Part five

I always hear this word, ' bad-mind' and was never sure what it meant until I started growing up. The older I got the more I learned its exact meaning. Across the world it's known as jealousy or envy, in Jamaica we call it 'bad-mind'. Jealousy will make people do a lot of crazy things. They tell lies on you, spread rumors or even frame you. People will say they saw you steal something when you were actually home in bed fucking your husband like it's the last. People will paraphrase what you say and put you headway in jail, clearly not giving two fucks if you get hurt in the process or not. People are like that. Not all but most. If you're in a friendship and both a y'all broke, as soon as one does something big or achieves something the other starts sneak dissing until eventually it's cut off. It's very rare that your 'day one' friend will remain your day one friend. There's usually no remedy for 'bad-mind' people but I've learned how to deal with them because to be honest I can't malice all the persons that show signs of jealousy in my life. I have to keep them. Some are family, some are long time friends. What I do is tolerate them; keep them at arms length and most of all keep them the hell out of my business. I have a very close friend (twice my age) she always tells me "D, keep people out of your business" and I never ask why because it's quite clear. If you're doing good in school people don't want that. If you're starting a business, they don't like that. If you are in a constant committed relationship and they realize that okay maybe one day soon this guy is going to make her a wife,they hate that. You have to know who belongs in certain parts of your life. I have friends who know nothing about my relationship, as a matter of fact I only have one friend that knows almost exactly what goes on in my relationship, everyone else is at arms length. Not because I don't trust them (wait, let me not lie, I DONT trust them) but because not everyone means you well. Some just say it out of politeness. I've looked at how fucked up the world is: mother in law fucking daughter's husband, pastor fucking church sister, teens fucking sixty odd years old, hell even brothers and sisters fucking. Everyone that shouldn't be fucking is fucking! See my point? For all I know my best friend could be fucking my worst enemy. This is reality. When I keep people at arms length, no one can fuck me over. Just devise a method of survival and work with it.

Opinions Of A Teenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें