Chapter 1

It started when they were eight. They met because of the resistance. Halia's kingdom had been conquered leaving her a lost princess. That was one thing Ben could relate to, for he himself was a lost prince.

They instantly clicked. You couldn't find one without the other. Their daily schedule consisted of them running around the resistance bases with various figurines. It became even better when Ben started growing stronger in the force. Halia loved it when he made the X-Wing and TIE fighters fly.

Ben remembers their first meeting very vividly. Almost as if it happened just a mere hour ago. It all started on the planet of Arda-1. She had just arrived from her planet, her kingdom, Arkania. She was overwhelmed with sadness, having witnessed her home invaded and destroyed. To Ben she looked beautiful even with the slightly dirtied clothes, tear stained cheeks, and ragged appearance. Halia, exhausted and unfocused, took almost immediate notice of the tall, lanky child with beauty marks.

Only a few trusted people were informed on what actually happened in Arkania. Ben's family being one of them. Leia being the leader of the resistance knew something was brewing in the shadows. Something was rising from the ashes of the Empire. The destruction of Arkania proved that it had been overthrown by the beginnings of the First Order. At the time it was an unknown organization. No one knew what was to come of the First Order at that time.

It did not matter to the two eight-year old children at the time. They were kids after all with the only thing they needed to worry about at the time was which toy they should play with. For a while that was all they worried about, but then Ben's talent in the force was brought forth. His parents wanted him to get proper training. In order for that to happen he would need to be sent to his Uncle, Luke Skywalker. The children were excited of course, Ben since he had the force and Halia was happy for him. They were less happy hearing he would need to be sent away.

On the day Ben was leaving, he promised Halia he would visit her every chance he got. For the years to come he kept that promise.