Chapter 002: Ding-Dong Bitch

[Colby's P O V]

As days passed by, I found myself feeling bored to oblivion. Work was the same everyday, except one time when a customer slipped on wet floor, and time seemed to move slower every second that passed. I mean, it was a job that could pay but I would surely find myself leaving it if it didn't. I've also been keeping contact with mom, occasionally visiting her or face timing her when she insisted. I found it unnecessary but didn't ruin the mood.

Currently, I was home and snacking on candy bar I had bought a few days ago. Groceries weren't something I had in my cupboards and fridge and didn't quite find it necessary when I could just order pizza or go by a drive-through. It was easier and took less energy than cooking a meal myself.

Yet I always wondered how nice it would be to make breakfast for my partner or possibly the love of my life. To make them breakfast-in-bed and lift their groggy mood when they woke up. It was quite a shame I never got to experience that with Sam. And I couldn't help but wonder how he's been doing. Should I message him? Possibly call him?

I fished out my phone from the pocket of my jeans and went into my contacts. Sam's name was just sitting there, waiting to be tapped on. And I almost did if it wasn't for the knocking at my door. I muttered out a 'thank God' and rose from the couch. Though I was relieved, I was still confused to who would visit. I rarely had visitors other than mom and Jacob so it was quite concerning.

Squinting at the sunlight blinding me when I opened the door, I blocked the sunlight with my hand and looked over at my visitor. But no one was there. I assumed it was one of those ding-ding-ditches young teens used to do and walked back inside with an eye roll. Now I understand how annoying it used to be when we used to do it.

Work was let off a little sooner today and nothing exciting was up so I was stuck at home as you could realize. I finished up my candy bar and made way to the shower. I stripped down to nothing and got under the steaming hot water, letting it slide down my shoulders. It was a soothing gesture but I couldn't find myself staying long today.

I was usually one who enjoyed long showers yet today I wasn't feeling it. Instead, I washed up and walked into my room with a towel wrapped around my waist, allowing the water to drip on the floor. It'll dry eventually. After getting freshened up, I threw on a pair of boxers along with grey joggers, finding no point to wear a shirt.

I went to blow dry my hair, when another knock at my door was heard. God if it was one of those teenagers again- I let out a groan and trudged downstairs and to the door. I threw it open with a bitter look on my face and almost snapped when I realized it was the house inspector. Shit, I forgot that was today. Though I found it completely unnecessary, this guy just had to come here saying it was part of his job.

The inspector, Mr. Over, I bit back a laugh, stood there with a bored expression as he waited for me to let him in. I looked down at him with a small smirk noticing how he held back the urge to stare me down. It was either because I'm toned as fuck or because he just didn't like me and wanted to show that. "Welcome in." I said, faking a grin and stepping aside.

He simply pushed up the his thick glasses on the bridge of his nose and roamed through the house with his clipboard in hand. I slumped down on the couch as he did so, and opened up my phone. Sam's contact name was still in view and untouched. I let out a sigh and clicked out before I really did tap on it. Instead, I pressed on one of my few games and waited until Mr. Over was done inspection my house. Sour bitch.

/// So here's chapter two!! It's still a little boring but will get better eventually. :) plez vote and comment! And thanks for 100 reads already! It means a lot and I'm shocked it got this many in such a short time but I appreciate it!! : ) ///