Chapter 17: The Realization

Start from the beginning

"Not until you answer my question honestly!" He was struggling to keep my hands still. What question!? I don't know what he's talking about. Didn't I already answered them?

"I already told you, I'm not scared of you!" I shouted; still trying to set myself free from his embrace.

"Not that." I raised my eyebrow. What is he talking about then? I already answer all of his questions. What more is he asking for?!

"Then what? Look, if you're asking me why I'm running awa-" He cuts me off immediately.

"Do you like me? This time you'll have to be honest." He presses his hands on my back; it was gentle; Its as if he really wanted to know. My eyes widened and I completely lose control of myself. This boy, just doesn't know when to stop. I slightly smiled and laied my hand on his back. He's always there for me; he's always there to listen to me. Jayden, why are you so perfect? He was still and I can feel him fidgeting. Aww, that's kind of cute. For a popular guy, he can be quite shy, but that's a good thing because it comes to show that he is human.

"Emily, I-If you don't like me that way..." He's hesitating. What's going on with him today? He seems so out of place and overdramatic. Who knew guys can be overdramatic?! The one he should be calling unique is him.

"Then what?" I couldn't help but smile. Why am I smiling? He's not saying he likes me, so why do I feel so happy? I'm one weird girl. I mentally shake my head. Get a grip, Emily! He'll never like you that way!

"Are you dating that guy?" He releases me from his arms and stares into my eyes. What?! Who would want to go out with me? Um, Chris?! Oh yeah, Chris.. How can I forget about Chris?! Its probably because I got too caught up in the moment. Yeah, that must be it.

"You mean Chris?" I raised my eyebrow and he cocked his head. I guess he doesn't know who I'm talking about. Let me make it more specific for him.

"The guy who told me you had nasty rumors going around?" I said. I'm sorry, i just had to say it. Well, it's clear enough for him right? I mean, how can you forget someone like that? Chris is unforgettable! His cheeks immediately turned light pink. Yeah, its Chris.

"Y-Yeah. About that, I seriously don't know where they get all those rumors from, but don't listen to them. I'm not a player." He clarified to me. I raised my eyebrow. So there's rumors about him playing with girls?! Now that's just suspicious and yet I thought he was nice and shy! How dare he play with a girl's heart!

"How can I be so sure?" My eyes threw daggers at him and his mouth slightly opened but he instantly closed it. That's very suspicious! I can't believe he'll do something like that!

"Look, are you dating him or not?" he asked. I scoffed. No offense to Chris, but we seriously have nothing going on anymore. We're just friends and I'm happy that way. I wonder why he's asking. Is he jealous?!

"No, why are you jealous?" I said; hoping he'll say yes. His eyes immediately widened. Ha, just like I thought! He is jealous! Caught him red handed! HaH-

"You're jealous of me and Abby, aren't you?" He smirked. Okay, did not see that coming. Should have known; he's too stubborn to admit anything.

"Don't change the subject!" I pointed him out, but he sticks out his tongue at me. Wow. That's actually my first time seeing him stick out his tongue. I really am rubbing off on him. Why do I feel a little creeped out?

"Answer me first." he said. I grunted and he just laughed. Why won't he give this a break? Seriously, he's so ... I can't think of the word right now but it'll come. It'll come

"Fine I was, okay!?" i rolled my eyes. Hold up! Did I just said I was jealous? I looked up to see him smirked creepily. Okay, I'll take that as a yes... Dammit! I have a big mouth! Someone should just pin my mouth shut and keep it closed for the rest of my life, because who knows what comes out of my big mouth.