2

Mama Taught Me To Count One To Ten

(WARNING! Errors ahead)

"C'mon vie you can do it."

"Mom-ma."

"Yes baby, say one."

"A-an."

"Awww, one more try baby. Say ONE (wan)."

"Wa-one."

"Alright baby, Very good!"

That's when she taught me things that I can do. She taught me to learn things.

"Two." Mom said.

"T-thwoa."

"Haha cute. Again baby, say two."

"T-two."

"Good job, vie." She smiled and kissed my forehead.

She taught me to try and try. Everything has chances to try.

"One, two, what's next vie?"

"Three!"

"Aww my baby." Mom hugged me.

She taught me to know that everything has its next, Consequences. To think before I do.

"One, two, three, fo-fo.." I forgot what's next.

"Hmm?" She smiled.

"Fa-five?"

"No, it's four." Mom chuckled.

"Oh. Sor-ry."

"It's okay baby."

She taught me that there's the times that I'm wrong and I would fail. She taught me to learn acceptance and learn from my mistakes. She said mistakes are lessons to learn.

"Mom! Hear me! One, two, three, four, five!"

"Wow, Very good! What do you want? Ice cream?" I nodded.

She taught me to be happy in everything that comes to my life. Whether it's good news or bad news. Everything has its reasons.

I'm sixteen now. I just remember the time that I learned six and seven.

"What's next on five, vie?"

"Seven." I answered

"No. It's six."

"It's just the same mom."

"No, it's not. Six is lesser than seven."

"Oh, sorry."

She taught me that everything has its difference and not all I want is what I can get. She taught me to hear out others and listen.

When I was seven years old. I can count more than ten. I just noticed that—

"Mom I just figured out that when I write number eight, it has no end. It's like Infinity!"

"But the number nine has." I didn't get her. I was just talking about number eight.

"Huh?"

That time, she taught me that everything has end. She taught me that nothing will stay forever so to learn that I shouldn't depend my life to any body. She taught me to be independent and to learn to live on my own.

I'm ten years old when I totally understand of what she taught me.

The time that I can count one to ten when I was four years old. She said that every lesson she taught me, I should apply it to myself and my life.

Mama taught me to count one to ten, not just to learn numbers but also to understand everything. That's why I understand her when she left me when I was ten years old for her another family that she wanted.

She taught me that there's a lie and heartbreak. She taught me to trust lesser and use my heart less. She taught me to live with my brain for my heart becomes braver.

(Written by: Darviel Valentine)

[ 09-07-19 ]

_________

You can visit my account

@Darviel Valentine

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=130635301578825&id=100038970674114