Donghua looked at her and finally nodded. Fengjiu bent down to press a kiss to his head. "I'll be right back. Donghua, don't worry." Donghua watched her go to the kitchen and come back with a tray in her hands. She set the food on the table as she prepared to sit beside him, but he pulled her to sit on his lap.

Fengjiu stared at the side of his face before pressing a sweet kiss to his cheek. She let him hold her as she fed him small bits of fish. Donghua also fed her with his chopsticks making her smile in glee. When they were finished, Donghua abruptly stood up, pulling Fengjiu into a princess carry. "Donghua where are we going?" Fengjiu asked as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

Donghua pressed a kiss to her hair, "You'll see. Close your eyes."

Fengjiu did as she was told as Donghua carried her to wherever he was taking her. Fengjiu felt a soft cloth underneath her as Donghua set her down. "Open your eyes," He whispered to her ear before Fengjiu opened her eyes. They were sitting on a blanket in front of the bamboo house she had asked him to build surrounded by countless peach blossom trees.

Donghua pulled her to his arms as they laid on the blanket. "Jiu'er do you know? It was my illusion of you who asked me to build this bamboo house. Whenever I wanted to die, you would appear before me and make me do some complicated task. I thought I was going crazy, but I'm thankful I hallucinated. If I didn't see you back then, I wouldn't be alive to see you come back to me," He said softly.

Fengjiu looked at him and grinned, "Who said you were hallucinating?" Donghua's hand froze on her waist when her words sunk in. "It was really you?" He asked, shocked. Fengjiu giggled, "Donghua, I couldn't come to you because I wasn't fully healed yet, but Lady Nuwa allowed me to appear to you as a spirit... Whenever you thought of doing something... crazy!" Donghua closed his eyes to bask in the beautiful sound of her bright giggles. "Jiu'er, I missed your laugh a lot."

Fengjiu suddenly felt like she was the one dreaming. Donghua is saying sweet words to me. Donghua loves me. I love him. We're married. Suddenly she leaned on her side with her head resting on Donghua's chest. "Donghua... We need to talk." Donghua's arms tightened at her words. He met her eyes and sighed.

"There's nothing to talk about. I don't care about that rock. I don't care about fate. I'll stay by your side forever."

Fengjiu's eyes twinkled at his words. Donghua means he would stay with me even if we weren't fated? How I have longed to hear those words. Fengjiu was about to speak but Donghua was already opening his mouth again. "Jiu'er I already lost you once. I'm not going to lose you again because of some rock. The world can go in chaos, I don't care anymore. Fate can go and handle it. We can just stay here forever. If you're worried about your family, I can offer them refuge here when the chaos begins."

Fengjiu buried her head on his chest and hid her smile. Donghua was worried about her reaction, why wasn't she looking at him? Did she regret it? Does she not want to be with me anymore? Donghua tried not to show the panic he felt on his face. Fengjiu looked up at him with a blank expression. "You would go against fate for me?" Donghua didn't understand her expression, so he tightened his arms around her, preventing her from escaping. "I would go against the world if it meant staying by your side. I'm sorry it took so long for me to realize." Donghua murmured. Fengjiu's heart started beating wildly in her chest.

Fengjiu looked at him curiously and asked, "Why?" Donghua looked at her taken aback. "Why? What do you mean?" He asked slowly as if not comprehending her question. "Why would you go against the world for my sake? Why do you want to stay by my side?" Fengjiu asked patiently. Donghua stared at her with furrowed brows.

"Jiu'er," His voice was gentle.

"Yes?" She hid her smile as she buried her head on his chest.

"..." Donghua didn't speak.

"Mm?" Fengjiu urged. She felt like he had something to say to her.

"Jiu'er..." His voice was soft enough to make her heart melt.

"Yes?" She asked again, filled with anticipation.

"..." He remained silent again. Fengjiu looked up at him. "What?"

"I... love you. I love you very much." He suddenly said as he looked at her bright eyes.

"What?" Donghua chuckled a bit before turning his head away, not answering her. He was embarrassed.

Fengjiu narrowed her eyes. "Donghua I didn't hear you! What did you say?"

Donghua avoided her gaze but he held her tightly when she started to struggle in his arms.

"Donghua are you saying it, or not?" He smiled at her wordlessly and brushed her hair back.

Fengjiu had enough and beckoned him to come closer with her finger. Donghua obeyed and brought his face closer to hers. She suddenly pressed a soft kiss to his lips and looked at him in the eye. "Donghua, I really love you! I love you! I love you very much!"

Donghua was shocked by her outburst, but then his face broke out into a large grin as he brought his face to her ear. "Jiu'er, I love you."

"Again!" Fengjiu whined as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

Donghua drew closer once more, "I love you very much." Fengjiu giggled happily as Donghua repeatedly confessed his love to her ear.

If the whole world found out that the cold and indifferent deity, Donghua Dijun, could confess his love in such a way, how would they react? 

Author's Note: Hehe that's it for my second release today! I'm sorry to say I'll be releasing once a day or every other day starting from today

Author's Note: Hehe that's it for my second release today! I'm sorry to say I'll be releasing once a day or every other day starting from today... I was able to spoil you guys with releases because I had quite a few stockpiled, but now that I have school, I have to save the chapters I have to be able to release them as I write new chapters. Thank you so much for your support <3 I love you all! Stay safe <3

-Yunxi