"That was quite the daring move Hagane. Care to explain how you're going to recover from losing that much?."

Looking behind us I saw Shinsō's group. I looked at the gigantic clock counting down, it was at 27 seconds.

'I don't have time for this.'

I pulled out a stun grenade from my portal and chucked it at them. They tried to evade it but were still caught in the blast. We took this to our advantage and stole their highest point value headband.

"AND THAT'S TIME!!!!"

We had tied for second with Bakugou's group. We were so preoccupied with avoiding everyone we had missed out on two other battles going on. Todoroki had apparently used his fire quirk against Midoriya and Iida did something cool for the first time during this entire festival. Bakugou's group had beat the shit out of Neito's and discovered he had a copy quirk.

"Hagane, was that entire fire fiasco a part of the plan?" Shoji asked.
"Absolutely."
"What was the plan?" Mineta questioned. "It kept changing I lost track of what it originally was!"

I pointed towards the scorched ground I had left behind, "Remember when Iida and Bakugou were over there still fighting?"
"Yes."
"Remember the jetpack over there with the sticky balls attached to it?"
"Yeah."
"Remember everyone swarming Midoriya?"
"Of course ribbit."
"That is what I was planning."
"What are you talking about?" Shoji was trying his hardest to figure out what I had planned.

"Well let me explain it to you. Remember how Todoroki's group was cornering Midoriya's. And how Yaoyorozu was creating a little barrier from her skin."
"I didn't see her do that but that's most likely when they were going to send out the shockwave!"
"That's correct Mineta. And who was not going to be protected during that shockwave?"
"Everyone but them... but I don't get it. There's still the jetpack ribbit."
"I threw that thing onto Denki when Todoroki's group ran at Midoriya's. He was right in the centre of it all so it hit everyone."
"That caused a massive explosion so we could grab the headbands while everyone was recovering!" Shoji exclaimed.
"So you destroyed the 10 million points on purpose. Then why did we protect it in the beginning ribbit?"
"That was the original plan. But there was another group out there who was playing smart."

I pointed at Neito, "That blonde guy. He was grabbing the lower point value headbands while everyone was distracted trying to get the ten million. He was using their distractedness to his advantage. I realized what he was doing and made changes to our original plan of just protecting the ten million point headband. I guess you could say that I wanted to make things interesting. It's more entertaining seeing teenagers try to kill each other for a piece of cloth."
Mineta backed away from me, "You're scary Hagane."
"Tell me something I don't know Mineta."

The top five groups advanced to the next round. Todoroki's, mine, Bakugou's, Midoriya's, and Shinsō's group made it.

"Well played Hagane. How'd you know not to answer me?"

I turned to see Shinsō approaching me.

"I didn't. I just didn't want to waste time stealing points. What are you talking about?"
"Oh. Well, ignore what I just said. I look forward to the next event."

△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△

Walking around the cafeteria I tried to find somewhere to eat in peace.