Chapter 4: No more Nightmares

Before we begin on this chapter I would like to thank those who have been reading my story!
:3

Fitz's POV

I never knew I would meet someone like Sophie she was so kind and she always knew the right thing to sa-

"Ahem..." Tiergan cleared his throat before continuing ,"You two can finish this later but we still have more training to do and next week...is a surprise" his voice trailed off.

I looked at him curiously,it had only been 2 hours but we still had 5 hours left ,What else do we have to do? I asked my self.

Tiergan formed a large grin on his face a he held a purple sphere shaped ball with three buttons on the top ,he clicked the middle button and slow calming music started to play ,I glanced at Sophie who had been just as confused as I was.

"Now Dance!" Tiergan said as he clicked another button this time and the music was slightly louder.

I watched as Sophie slowly stood up while looking at me then transmitting.

"Can't dance" she sounded shy and quiet

I looked at her briefly then thought of ways I could help her dance ,suddenly the idea popped into my head and I leaned in closer picking her up gently and placed her feet on mine.
She looked up at me and her eyes grew with confusion as I started to dance ,I took both her hands and wrapped them around the back of my neck and put my hands around her waist and pulled her in slightly. She rested her head on my chest and I rested my head on her head ,still carefully swaying and dancing to the song.

We continued to not only trust each other with secrets but with physical contact which seemed to be a vital step in our cognate relationship. Although a few times I would here Tiergan talking to both our parents which was a little suspicious but I only assumed it had to do with the preparations for next week.

I was wondering what the surprise was for next week so I tried asking Tiergan but he only said I shouldn't worry and just be patient.

Way too soon and way too fast the 5 more hours flew by and school was over ,i wish i could spend days like these every week.I waved a small bye to Sophie and a small smile ,as I called the Leapmaster to bring me to Everglen.

Sophie's POV

After school I headed straight to my room and plopped down on my bed.

I felt my eyes getting heavy and I hadn't realized how much energy was taken out of me from working with Fitz ,but I couldn't complain because I really truly had feelings for him weather he liked me back or not I knew I had to start acting on my emotions to show him how I feel and maybe even tell him ,but as of right now? Telling him really didn't seem appropriate.

I dreamt of happy little dreams with my friends and laughing but overall having fun ,it was a change I wasn't used to but it was better then waking up in a cold sweat.

   • • •

I woke up to Edaline's soft voice ,"Wake up Soph ,come eat dinner," she said as I walked down stairs with her.

Once we arrived at the table Grady was already there he looked like he had just showered after a long day of work as he had dark circles under his eyes.

"Hey Sophie ,I was wondering if you could go feed Verdi after dinner?" He asked ,I didn't really want to but by the sound of Edaline and Grady's voices they had a long and hard day so I nodded my head and finished up my meal.

I put on a warmer tunic as it was dark and cold.I went outside with a bucket full of food and quickly walked over to Verdi's pasture and dumped the bucket on the ground.

As I was walking back from the pasture the cool night breeze brushed against my face and sent goose bumps down my arms.

When I got inside I quickly went up to my bathroom and had a long hot shower ,my mind kept somehow tracing back to Fitz and how we danced not only that but Tiergan's face ,he seemed really excited but what for?

Thoughts raced through my head but none exactly made sense. I finished my shower and changed into my pyjamas as I walked over to my bed I realized I wasn't exactly tired I mean I napped earlier but I seemed to replenish my energy enough.So I grabbed Ella and walked over to my desk while grabbing a piece of paper and a pencil ,I started doing some homework to get a little ahead on some classes that way I won't fall behind.

After an hour or two of homework I noticed Mr. Snuggles wasn't on my bed I searched all over my room until I looked under my bed and found him. I picked him up as I grabbed Ella and crawled under the sheets. Mr.Snuggles smelt really familiar and I couldn't tell why ,but that when I realized he smelt like Fitz.

In that moment it felt almost comforting to have something like that I don't know why but it helped me fall asleep knowing that I had something to keep me safe...

So what it's a stuffed animal but it was Fitz's stuffed animal with just made it seem like it was protecting me from the bad dreams.

I hadn't sleep in so long without having a nightmare but the tonight was only good dreams and I don't want that to ever change...

I'm thinking I'll have them confess soon but idk. This was kinda to tease you guys because I want them to be really close before a relationship and fully understand their feelings but no confession today!