Chspter 17: The Jokes on You

Bắt đầu từ đầu

     "Can you die a little quieter?" I spat as I stepped over a screaming goon's dying body.

     I quietly made my way back to the hallway where I originally found Harley tied up. I moved as slowly as possible, trying to listen for footsteps. I couldn't hear anything. I peered into a room that was dark, but I could hear muffled whispers. I carefully took a step towards the entrance when a crowbar slammed into my forehead, knocking me unconscious.

     When I awoke, I was tied down to a hospital bed, unable to move my arms or legs. I craned my neck as far up as I could, examining the room. I could tell I was still in the warehouse, just in a different room. There were sharp scissors and scalpels and other medical equipment scattered on a tray next to my bed. I squirmed, trying to break free of the restraints. They didn't budge. I couldn't feel my seeds in my pocket, so they must have either fallen out or the goons took them. I breathed heavily in panic as I stared up at the ceiling, trying to avoid staring into the blinding light shining down on my face.

     "Well,well,well. If it isn't our little patient. I know you're used to being on the opposite side of experiments, Dr.Isley, but I have a much better idea today." A familiar voice called out from the corner of the room as he added sarcasm to my field name.

     "Joker." I said with a threatening tone. "You think you can just get away with hurting my girl?! With doing....THAT...with my girl?!"

     "Oh, I think I already have. And I clearly am still getting my way seen as you showed up." Joker chuckled to himself.

     "What do you mean?" I asked getting impatient by his vagueness.

     "Oh don't you see, Pammy-Pooh? You have done EXACTLY what I wanted you to do." Joker smiled, stepping into the light. "It was a simple plan really. I kidnap your girlfriend, screw with her mind a bit, and then her knight in green armor would come seeking revenge. Oh, but don't worry, my little flower. That body of yours won't go to waste. I have a special plan for you."

     "What do you want from me? Because I swear if you touch anywhere near my personal parts, I will dick punch you so hard that you'll loose all feeling the moment I am out of these restraints." I threatened as I remembered what happened to Harley.

     "Oh, please. Don't flatter yourself. Harley was actually hot. You, on the other hand, could use some surgery. Lucky for you, I have just the perfect idea. I will carve into that smooth green skin of yours and start transferring those toxins inside of you into that tube. Once it's complete, I will add it to my joker toxin, making it fully effective....even to plant freaks like you." Joker laughed as he reached for the scalpel.

     I thrusted my body around, trying to get free of the restraints. No luck; I was trapped. Joker held the scalpel to my face. He was just about to break the skin when a figure with a baseball bat swung at him from behind, knocking him to the floor. The mystery figure continued to hit Joker's unconscious body until it ran out of strength. Stepping into the light to cut me loose, the figure was revealed to be none other than Harley. I smiled, realizing just how much of a badass my girl was.

     "Come on. We have to get out of here." Harley demanded as she grabbed my wrist and led me towards a warehouse exit.

     Just before we left the building, we were surrounded by a group of 5 goons that were slowly cornering us. I looked at Harley and she nodded in approval. Great minds think alike.

     I called for my babies outside and roots exploded through the floor and grabbed their ankles and twisted them until they broke in half. The goons cried out in pain. Unable to move, Harley used the goons as a punching bag for her bat as she swung until they were all busted up and dead. Just when things were getting fun, Harley grabbed me by my arm and led me outside. We drove all the way home without a single word to each other.

     "What were you thinking?!" Harley yelled as soon as we entered the house. She stood with her arms crossed and her foot tapping, waiting for me to respond.

     "I just wanted to hurt Joker like he hurt you." I responded, now realizing how stupid the whole thing was.

     "Oh, so that's what's going on here. I cry in front of you twice and you think I'm some damsel that needs saving?!" Harley demanded.

     "No, I never said that." I said, getting defensive.

     "No, but you sure as hell thought it, didn't you?! Well guess what, I don't need saving. I don't need any of this added stress right now. I have enough to deal with." Harley screamed as she started to storm off.

     "You have a lot to deal with? What exactly do you have to deal with, Harl?! You don't do anything but mope around all day and leave dirty dishes. Please inform me; what exactly do you have to deal with that's just so bad?" I yelled back to her.

     "I'm pregnant!"