Chapter 1: Bully

Y/N's POV

It's my third year of high school and the only thing people are talking about is Mystery Incorporated. Usually, nobody would talk about them, and I mean absolutely nobody, except me and my bestie that is. So when they announced that they were looking for a sixth member, I couldn't believe it, I was so excited that I couldn't concentrate all day.

"Y/N! Y/N! Behind you!" I heard my name being called and turn around to see who it is, of course, I already know though.

"Hey Jennie, what's up?" I ask her.

Jennie is the best friend I've ever had, we've known each other since we were three years old, we're both 14 now and if you ask me, our connection has grown even stronger.

We make our way to the sign-up booth for the new member tryouts and sign our names on the piece of paper, then head over to our lockers.

As I'm opening my locker it gets slammed shut in my face with someone coming in front of me with arms crossed.

"Look who we have here. We saw you, little idiots, sign up and we just wanted to tell you that you're both going to fail." I look up to stare Caleb right in the eye.

Caleb is the school bully and he's determined to make my life a living nightmare.

"Move out of the way Caleb." I glare at him, not breaking eye contact.

"Or what? You gonna go be a taddle tail? Are you gonna hurt me? Oh no, I'm so scared." Sarcasm, typical.

I groan, "Move. Now." 

The bell rings yet he still stands there. I'm about to just stuff it and go to class without my books when I spot a teacher in my peripherals, so I ask him again, but louder, so they will hear me.

"Caleb please move, I need to get my books." I stay put.

"What's going on here?" Mr Pierson asks.

"Caleb won't move from in front of my locker, as usual." I mutter the last part under my breath so he doesn't hear me. 

"Caleb you have done this far too many times now, go to the office immediately." He says sternly with a serious look on his usually cheery face.

"Thank you, Mr Pierson." I say 

"Anytime," He replies, the smile returning to his face, "If he causes any more trouble for you just let me know." 

I nod my head in response and begin walking to class with Jennie by my side.