Prologue

**Don't forget to vote and comment! Enjooy!! **

Today was a big day. It was the day I finally turned 14. It also marked the two years Luke and I had been together. That in itself was a cause to celebrate. Humming to myself, I slipped on my ripped skinny jeans and baggy T-shirt. My frizzy red hair couldn't be tamed, so I shoved it into a pony tail. Quickly checking that I was presentable in the mirror, I rushed out of my room.

I ran down the stairs and waltzed into the kitchen where breakfast was set. A woman stood there chopping up vegetables at the counter. She was blond and had a kind look in her eyes. She smiled at me as I walked into the room. That woman was my mother. I admired her most for her strength. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it was to wake up every morning, afraid. Not even afraid for yourself,
but for the one you loved. I was talking about my father. He was in the army. This year, he had gone on his third tour to Iraq. Hopefully, this would be the last. "Morning mum." I chirped, walking over to her and placing a kiss on her cheek.

"Mornin hun, and happy birthday." She smiled at me. "I can't believe you're getting to be so old already." She faked a sniff and pretended to wipe the tears from her eyes.

I rolled my eyes at her. "Puhlese mum." I looked at the table but didn't find my brother sitting there as I had expected. "Where's Ash?"

"Oh, I think he's still up. Call him down here, won't you?"

"Sure." I smiled and skipped over to the bottom of the stairs. "Hey Ash, get your butt down here. Mum's waiting." I yelled.

"I'll be down in a few." He called back down. "Hey Sienna, is Luke here yet?"

"Uh, no he's not."

"Yes I am." A voice called out from behind me.

I spun around to find Luke standing a few inches behind me. "Luke. when did you get here?"

He grinned down at me. "A minute ago." He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. Introducing Luke Fields. He is my brother's best friend and my boyfriend. "Happy birthday Sienna." He whispered, his face inches away from mine. He planted a kiss on my lips. Yep, this was a great birthday so far, I thought, as I smiled into the kiss.

Just then I could hear someone's footsteps thundering down the stairs. "Ew, guys. That's disgusting. Don't do that in front of me. I've told you so many times before." Ash mock scolded as he came up to us. Although, I think he was secretly pleased Luke and I were together this long. Even though he wasn't exactly a fan of our relationship, initially. Heck, no one was pleased with our relationship initially. We had to fight to get to where we were.

I smiled up at Luke as I pulled away from him. He quickly yanked me back to his side and drapped his arm over my shoulder. I looked up at my brother and stuck my tongue out at him. "Just cause you're still single, Ash."

"Kids, come for breakfast." Mom called out.

"Yah kids, let's go." Ash walked ahead of us into the kitchen.

"Oh Luke, you're here. Just in time; I made your special."

"Thanks Mrs. M." Luke took his arm away from my shoulder. He pulled a chair out and gestured for me to sit. Smiling at him, I slipped onto the seat. He then proceeded to take his place on the chair next to me.

"Aw, you guys are so cute." Mom gushed at Luke and I.

I could feel my face start to heat up. "Mum, don't be so embarrassing."

My brother, on the other hand, started fake gagging. "Luke, seriously dude."

"Yeah man. You'll understand when you finally get yourself a girlfriend." Luke retaliated.