Hhhhnnnnnnnggggggg!!!!!!! Can someone die from blushing???

"Keep talking like that and my face is going to explode," I said, an awkward laugh following suit. He grinned at me and laced his fingers with mine as he guided me out of the quarters.

As we ran towards the elevator, thoughts spun around me head at an impulse. Octavian was probably the greatest guy in the world. I have never met such a man who knew how to sweep me off my feet, catch me into his arms, and then had the audacity to say some clever romantic banter. If this was what it feels like to find someone who is one in a billion - no, probably the only one in this deep sea of hopelessness - then those people who found their One were incredibly blissful and lucky.

I tried to suppress my grin, trying to keep my cool, but it became apparent that whenever I'm around Octavian, he make me unintentionally does things that I wouldn't catch myself doing. His presence alone was enough to make my stomach do a somersault and my heart would beat so fast it would feel as if an EKG wouldn't be able to pick up my heartbeat.

At the foot of the elevator, I wasn't expecting Jack to be standing there. He grinned before he showed what he had been hiding behind his back. It was a blindfold.

"A blindfold?" I asked.

"Mhmm, can't have the surprise spoiled," Octavian said, assured.

Jack walked over to me and began to tie the blindfold over my eyes. I closed them so I wouldn't have to deal with any lashes poking them. When Octavian double checked the knot and made sure I couldn't see from below, he and Jack escorted me through the halls, the only sound being the echoes of our footsteps on the marble flooring and the water flowing in the fountains outside the windows. Those were the only indicators I have since I wasn't really used to the map of the Palace yet and I didn't have exactly a good memory of the routes. I would still get lost and have to ask a guard to point me to the right direction.

I took each step with caution so that I don't fall, even though they assured me that there wasn't anything in my way. I must've looked stupid with my hands reaching outward trying to feel for something with a stupid grin on my face, amused by this whole experience so far.

A set of wooden doors opened and we continued walking before we came to a stop. My hands fell to my sides as I waited for something to happen next. I could hear the sound of flowing water; must've been fountains. I heard doors opening and Octavian and Jack slowly escorted me down a short flight of steps. I wanted to figure out where we were, but I didn't because I wanted to be genuinely impressed and surprise; my curiosity was at a high point because if this was Octavian's first date that he'd ever prepared (or if this his is first date ever), I didn't know what to expect. I kept my expectations low, thinking it would just be a small thing like a picnic with sandwiches while we watch the stars, which I would settled for. Simplistic things that show great meaning are probably one of the best ways to impress someone.

My boots stomped along what sounded like cement, but then the feeling became a little loose. It sounded like rocks or gravel, so I guessed that we diverged from the path.

"Jeez, guys. Are you kidnapping me or what?" I said with humor followed by laughter.

"Just be patient," Octavian said, chuckling softly as he and Jack continued on this unknown path.

It wasn't until a few minutes later that we took a stop. My black blindfold began to illuminate a dim light and I raised a curious brow as I looked around as if I could see things.

"You ready?" Octavian asked. I just nodded as he proceeded to slowly untie the knot. He advised me to keep my eyes shut, so I squeezed them a bit. I could hear water flowing again, but this time it didn't sound like a fountain; it sounded more natural. Octavian finally took off my blindfold, and I was completely blown away by what I saw. I found myself unable to speak.

A Dance of Princes (The Heir, Book 1)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara