𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟔

Mulai dari awal

    "Have you thought of a song to cover?" Zoe asks as she enters my dressing room, completely oblivious to what has happened the past 2 hours. I nod, and she cocks her head to the side, waiting for my response.

    "Not Like the Movies, it's Katy Perry's song. Could you ask them to wheel out a piano, and I won't need the band, I'll take the stage solo." I answer, and her brows furrow.

    "What's gone on? What happened?" She asks, worry instantly filling her features. I just shook my head, not wanting to answer because once I do then it would just make it real. I spent the rest of hair and make up thinking it was just a dream, and I was just imagining things.

    "Alright, I'll tell the band." Zoe squeezes my shoulder, smiling softly at me before she leaves my dressing room.

    "Zoe! Where's McKenna?" Harry's voice echoed the halls and it made it's way to my dressing room, I looked at the mirror to notice Zoe had left the door slightly open.

    "In there." Zoe answers, and soon the door opens and Harry enters my dressing room, a bright grin on his face. "There's my angel, you look beautiful tonight."

    He pulled me from my chair, like he always has, spinning me around to take a good look at my outfit. We were matching again. I force out a smile, he doesn't know I saw them.

    He has no idea I had found out, how long is he going to keep this up?

    "You ready?" He asks, placing his hands on my arms, and rubbing up and down to ease my nerves. I wasn't nervous, not at all. I was numb. I just nod, and he takes my hand, intertwining our fingers and we walk to the side of the stage.

    The crowd was screaming as the lights go down, the lights on the stage illuminating my band.

    "You'll do great, angel." Harry wraps me in a hug, placing a kiss on the top of my head, I was trying not to let the tears fall, he doesn't deserve to see me break for what he did. He doesn't even know I know.

    "Now, good luck kiss." Harry smiles, leaning to place a kiss on my lips, but I turn my head in an instant, making his lips land on my cheek. I turn back to him, his brows furrowed, but I force a smile, and his confusion is washed away by my smile.

    I walk on stage, the crowd's screams growing wilder as I position myself before the mic stand.

    Dylan starts playing the intro to Lie to Me, and I closed my eyes, pushing the tears back and forcing myself not to cry.

    It was hard not to cry, ring in the fact that this song actually explains what I feel right now.

Now I wish we never met
You are too hard to forget
I was cleaning up your mess
You were taking off her dress

I know that you don't
but if I ask you if you love me
I hope you lie to me

    The lyric change wasn't subtle at all, and my eyes quickly glance to the side stage seeing Harry's confused face.

    The whole set was fairly difficult for me to keep my tears at bay, but this last song, the cover of Not Like the Movies will surely make me release those tears.

    I had asked Zoe before Harry had walked in, for them to wheel in a piano, letting Jace, Alice and Dylan leave the stage since I won't be needing them anyway.

    I start playing the soft keys of the song, "This song is actually one of my favorite songs by Ms. Katy Perry, I had a grand time tonight Paris! Tu es belle Paris! J'aime chacun de vous!"

He put it on me, I put it on
Like there was nothing wrong
It didn't fit, it wasn't right
Wasn't just the size
They say you know, when you know
Well I don't know

I didn't feel the fairytale feeling, no
Am I a stupid girl, for even dreaming that I could?
If it's not like the movies
That's how it should be, yeah
When he's the one, I'll come undone
My world will stop spinning,
and that's just the beginning.

    I choked back a sob, I couldn't help it anymore, tears were streaming down my face, and I'm sure everyone can see that.

It's a crazy idea that you were made perfectly for me
You'll see
Just like the movies
That's how it could be
Cinematic and dramatic
with a perfect ending

But it's not like the movies
That's how it will be
When he's the one, you'll come undone
And your world will stop spinning
And it's just the beginning.

    I finish the song, gulping as I try to silence my cries. The audience cheers, and I smile, turning back and wping my tears, hopefully going unnoticed.

    I stand from the piano bench, taking a bow, and quickly exiting the stage.

    "Hey, woah, what was that?" Harry asks as soon as I meet him, hand going around my arm but I tug it away softly, shaking my head.

    "I'm heading back to the hotel." I answer quietly, and not looking for his response, I leave his presence immediately.

    I didn't bother telling anyone else, except Zoe since I needed her hotel key. If he thinks I'm going to be within 5 feet from him he is wrong. I don't want to get hurt by Harry Styles anymore, I'm done being played around.

    But you weren't played weren't you? You both agreed you'd take things slow, maybe he just got tired of how slow it's getting. My subconscious speaks, and maybe. Maybe he just got tired of me.

    I spent the entire night wallowing in self-pity, and mostly writing. This is the most I've written in my whole life. I contemplated on whether or not I should go home, and cut this tour short, but I've only done 2 shows, it's not fair to the fans if I cut it short. Maybe I could just do Europe, then let him find another act for his US and Asia tour, yeah that could do.

    I need to focus on myself, and only myself.

----

eep looks like trouble in KeRry land :<

Hey guys! Sorry it took so long for me to update, I haven't been feeling well, mentally the last few days. School is draining, plus I've got a lot of personal shit to add on top of that, so I'm really sorry for the long update :(

I hope you guys are still enjoying the story so far! Don't hate me for this chapter :< it needed to be done for the story to progress hihi

I'm cooking up a new book that I'm going to be posting as soon as I finish this! I hope you guys still continue to support me and my other books :<

Also, you guys 12k reads? I'm literally soft thank you so much 🥺 When I had first had the idea for Scandal, I didn't really think it would get a lot of reads since I don't have that many followers, but I'm wracking my brain as to how I've managed to reach 12k reads, you guys are honestly insane I love you :<

All my love,
Savannah x