21

"This is Noah and Ben," he says as the two guys come over, "and this is....."

"Olivia," she says as she walks over to you and holds out her hand for a handshake.

Even though it was only a matter of seconds you catch Ryder looking down at her hand and up at her before he swiftly walks in between the two of you, grabbing your hand and leading you to the kitchen.

"You must be hungry! Here let me make you some food," he offers.

"Sure I could eat," you smile at his kind gesture.

The other 3 sit and convene on the sofas, it seemed like they didn't want much to do with you. You caught Olivia looking over at you a few times, trying to figure you out.

You sit and eat with Ryder just like you did a few months ago it seemed so surreal.

"I wonder how well she can fight?"

"I doubt shes any good, look at her"

"I bet Karpov puts her through the ringer"

The two guys whisper and laugh to each other. "Hey, don't worry about those two," Ryder comforts, "i know you'll do just fine," he smiles.

You smile back at his kind words, "who's Karpov?, i never heard anyone mention him at the old facility," you ask quietly.

"He's our mentor."

Just as Ryder tells you this a man dressed in an army uniform strode into the room with Strucker closely behind. Ryder and the others stood from where they were seated and saluted. You cautiously get up from your seat as he makes his way over to you, giving you the once over, "so this is the new recruit? Hmmm a bit (small/tall) but we can work with it, she doesn't look like much but we will find out shortly what she can do," his thick Russian accent talked about you as if you wernt even in the room.
He looks around at the others, "let us see how you fair against Olivia."

"No," Ryder says in outburst. Karpov looks at him sternly.
"Sorry sir but I don't think Oilvia would be much of a match for (y/n)."

Olivia furrowed her brows in anger.

Even though Karpov looked pissed off he was willing to hear Ryders view, "so who do you suggest?"

"Me," he puts bluntly.

You look at Ryder, it was sweet that he was trying to protect you.

"Fine, both of you down to the testing room."

Once there you step inside a large glass room as Karpov and strucker observe from the outside.
"Purely combat, no powers," Strucker announces over a tannoy into the room. You look around pretending to be on edge.
"You ready?" Ryder asks.

You nod your head and wait for his move. He throws a right punch, which you take. He goes for a left which you dodge, you grab his arm and kick his ribs. You scrap with him, both of you punching and kicking, a few blows landing on the two of you.

"Your pretty good," Ryder compliments you.

"Your not to bad yourself."

You were a pretty even match when it came to sparring.

"Lets make this interesting," Strucker says throwing a small knife into the room. You watch as it slides towards to two of you. Ryder goes for it but you kick it out of his way.

"Oh Ryder, I thought you were better than this," Strucker says dissapointed.
It looked like he was becoming more frustrated at you matching his combat skills.
You jump on his back in an attempt to spin around him and slams him into the floor. However he grabs you, pulling you off him and throws you across the room, you slide to a halt infront or Karpov and Strucker.

He runs and grabs the knife and B lines for you. Dragging you off the floor he slams you into one of the glass panels, knife at your throat. Ryder grins triumphantly thinking he had won.
Even though he was your friend you had to prove to Strucker you could be part of the team so you could get their intel.
You remember what Bucky had shown you and within one swift move you had turned the tables and had Ryder pinned with the knife on him, and one fist sparking electricity just for a bit of flare.

You look over at Strucker and Karpov who were heatedly talking to each other. Ryder tries to get out of your grip but it was no use. They both walk into the room and you let Ryder go.

"Well done (y/n) you have greatly improved," Strucker compliments, "you may go back to your quarters with the others."

"You stay here," he directs to Ryder.

"Sorry," you whisper to your friend as your escorted out of the room.