Chapter 54 Family

Beginne am Anfang

Kirara: "Hey now, we said..."

I smiled and walked over to them.

Haruna: "Shōko-san?"

I came behind Shirabe and put my hands on her shoulders. Then I started pushing her to stop her from hiding.

Shirabe: "M-Mom...!"

"It's okay. I know what you want to say to them."

Shirabe: !

"Now..."

Shirabe looked at everyone and looked away for a second before turning to them.

Shirabe: "...I'm sorry."

She bowed and I saw her cheeks red from embarrassment. Then when she looked up...

Miria: "Shirabe-chan!"

Shirabe: "Eh?"

Miria quickly ran up to her and took her hands.

Miria: "I'm sorry too! I didn't know what you were going through! I never thought we were so similar!"

Miria started shaking Shirabe's hands quickly with small tears at the corner of her eyes.

Shirabe: "Wha...Why are you...?"

Tenma, Shinsuke, and Hikaru: "Saegusa-senpai!"

Shirabe: "Eh?!"

The three of them had tears too in the corner of their eyes and soon enough everyone started surrounding Shirabe.

Sumire: "Isn't that great, Shōko?"

"Yes..."

I wipe some tears from my own eyes.

Now if only...

I put my fingers on the ring that is on my ring finger.

*Later*

Shirabe POV

After everyone got off me, they went back to practice and I decided to watch them with Mom.

Shōko: "You found some great friends, Shirabe."

"Mhm..."

I looked down at everyone practicing and slightly smiled.

"Ah, Mom."

Shōko: "What is it?"

"Well... what did you mean, when you were sorry?"

Shōko: "...Ah, that."

Mom looked sad.

Shōko: "You remember when your father and I were fighting, right?"

I nodded, a little sad.

Shōko: "It's true we were fighting who would take you but... the main reason we were fighting was..."

3rd POV

Shōko spoke and the words could no be heard by the dear reader. (wink wink) But after Shōko finished, Shirabe's eyes widen.

Shirabe: "Then... the revolution is..."

Shōko: "...Yes."

Shirabe: "Why? Why Dad go so far to..."

Shōko: "...I couldn't stop him because... I know how he feels."

Shirabe looked sadly at her mother who was looking up at the sky. Then she noticed the ring on her finger.

Shirabe: "Mom..."

Shōko: "Haha, your father is such an idiot..."

Shirabe looked up at Shōko, her eyes had tears on the corners. Shirabe didn't say anything and just hugged Shōko tightly. Shōko hugged back.

Shirabe: "...Mom, why do you and Dad fight so much?"

Shirabe said as she still hugged Shōko.

Shōko: "Well that's because... we love each other too much."

Shirabe: "Eh?"

Shōko: "You heard of how the more people fight, it means that they care about you, right?"

Shirabe: !

Shōko: "It's quite similar to your father and I. We've fought a lot when we were your age."

Shirabe: "I see..."

Shōko looked over to Shirabe and smiled sadly.

Shōko: "My feelings for your father has never wavered though. I'm sure he's the same."

Shirabe: "Mom..."

At that moment, Shirabe understood. She understood how strong the bond between her parents were, and how lucky she was to be taken in by them.

Shirabe: "I'm very lucky aren't I?"

Shōko: "Eh?"

Shirabe: "Despite what happened to my real family, I've gain so much after... An amazing best friend, a father who cares for us so much, a mother who gave me a new name when I can't remember my real one, and..."

Shirabe looked down at the field.

Shirabe: "A team that is willing to forgive me after what I've done."

Shōko smiled as she looked at Shirabe.

Shōko: "I think... that's one of the biggest smiles you've done, Shirabe."

Shirabe: "Is it? Maybe it matches how happy I am..."

Shōko: "Hehe, maybe."