It was a message from my agent. A simple message. Two lines. But with so much weight on it. I felt like my lungs ran out of air.

"There's something that I want to tell you.", I said as quicker as I could at that moment, swallowing violently, trying unsuccessfully to moisturize my sudden dry throat.

"What is it?", he replied, smiling, zipping his trousers.

"Well...", I hesitated.

"So...?", he said, approaching me.

  Why it has to be that difficult?
"I- I had to make a deal too you know."

"What do you mean?", his smile faded slowly.

"Look.", I said, dropping my eyes to the ground. "A long time now, a really long time, I'm a single woman in the public.", I started.

"Em. What are you trying to tell me?", he told me. I can feel his anger growing up.

"Please, Kit. Try to understand.", I almost whimpered.

"Keep going.", he said, looking blindly everywhere but me. I felt my stomach twisting, and I didn't even speak to him about it...

  And suddenly I decided to drop it.
"I'm doing a Public Relationship.", I said in one breath and swallowed uneasy, waiting for his answer.

"You're doing a what?!", he instantly looked at me, with eyes full of anger.

"Kit. People are already suspecting that I'm in a relationship. Do you prefer to find out that it is you?", I said, now being serious. "It is all over the Web. I don't have any other choice."

"Pfff!", he exhaled loudly, placing his hands on his head and turning his shirtless back to my direction.
"For how long?", he asked me after some minutes.

"Six months.", I whispered.

"What?! Em, this is too much.", he turned and looked at me, letting his hands to fall on each one of his side.

"I know.", I approached him and put my arms around his waist, letting my cheek touch his muscled chest. I closed my eyes, hearing the fast beating of his heart.

  He placed a hand on the back of my head and encircled my body with the other. His lips landed on the top of my head, kissing my hair.
"Promise me that you won't let him touch you.", he whispered on my hair.

  I hesitated, remembering what I agreed to do. Tightening my arms around his waist, I took a deep breath of his scent.

"Emilia. Please.", he whispered one more time, running his hand on my hair.

"I promise.", I replied after some seconds, my cheek still pressed on his torso.
  I didn't want to look at him. Cause I know that he will understand that something isn't right here. I better do it another time. Just don't take me out of here. I just need to stay here, inside his arms. That's all...
  I took a deep breath closing my eyes and tighten my arms around his waist.
I'm sorry, Kitten.

•+++•

  Fortunately, the airport was as I expected. Not many people around. Tuesday is not one of those days many travellers choose to plan their trip. Lucky me.
  I wore the pair of black sunglasses that I had in my bag, despite the grey sky and the light rain outside, trying to hide those tired eyes of mine.

  Hey, I wanted to inform you that I just did the check-in and I'm about to jump in the plane. I'll call you as soon as I'm in LA. And thank you for your wishes!