I almost stop breathing as no one talks for a second before the closet door whips open and I see Christine Sinclair standing in front of me. I stare at the taller Canadian veteran wide eyed and I couldn't stop myself before I blurt out.

"No going to lie, this isn't how I remember coming out of the closet a few years ago"

Jess lets out a snort and I earn a smile from Sinclair. "I mean how did I end up here. Last thing I remember was going getting ice cream" I say as I slip out of the closet moving beside Jessie, "welp best get going now". But Sinclair wasn't having it as she put a hand on my shoulder and pointed to the bed, "Not so fast. Sit Griffin". I pout but comply as I sit on the foot of the bed.

"You know you have your team pretty worried right now" she tells me. I just shrug as I start to play with my fingers. "Talk or else I call Tobin and the tell her your here" she says sternly. "Please don't" I beg as she watches me. She raises an eyebrow at me, "So talk". I sigh as I run a hand through my hair, "I just needed to get away from the team for a bit".

"So you thought wondering off without telling anyone in a foreign country would be a good idea?" Sinc asks. I sigh, "Look I needed to get out of there for a bit". "But why?" She asks again. I huff, "Because they don't trust me!" Jess moves to sit beside me wrapping an arm around me, "They do Lee. They're just stressed". I sigh as I lean my head on her shoulder, "Yeah maybe". "I think it's time you went back Elliot" Christine smiles. I just nod knowing she's right.

Jess pats my knee, "Cmon I'll walk you back". I blow a razzberry before slowly standing up. Jessie chuckles and grabs my UCLA hoodie while I slip on my shoes. I give Sinc a quick hug before I leave, "Bye Sinc". She pats my back, "I'll see you later kid". Jessie says a quick goodbye to her teammate before following out the door.

We had just made it to the lobby door when I turn to my girlfriend, "Crazy idea, we don't go back to the hotel and instead we go exploring". She gives my hand a light squeeze with a small smile, "You know I love nothing more than going exploring with you but you need to face them eventually". I pout and playfully stomp my foot, "But I don't wanna!" She rolls her eyes and grabs my wrist pulling me out the door, "Cmon Lee".

But we don't make it far before Daan runs up to us, "Ellie!" I scratch the back of my neck, "Uh hey Daan". The minute I'm within arm's reach she quickly pulls me into her hugging me tight to her chest, "God Ellie you had us all worried to death disappearing like that!" "I'm sorry" I mumble into her shoulder as I hug her back. When we pull away I furrow my eyebrows together, "How did you find me?" She raises an eyebrow as she looks between Jess and I causing us both to blush crimson, "I know you better than you think".

She wiggles her eyebrows at me but doesn't press the matter which I'm thankful for. "Uh I'm going to head back now" Jessie breathes out. She hugs me and whispers in my ear, "Text me later". She breaks away and awkwardly nods at Daan before shuffling away. Daan smirks at me but I roll my eyes, "Don't even". But she quickly raises her hands in surrender, "I didn't say anything". She slings her arm over my shoulders, "Now cmon I think we need to get you back".

Daan walks me back to my hotel and surprisingly we don't meet any of the team. Well that's true until we get to our floor. We were just 2 doors away from my room when it seemed like the entire team streamed out of one of the rooms. Christen was the first to break through closely followed by Tobin who both scooped me up in a hug. "Ellie! Where have you been? We've been looking all over for you!" Christen exclaims looking at me cupping my face before hugging me back into her. "It's just good to have you back Tiny" Tobin whispers before kissing the top of my head.

"Why did you leave?" Mal asks when the three of us pull away. "I needed some time away" I answer shortly. "You should have at least told us where you were going" Carli scolds. "Why? Scared I was going to go talk to the competition?" I snap. The team stare sadly at me. "Or what can I not be trusted to even walk around now?" I ask. No one answers and instead they turn to Daan.