Converse

As Artemis's consciousness came back to her she felt two arms carrying her limp body, dragging her legs on the ground like felt like tile floors. Suddenly she realized she wasn't wearing shoes and her legs were tied together, the cold floors hurt her as she was being held under the shoulders begin dragged.

She tried to lift her head, but her body wasn't responding. "Quickly." Said one of the men in a deep voice that had a bit of an accent, "She's waking up." The people carrying her quickened their step. The swung open a metal door and tossed her in and the man tied her ropes binding her feet, to the ground.

Artemis rolled over and sat up holding her head, as she put her hand out to stabilize herself she hit something, no it was someone! She recognized the slim, tall, slightly muscular body, as her brother.

"Alex." She shout-whispered and shook him, "Wake up!" She flung her leg to the side, kicking him harshly with her converse all-stars.

He moaned and cracked his neck, he looked up and then froze as his memory came back to him, "Artemis!" He said with joy, he looked around, "Where are we? Check in you have your phone. " He said quickly.

"I don't know." She reached for her phone only to see that it had been taken, "No! It's gone! They took it."

Alex sighed, "Who took it, did you see them?"

She held her head, "Two guys were dragging me in and one was giving then orders behind them. They must've taken it."

He put his head in his hands, "I can't seem to remember what happened to me. I just remember the car being crashed..." He looked down at his legs, "Are your feet tied too?" He asked and she nodded and he straightened his face.

He sighed, "I told the Lab I'd only be on leave for a day, I'm

missing my classes." He looked at his watch as she sighed.

***

Nearly two miles away eighteen year olds, Enzo and Kay were about to break every rule they had sworn to keep, as Kay a classically blond boy, with blue eyes and pale face, with strong muscular arms, awoke his friend by shaking him aggressively.

"Wha-Kay? Hermano, It's the break of dawn what the hell are you doing in my room?" He rubbed his eyes and blinked quickly to get his vision together.

"The case, it has to do the case." He said quickly with certain urgency, Kay and Enzo had known eachother since they were thirteen and Kay knew but one way to get Enzo's attention, Enzo had never taken interest in anything that didn't have to do with the case they were on. As young boys they were trained as undercover agents and assassins for an association called: the Stark. An association that has now gone extinct except for them.

Enzo shot up quickly and then nodded.

"Blaze, he had two children, who may or may not be in the same business he was in. They crashed off the highway and were kidnapped."

Suddenly Enzo say upright in his bed, "So you think they might have taken them?" Before Kay could nod, Enzo was up getting ready to go.

Kay spoke "Just a few issues. What about curfew? And the security system? The helicopter is our only way of transportation, it's loud, unless we..."

"Exactly." Said Enzo, "let's go hermano." And they were off nearly tripping because they ran so fast.

***

"This sucks." Said Alex to Artemis, "You sure one of Ur 'friends' isn't pranking us or something."

"I don't think they would physically hurt me in a prank, Alex, get your mind on track. He rolled his eyes at her.

Ain't No Rest for the Wickedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें