"Luke, we can hash all that out when we wake Mom up." The red head cut him off, looking up at her father figure. "The important thing now is that we have her back." She said looking back to an unconscious Jocelyn.

"I'm looking for Lydia." A voice said and the two turned to find Alec at the door. "Have either of you seen her?" The raven haired boy asked. "I don't mean to interrupt or anything--"

"No." Clary shook her head. "Stay for a minute." She said.

"I gotta get back to the station." Luke announced and looked at Clary. "Call me if anything changes." He gave her a gentle smile before leaving the two Shadowhunters alone, patting Alec's shoulder on the way out.

Alec looked at the red head and walked over slowly, glancing at Jocelyn. "How is she?" He asked.

"Still the same, I guess." Clary answered looking at her mother. She sighed and looked up at the boy in front of her. "Alec, I know you and I don't always see eye to eye on things..." She trailed off and corrected herself. "Actually we never see eye to eye on anything. But I do want to thank you for everything you've done to help get my Mom back." She said softly.

"Actually, I should thank you." Alec said, finally pulling his gaze from the floor to look at her. Clary stared at him with shock. "I don't know what would've happened to Isabelle after the trial if you hadn't returned the Cup." He sighed. "You saved my sister so thank you."

"My whole world turned upside down but you and I thanking each other..." Clary trailed of with a smile. "That's just too much." She said with a giggle, even managing to receive a small smile from Alec.

"Yeah." The raven haired boy replied with one last look and leaving the room.

The following morning, Magnus sat at the head of the table with Allison as Jace and Clary both entered the room at the same time

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

The following morning, Magnus sat at the head of the table with Allison as Jace and Clary both entered the room at the same time. "Morning." The red head greeted.

"Morning." Jace muttered, taking a seat beside his twin. "You just come from training?" He asked softly, causing the warlock to look up from inspecting his nails, to looking between the two that had just entered.

"Yeah. I'm working on my right hook." Clary replied just as softly, standing next to Magnus, who now sat at the table awkwardly with his eyebrows raised.

"Good. That's a good punch." Jace said, not looking at the red head.

Clary looked at him before nodding. "Yeah, well I'm working on it."

Allison looked between the two before meeting Magnus' gaze. She rolled her eyes while Magnus decided to break the awkwardness.

Into The Shadows • Shadowhunters जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें