─ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

The tracking device led us to an abandoned factory in the middle of nowhere, which I don't find surprising since Killdeer, Ohio is a small town. Donna stepped on the brakes, slowing down and parking the Jeep right next to the service truck.

We exited out of the vehicle and walked towards Kory as she turned around, her eyes directly landed on Donna. "Who is she?" she asked, brushing away her magenta hair.

"I'm the person who knocked you out."

"Bet you can't do it twice," she claimed, earning a look from the Amazonian.

"Kory, whatever this is you're going through, please, let us help you," Dick said pleadingly to our amnesiac friend with concern written all over his face.

"I don't need your help," she rejected the offer, turning back around as she took one step before halting and bringing her hands up to the temples of her head, wincing in pain.

"You're getting your memories back."

"Yeah," Kory nodded, "but nothing makes sense. I can't make order to anything. All I know is I tried to kill a girl that I love and I don't know why." Her focus returned back to the factory as she examined it from top to bottom. "But the answer is in here."

"If you say so," I mumbled.

Kory proceeded towards the entrance and effortlessly broke the heavy metal chains, dropping them to the ground. She then pushed open the double doors, carefully walking inside as we began to trail behind her.

The abandoned factory was indeed abandoned, the only thing present was the metal beams used to hold up the whole structure. I scrunched up my nose, frowning at the smell of wet dirt as I checked out the condition of this place.

Based on the beams' rust patterns and the graffitis drawn all over the walls, it looks like this factory has been deserted for over at least two decades. I guess the owner or whoever doesn't have the money to demolish the whole place. What a waste of money.

"What are we searching for exactly? Because I'm seeing nada," I inquired, my voice softly bounced off the walls.

Kory didn't provide an answer to my question, instead, she halted to a stop. Furrowing her brows, she stared at the empty space ahead. From the look on her face, she was waiting for something to happen but what? I was about to speak again when a ray of purple light magically appeared and started to scan us individually at the same time.

"Whoa," Dick uttered, speechless.

"What's going on?" Donna's voice laced in confusion.

A modulating bleep got louder by the second, followed by another high-pitch frequency sound and the disappearance of the purple light. Soon, something began to materialize out of thin air. "Holy shit," I whispered, my mouth literally dropping at the unexpected sight.

It is a ship—an alien ship to be specific—right in front of us.

"This ship... I know it," Kory said, glancing back to us. "It's mine."

"Koriand'r," called out a woman in a language I don't recognize.

"X'Hal," she promptly responded, softly gasping in shock as the ship opened its' entry and lowered the ramp. Tilting her head, Kory didn't hesitate to enter inside nor did we. She scanned around the main chamber, probably feeling a sense of familiarity with everything.

So, this is what the inside of an alien ship looks like, I thought, not bad.

"I gotta admit I'm impressed," Donna confessed as I nodded in agreement.