Chapter 2 - Texts

The next morning you texted him.

'Good morning! (⌒▽⌒) This is Y/n, from the grocery store.'

You waited for a response... nothing. 'Why did I think he would respond immediately? Besides, he's not the type to wake up early in the morning. You saw how tired he looked!' You sighed and left your apartment for work. On the way to work, your listened to Present Mic's show.

"GOOOOOOOOOD MORRRRRNING JAPAN, GOOOOOOD MORNING WORRRRRLLD! IT'SSSS YOUR HOST PRESSEEEEEEENT MIIIIIIIIIIIIC!!!! GUESS WHAT?!!! My B. F. F. met a cute girl at the grocery store!" 'Huh. What a coincidence. I met a cute guy at the grocery store.'

"I am both jealous and happy for him!!!! Jealous because my best friend is being taken away from me. Although, I am not directly disproving your fangirls' theories of Mic x Eraser. Trust me, I know, I've seen the fanart." 'What a romantic story. A pro hero meets innocent civilian in the grocery store. This is the kind of content I love.'  You looked outside the subway train window. 'The world is so beautiful... but cruel. Why can't I have cute romance like that? No, I shouldn't complain, some people have it way worse than me. Don't complain Y/n. Don't.'

Bing!

You looked down at your phone and smiled.

'You wake up too early you know that?'

'Heh. I have to for work.'

'That sucks.'

'Meh. I'm used to it.'

'What do you do for work?'

'I'm a doctor. In a lot of things actually.'

'Right. You're... like... 25?'

'I have 10 doctorates. I'm not kidding. It's my quirk.'

'What's your quirk?'

'Basically, I can tell if a statement is true or not.'

'So you can tell if someone is lying?'

'It's more than that, but I can also do that too.'

'Interesting.'

'What do you do?'

'I'm a teacher.'

'For what age?'

'High school. Yuck.'

'oof'

'Thanks for that.'

'You're welcome.'

'Umm, I've gotta get to school. Talk to you later?'

'Sure, yeah.'

'Great. I'll definitely text you during lunch.'

'Bye. <3'

'Was that heart for me?'

'I thought you were 'busy' Mr. Aizawa.'

'Well not anymore.'

'Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.'

'Whatever, bye.'

'Bye <3 <3'

'Really?'

'I thought you were going?'

'Stop it.'

'Okay, okay. Bye.'

'Bye.'

'<3 <3 <3'

'Wow.'

'<3<3<3<3'

'<3'

You froze and a blush creeped over your face. You had only been joking. He texted you back a heart. A HEART. Did he actually mean it? OR WAS HE JUST TEASING YOU?!!!! You let out a large, exasperated sigh. You smiled and looked out the window again. You finally arrived at your building.

That day, work wasn't so boring.

Why?

Was it... him?

Did he really have this effect on you?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Yes.