The Morning

The loud beeping of your alarm echoed in your ears as you dreamed on.

Beep... beep.. beep... 

"AW, SHIT!!"

You woke with a start, folding your body upwards with immense speed. The sheets fell down off your chest and gathered at your waist with this motion. You groaned and grabbed your head, not the best idea. You hastily checked your digital clock for the time, praying the result would be in your favor.

7:40 AM, you could work with that.

Today was your first day at UA, and you definitely didn't want to mess it up... for various reasons. This was your last chance to escape your old life, to start over, to lead a semi-normal life, and you had no intention of botching it. 

You pushed your sheets down past your knees, curling your legs upwards and swinging to the side of the bed. You placed your bare feet on the wooden floor, hissing at the coldness. You stood and walked to your bathroom and looked in the mirror.

Fuck.

You stared at your reflection, your mangled mane framing your face. Your (h/c) hair was sticking up in every direction, tangled to no end. You rolled your eyes and walked over to start your shower, it hissed to life with a quick turn of the nob. 

Pulling the shower curtain closed and beginning to undress, you thought deeply about what the other UA students would think of you. You didn't think you would care about what they thought, but nevertheless, you did. Even though it was your first day, everyone else had already been there awhile. They had already gotten the chance to get acquainted, but you didn't have that luxury. Your first impression would haunt you for the rest of your time at UA. You would not allow yourself to make any mistakes today, you wouldn't mess this up.

It was your last chance.

───※ ·❀· ※───

Stepping out of the bathroom with your hair done up in a towel, you traveled to your desk where you pulled out a small plastic container of pills. The name, (f/n) (l/n), was written in black right on the orange bottle. You scrunched your nose in disgust as you fumbled to unscrew the top. You hated taking them. You placed 2 small red pills on your tongue and washed them down with your left over soda from last night. You cringed when you realized that it was now warm.

"(f/n)!" You heard your mother call from the kitchen downstairs. "I made you some breakfast, you have to hurry if you wanna make it to school on time!"

Your mother's voice awoke you from your trance as you checked the time once more.

8:00 AM.

Shit.

You scrambled to find your UA uniform as you slipped it on. You had to admit, it was not your favorite to wear. It was slightly scratchy and the colors were not very appealing, but of course, you wore it anyways. No mistakes today. 

You walked back to the bathroom to tame your hair and add some light makeup. Your hair seemed to be cooperating today as you brushed your (straight/curly) (h/c) locks downwards. You quickly tapped some concealer under your eyes to hide your dark circles, you didn't want it to be obvious that you had only slept a few hours last night. But how could you sleep? Your mind was racing all night long. You finished blinking on some mascara, and decided your look was complete.

Leaning back from the mirror, you stared straight into your own (e/c) eyes.

You were ready.

At least that's what you told yourself.