Chapter 3

I woke up and felt happy this morning. Today was the day I go out on a date with August.

I hopped out of bed and walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. I turned on the faucet grabbed my toothbrush and put toothpaste on it. As I brushed my teeth I heard my phone vibrating on the bathroom counter. I quickly spit the toothpaste into the sink and turned the faucet off before grabbing my phone. I looked at the caller ID and seen August calling me.

I slid the green bar across the screen and held the phone up to my ear.

ME: "Hello?"

AUGUST: "Hey ma" I smiled.

ME: "Hey.. what you want"

AUGUST: "Damn a nigga can't say Wasup right quick"

ME: "My bad I'm just in a rush but I'll call you when I'm done taking a shower"

AUGUST: "Okay.. bae"

I rolled my eyes at his response and hung up the phone and finished brushing my teeth. I washed my face and once I was finished I turned on the shower waiting for it to get warm. I took off my big T-shirt and lace bra and panties and took down my messy bun before hopping inside the shower.

I got out when I was finished and wrapped my towel around me to dry off quickly. I dried my hair and put it up in a bun for right now then walked into my bedroom and picked out my outfit for work. I put it on and checked the time which was 8 o'clock I huffed and quickly grabbed my keys phone and wedding planner suitcase and folder. I practically ran down the stairs with my heels on and walked out closing and locking the door behind me.

I speed walked to my car unlocking it and hopping inside. I started my engine and drove off dialing August's number because I told him I'd call him. The ringing tone stopped when I heard music playing in the background.

AUGUST: "Hey ma.. took you long enough" he chuckled

ME: "Sorry I was just rushing and decided to call you while I'm the car."

AUGUST: "What time you want me to pick you up for our date tonight"

ME: " like I said I'll let you know ahead of time when I find out."

AUGUST: "Aight coo.. you headin to work??"

ME: "Yeah I'm actually pulling up to the building right now" I grab my folder and suit case stepping out of the car and headed towards the entrance.

AUGUST: "Coo.. I won't keep you long enjoy yo day" I could hear the smile on his face

ME: "Bye August" I say hanging up and welcomed by a smirking Kay and Ciara.. I walk to my office with them trailing behind me. "Was that August" Ciara asked as I rolled my eyes at how nosey they were. "Yes" I huffed. "And how did sex go?" Kay said folding his arms across his chest raising a brow and leaning on the door frame in my office as I froze in my place and scoffed shaking my head. "Um no.. We didn't have sex at all and plus he didn't come over so pow" I stated sitting down in my seat with then sitting on my desk across from me. "So what was y'all talking about on the phone" Kay asked.

"He just wanted to see what time he was going to be picking me up tonight" I opened up my folder flipping through pages of wedding dresses.

"Sure" Kay said walking out of my office with Ciara trailing behind him.

******************

I unlocked the door and closed it taking my shoes off at the door and running up the stairs to find something to wear for me and August's date tonight. I was actually kind if nervous being around him and plus this is our first date so I hope it goes well.