⋆Twenty-Four⋆

Začít od začátku

Even worse, however, was the phrase that finished of his night, and the second the words left his lips, he knew he'd regret it if she heard him.

"I'm fucking crazy for you."

Nevertheless, he needs to know, and the suspense is killing him.

"Do you... remember anything else?" He mumbles against her luscious smelling hair.

His heart rate quickens as he awaits her reply. However, he hasn't noticed the absences of Millie's sniffles that have now been replaced with deep breaths.

She's asleep.

-

Finn watches the sunrise slowly. His mind had been racing for the duration of that night, and he hadn't moved from the position in which Millie fell asleep. It was hard to bring his mind to rest while contemplating what he would do if Millie had remembered absolutely everything.

Would things be different? Awkward between them?

I hope not.

Millie abruptly starts to shift out of his arms, rolling back into her bed. He uses this as an opportunity to get up, suddenly missing her warm presence.

There are only about ten more minutes until the alarm goes off. However, he knows Millie will need all the sleep she can get.

Finn silently leaves the room, going to get ready for breakfast.

-

Ten minutes later, Finn now sits on the couch in the living area on his phone. He isnt sure whether to wait for Millie before going to breakfast since he isnt quite sure if he will talk to him.

Just as he was about to get up and leave, a sluggish voice sounds."Ready to go?"

Millie walks into the living room, rubbing her eyes; they are swollen and puffy from the many tears shed last night.

Finn is shocked at this moment.

"Youre talking to me again."

She snorts, rolling her eyes dramatically. "I honestly have no energy to be mad at you right now."

She waves for Finn to follow her to the door. He quickly jumps from the couch running towards her.

"Millie wait-" He speaks reaching for her arm, causing her to face him.

"I really am sorry for the way I talked to you; I shouldn't have-"

"Finn" She cuts him off slightly annoyed. "Im fine okay, besides you really saved me last night."

"Thank you, truly," She says, smiling sincerely.

God. He had missed seeing that smile. Even though it had only been a couple of days where they haven't been on good terms, he missed seeing her happy. The poor girl had been through so much shit the past few days, and part of it was his fault.

And though she may not be mad at this moment in time, she hasn't fully forgiven him, and this pains him. However, he remembers the words his best friend had told him.