"Donghua, stop moving! Fengjiu was angry. The maids watched their angry mistress with wide eyes. They have never seen her get angry. Their mistress was the most good-natured person they knew. She was actually angry at her husband!

Fengjiu could feel her rapid heartbeats, betraying her nervousness. She slowly unrolled his inner sleeve, revealing a blood soaked gauze underneath. It was caused by a demon sword, slowing down Donghua's healing. The wound on his arm was very deep.  It was wrapped in many layers of gauze, probably to prevent her from sensing anything. Donghua probably forgot because of his blood loss, but I'm a fox! With fox senses! No matter how much he tries, he can't hide something like this from me!

Fengjiu unwrapped the gauze revealing his bleeding wound and asked anxiously, "Donghua, does it hurt?" Donghua immediately shook his head before trying to wrap the gauze around his wound again, "No it doesn-" but Fengjiu stopped him.

Tears gathered in Fengjiu's eyes as she looked at his wound. She turned to the maids, "Go call Zheyan." The maid bowed quickly and left. Fengjiu took out the medicine she had prepared and looked at him accusingly, "You lied to me..."

Donghua quickly raised his uninjured arm and wiped the tears from Fengjiu's eyes. "It's really not a big-" With her tears slowly falling, Fengjiu made him sit and applied medicine to his wound gently. "No injury of yours is small to me. You dare to say this is a scratch?"

Donghua looked at his wife who looked like she was about to break into sobs helplessly. He wiped away her tears again, "It' really not that bad. I just wanted to let them know that they can't provoke me no matter what they do."

"Are you alright? They used a demon sword. Your wound is not yet healing," Fengjiu asked anxiously. "I'm fine," Donghua stroked her hair softly as he whispered to her, "Look, do I look like I'm not okay?"

Fengjiu looked at him and shook her head. He truly did look fine. His face wasn't even pale. She continued cleaning his wound before carefully wrapping it in gauze. She wrapped her arms around his waist and pressed a kiss to his heart. Donghua smiled as he caressed his wife's hair. 

Ah, the best medicine is truly my wife. 

*****

Liansong sat in front of Fengjiu in Donghua's study as they played a game of go. Donghua was nowhere to be seen. Si Ming looked at the scene confused. Her Higness Fengjiu was already far into her pregnancy, almost giving birth. There was absolutely no way Donghua would leave her side and if he did, he'd never leave Liansong to guard her. He drew closer to listen to their conversation and found himself astonished at what he heard.

"Tell me, how do I convince Cheng Yu that I like her?" Liansong asked desperately forgetting about his move. Fengjiu was focusing on the board with a thoughtful expression. "Why are you asking me? Aren't you supposed to be the love expert?" She finally made her move as Liansong groaned in frustration. "None of my advances work on her." He finally admitted. He didn't even look when he made his move. Fengjiu gave him a doubtful glance before making her move again. "Why do you think my advice will work then?"

Liansong moved a piece as he looked at her eagerly. "You were able to woo the ice-cold Donghua! Isn't Cheng Yu the same?" Fengjiu snorted before placing her last piece on the board. "I win! You owe me a favor now!" Si Ming watched Liansong keep himself from throwing the go pieces at Donghua's wife. "I chased him around, telling him how I feel." Fengjiu admitted, but Liansong was not satisfied. "I've also done that! What else did you do?"

Fengjiu looked at him blankly. "That's all..." Liansong was already shaking his head. "You wooed Donghua and now he follows you around like a puppy!" Fengjiu shook her head angrily. "What do you mean? Donghua is not a dog! How dare you say something like that about my husband? I'm not playing anymore!" Si Ming watched the very pregnant Empress huff and walk away. Liansong chased after her. "Fengjiu! Is what I said wrong? Tell me, where is Donghua right now?" Si Ming listened, also curious. Fengjiu crossed her arms and looked away. "He's in Qingqiu!"

Liansong snorted. "Why?" Fengjiu finally looked a bit defeated as she looked down at the floor. "He's.... He's..." Liansong was annoyed so he snapped, "He's what?" Fengjiu glared at him before stomping her foot, "He's getting me flowers from my garden!" Si Ming choked at her answer. Liansong looked at her impatiently. "Why is he going all the way there for flowers?"

Fengjiu finally felt guilty. "Because I said that I missed my flowers and he forbid me from travelling because I'm pregnant. He said he'll bring me the flowers himself." She said sulkily. Liansong rolled his eyes, "See? He's like a puppy!" This made Fengjiu angry, so she smacked Liansong in the head. Before Liansong could retaliate, Donghua was already walking in holding a flowerpot filled with colorful flowers.

Fengjiu ran to hug him with teary eyes. Donghua's happy expression instantly turned murderous as he glared at Liansong. He hugged his crying wife and asked her gently, "What happened?" Fengjiu wiped her tears and buried her head in his chest. "Liansong is bullying me because he can't make Cheng Yu fall in love with him." Fengjiu cried. Donghua looked at Liansong with a death stare. "You bullied my wife?" Liansong was already turning around and running away. "Fengjiu you better have better advice next time!" He called before disappearing from their sight.

Si Ming could only laugh up his sleeve as he watched the former Heavenly Lord comfort his wife with a pot of flowers.

Author's Note: Hello everyone~ It seems the popular opinion from the poll yesterday is an ELOD DongFeng Fanfic that takes place after the events in Fanyin Valley! I will start working on that as soon as I can :D Also I'm starting a countdown for the release of the last chapter!

4 CHAPTERS TO GO!

Also hehehe poor Liansong ;) As always, thank you sosososo much for all your support. I love you all! Stay safe and healthy <3 

P.S. Fengjiu is literally so freaking cute!

 Fengjiu is literally so freaking cute!

-Yunxi