Makoto was no detective but even he could see something was up. Touko had been acting unnaturally nice to him, opening doors, buying him lunch and sparing him from her usual spew of insults. There was only one possible solution: Touko Fukawa was in love with him. Makoto started to panic, Touko was a nice person... well maybe not nice per se but tolerable these days, but he wouldn't date her. He began pacing up and down his room when he got home thinking up ways to turn her down:

'Sorry, Touko but I don't see you like that'.
'I'd love to but I'm busy...forever'.
'I'm sorry but I have a girlfriend'.

While he was wondering which girl would give him the least grief to pretend to be his girlfriend someone opened his door.

"Hey Makoto, Do I look better in blue or red?" Komaru asked "Uhhhh... I don't know" he replied, "Are you going somewhere?" It seemed Makoto wasn't the best when it comes to fashion OR love and Komaru didn't look very impressed "Fine I'll just wear red but if I don't look cute that's on you." She said, closing the door as she did "Are you going on a date or something?" He asked "I wish," She said blushing as she did before hastily closing the door. Not thinking about how obviously suspicious his sister was, Makoto continued to think up more ways to turn Touko down.

The next day at school Makoto got a note in his locker:

'Meet me at lunch behind the school at half one. This is important so don't be late' - Touko.

Oh no. He was right all along. For the rest of the day, Makoto was sweating buckets. Unable to look Touko in the eye at all until the dreaded time grew closer. Arriving ten minutes early to think things over didn't help either as she'd arrived before him anyway.

"Touko I'm honoured but-"
"Is your sister into girls?"
"Huh?"
"I asked you a question" Touko responded looking both confused and yet deadly serious.
"Well... yeah but why?"

And with that response, she walked away leaving Makoto alone with his thoughts... and regret.

The next day Makoto found out that Touko was now the proud girlfriend of his sister and they took the extra time to mock him for his mistake.
"I thought you liked me!" He asked afterwards
"You? Do you even like girls?" Touko responded before kissing Komaru gently on the cheek.

As happy as Makoto was for them he was also insanely pissed.