Asami chuckled and kissed Korra's cheek. "Oh, you know I love you."

"Yeah, yeah." Korra mumbled. "What do you want to do for dinner?"

"See? Those are questions married people ask each other." Aya said.

Korra rolled her eyes and missed the slight blush that graced Asami's face. Opal raised her eyebrows when Asami turned away to hide it.

"Wait, Korra, do you not want to get married?" She asked cautiously, not missing Asami tensing up.

Korra frowned and crossed her arms. "I didn't say that, it's just not something we talk about a lot."

"Well, you guys live together." Opal reminded.

"Yeah, we do." Korra shifted nervously and glanced at Asami who seemed to be looking for something in her locker. "I mean, I'd like for us to. Some day. I just want to finish university first, you know?"

Asami slowly turned to catch a glimpse of Korra. This was the most the subject had ever been brought up. Their final year of university was almost up and Asami's life was already laid out in front of her. After graduation she would be groomed as her father's replacement as CEO of Future Industries, she already several designs for future products on her computer.

The next several decades had been outlined, well, professionally at least. She had no idea where her relationship with Korra was going after graduation. Part of her had planned to propose to Korra at graduation, but her lover's constant talk of wanting 'to ride the waves and experience life' had all but canceled those plans. Asami just didn't have the luxury of trampling around the world 'finding herself.'

She always loved Korra's free spirit; it's what attracted her as teenagers. Sure, Korra had matured over the last five years, but she was far from settling down. At least that's what Asami had always concluded. Korra had been strangely affectionate after her last trip to the Southern Water Tribe for a family wedding. Asami hadn't been able to attend so Korra went alone. It started as little things, like Korra actually getting up with her in the morning instead of just rolling over for an extra hour of sleep, but it had evolved to Korra taking over cooking and cleaning when Asami had late nights at the business school. The only real time they got together was soccer practice and games.

Korra looked over at her and Asami raised her eyebrows in surprise when sure the faint blush on her girlfriend's face. She stood up straight and leaned over to plant a kiss on Korra's cheek.

"Come on, I'm hungry and need to shower." She said, giving Korra to opportunity to escape this conversation.

Asami sighed and crossed her legs in her chair. She pushed her glasses up on her nose and looked over her schematics for the third time. She just had the overwhelming feeling there was a flaw, but she couldn't find it. She pursed her lips, her designs were never perfect and her father had ripped apart her last designs she overwhelmingly declared perfect.

Her eyes drifted to her half eaten dinner, about fifteen minutes into looking over her work and she had lost her appetite. She had a feeling Korra was going to find some excuse to nag her about it. She heard the shower turn off.

"Speak of the devil." She mumbled to herself. She quickly grabbed her bowl and tried to force down the rest of her stew.