded towards the only sleeping figure in the room. The owl looked towards her master, and strangely nodded back before snuggling down in the area between him and Miyasha.

Like master, like pet, Giyuu thought as the nocturnal creature snuggled to her master and hoot-ed to her, as if in reassurance.

If there was one thing he had learned about Miyasha in this weeklong mission, it was that she was a very understanding person and very oddly observant when it came to people around her.