Chapter 5: The Full Moon (and Halloween)

Начните с самого начала

They had just entered the common room when she asked that question and the Marauders all froze up. Tomorrow night was the full moon, so Remus definitely wouldn't be able to be there. And despite not being able to join Remus just yet, the other boys didn't like doing anything on the night of the full moon. They used the time to do more research on becoming animagi without anyone knowing about it. They still hadn't figured out how to do it without anyone knowing just yet. They thought Jasmine might be able to help, but Remus didn't want to tell Jasmine his secret. So, the Marauders resigned to just try and figure it out themselves.

It had been several minutes of silence between the five of them. The boys were still standing by the entrance of the common room frozen. Jasmine initially didn't notice, but when she didn't get a response right away, she turned around to see them frozen in place. To bring them out of their shock, Jasmine shook each of them, which scared the shit out of them.

After they were unfrozen, Jasmine dragged them over to the seats that were empty around the fireplace. They sat down and Jasmine spoke first, "So, what was that all about? I asked if you wanted to hear my prank idea tomorrow night and you all just froze up. You did this last month too around this same time."

That last statement almost sent them all into shock again. Luckily, Sirius was able to keep himself together. "It's just we have something that we do together, just us guys. So, we can't hang out tomorrow night." Then Sirius dragged the boys up to the dorm before Jasmine could protest that his excuse didn't explain why they froze up. Jasmine just shrugged, though. She would interrogate them more in the morning at breakfast.

Unfortunately, Jasmine didn't get the chance to interrogate any of them. She couldn't because she had previously promised to have breakfast with Lily. When she had finished eating with Lily, Jaz went over to the boys, but they saw her coming and left. The rest of the day they avoided her, which led to her having to sit next to Lily for her Monday classes.

It really pissed Jasmine off to know that the boys were hiding something from her. It also pissed her off that they felt the need to avoid her the entire day just to avoid questions. She used her anger to try and figure out what was going on. There was no way that they were just having a boy's night. They wouldn't have been avoiding her if it were just that. So, that night, Jasmine went to the library with the cover that she was doing homework, but in reality, she was going to do research.

The first thing Jasmine did when she got to the library and check to see if anything significant happened around this time last month. She found out that last month on the 20th as well there was a full moon. She checked to see if there was a full moon tonight. Seeing that, Jasmine thinks about something that the boys could be hiding dealing with the full moon. Then she remembers a lesson that she had back at Beauxbatons about werewolves. She realizes that one of them is a werewolf, but she isn't sure which one of them it is. She looks for some books about werewolves, and she finds a book that discusses the symptoms or signs of a werewolf. She checks out the book and takes it back to Gryffindor tower.

The next morning, Jasmine walks down to the common with Lily. She happens to see the Marauders. She notices Remus first. He looks terrible, almost like he didn't get any sleep last night. Then it dawns on Jasmine that Remus is the werewolf. 'Poor Remus. He doesn't deserve this.' Jasmine thought. 'I can see why he wouldn't want to tell me. I don't really care that he is a werewolf, though. It isn't his fault. Plus, he is still Remus, nothing is going to change that.'

Jasmine doesn't get a chance to confront the Marauders until after her last class of the day, which was before dinner. She finds all four of them sitting in the corner of the common room discussing something. She walks right up to them, but they were so absorbed in their conversation they didn't see her coming.