The Six Year Benchmark

Start from the beginning

"we can have a big party for everything next month," Ra's offered.

Alex sighed with an overdramatic pout, "fine."

"I'm only 22 anyway, that's not a milestone, I don't care," Dick said.

"beside the point," Alex huffed.

"If you're quite done," Duvall said, leaning over his shoulder from the pilot's seat, "we're about to start landing."

"Thank you, Duvall," Thalia said, "sit down you two, even Slade's in a chair."

Alex made a face.

"I'm good," Dick said, swapping hands on the hanging grip, "gonna stand while I'm young enough."

Ra's grunted, "enjoy it while it lasts, my boy."

"says the immortal assassin king," Alex grinned.

"I don't understand, just sit down," Thalia sighed.

"it's a matter of pride," Alex defended.

"pride? I- what?"

At that point Slade decided to stand as well. Thalia looked on like a character from the Office.

"see? Pride." Alex snickered.

"I give up on all of you."

"okay everyone, starting to set down now," Duvall sung out.

Turbulence shot through the aircraft, the standing guards tightened their grips while Thalia and Ra's leaned back in their seats. They weren't in the usual fancy jet this time, instead going for the military-esque armoured aircraft. No chances would be taken when flying in an area where they could be attacked.

Especially with the league suddenly hotter on their tail than ever.

They landed and the door and ramp was opened, the guards each took to Ra's and Thalia's sides as they walked out. This meeting was the first to be hosted by Black Manta, Dick was interested in how it would go.

And they'd heard that Manta had a new number 2. A right-hand-man who was Manta's most trusted lieutenant- or rather Admiral, considering their location. No one knew who it was, when they'd shown up or why Manta was so trusting.

The group walked out onto the tarmac, the landing pad was enclosed with giant walls and tall ceilings. Their welcoming party were clad in Manta's usual garb and marched them along. Manta definitely ran things differently to Queen Bee and her aristocracy.

Once exiting the landing pad they found themselves in halls with glass along one side, looking out on the sea. Dick listened to what their chauffers were saying.

"that's the last of them, everyone accounted for, submerge may begin."

Submerge?

Oh, no way.

There was continued chatter and it seemed that things were being said along the line, then a siren wailed for a few seconds and the intercoms crackled.

"all personnel enter the craft, submerge will begin in five minutes."

Ra's looked over to Slade, "submerge?" he asked, voice sounding like a warning. An answer would be required or there'd be hell to pay.

"this wasn't in any of our info," Slade muttered to Ra's.

"the base is fully transportable," one of Manta's men piped up, "and is designed as a submarine, capable of connecting to our other ships to create a small under water system of ships."