Chapter One: Bets and Bangs

For some reason or another, Demyx was actually paying attention in class today. Okay, in one class, music class. It mostly because they may or may not have been talking about David Bowie, but mostly because he finally got to show off his sitar playing.

Some time later, it turned out the teacher would not let him play after all, much to his dismay. After gloomily leaving his music class, he headed to English class, which he just so happened to have with his best red headed friend Axel.

"Axel!" He cheered, forgetting why he was upset.

"Demy!" Axel shouted back, capturing his mulleted friend in a bear hug.

"Did we have homework?" Demyx asked nervously, walking into the class.

"Don't think so, why?"

"Because I probably didn't do it?" Demyx said in the form of a question. Axel laughed at his friend as they sat down.

The duo joked around until they looked at the door and saw the dark, so called 'emo' kid named Zexion walked in. The mood in the room instantly darkened. Demyx, being, well, Demyx, shouted out, "Why'd it get so quiet?!" Very loudly. Zexion looked up from the current book he was reading to angrily glare at the blond. Said blond grinned nervously and waved.

Axel looked at his awkward friend, who was being just that, and broke into laughter.

"Not helping, Axel!" He shouted. Axel just continued to laugh. Demyx pouted, puffing his cheeks out like a little child. Axel caught his breath and tried to apologize but he was laughing too hard.

With a sigh, Demyx looked out the window, ready to tune out their current lesson that Mr. Saix was about blabber on about.

(...)

Zexion was an odd boy, Demyx thought randomly during lunch. He voiced this to his group consisting of Axel, Roxas, Sora, Riku, Xion and Kairi.

Axel started laughing again and Demyx sighed.

"But haven't you noticed he only reads scary books? Like he finds enjoyment in being scared!" He exclaimed loudly, trying to be heard over Axel's laughter. Xion looked up in thought, "I think you're right, Demy. I never really noticed until now." Demyx grinned proudly, glad someone cared.