Dealing with own circle

"Kartik your meeting with Mr.Singhania has been fixed" Mr.Rohit peered inside the room through the door, "That's great" Kartik lifted his gaze at him and gave him stubble smile leaning back against his chair, "but there is inconvenience" he handed him official letter and sank into chair in front of him, "and what's that?"He held out the piece of paper to Mr.Rohit and gave her keen look, "Ermm!!!Actually it wouldn't be official meeting"

"What exactly do you mean?"He rolled his eyes and regarded him earnestly, "he has invited you on dinner at his home" he hesitantly informed him, "why didn't he agree for official meeting".

 He regarded him curiously while the lines of uneasiness appeared on his face, "he is not well now a days and casually attends his office that's why he didn't agree for official meeting"

"Then it's very inconvenient" he started panic about it.

"Kartik I would prefer you to accept it as we have not other option. If we lost this chance it would be hard for us to continue this project and I don't need to tell you how much it's important for our company"

Kartik's eyes rested on the paper infront of him for several minutes and then taking deep breath he lifted his gaze at him, "when I have to go to visit him??"

"At 7PM"

"Ok"

Kartik was amazed at himself how calm he was sounding, for inside he was feeling like a sea of unstable waves and the reason was he couldn't have been enjoyed the fruits of a happy family, his father had been died in his childhood and his mother could not bear the trauma of his father death and exactly after six months she left him, too alone in this world, he had spent his childhood in orphanage, he really didn't know the meaning of family and home and that was the reason he never accepted any family invitations, he always stayed away the words 'family and Home' which reminded him ,his Deprivations .

He felt the overwhelming sadness in his chest. A repeat of the sadness he'd felt the day he moved out of his home to orphanage .

**************************In the dim light of the kitchen stove, she got a water bottle from the fridge and emptied it in one swallow but her stomach gave another growl of discontent reminding her she was hungry, very hungry to keep stable herself anymore. She dragged herself closed to the slabs and checked for some food in dishes but all the dishes were washed and neatly placed on shelves, she propped one hand on the edge of the sink for support, her headache was gone, but the after effects of it had sapped her energy, raising her hand she checked the bread box but it was empty, too. She 

took deep sigh.

"No one ever cared for me"

A sarcastic smile slipped from her lips and she shrugged, "it's not the first time Naira you are going to sleep with empty stomach"

She still could remember the loud, angry voice of her father when she refused to accept her step mom, "Dad she is not my mom" she sniffed and wiped off her tears with her sleeve while with other hand she tightened the grip of her hand possesively around a picture of her mother.

"Naira!!!Now Mansi is your mom, she is nice lady and she'll take care of you" Naitik looked down at his six years old daughter and try to remove the tears but she jerked off his hand and rushed towards her room screaming as loud as she could in childish voice, "she is not my mom"

"Naira!!!"a angry groan slipped out from his lips but it could not effect her and the bitterness never faded away from her heart for that lady who had been snatched her Father.she had skipped her meal every time after intense argument with his father to show her anger.she used every little possible way to get back his father but she could not..

She rubbed at her eyes, suddenly aware the old memories made her tear up once again and made her eyes little misty.

"Here is vegetable corn soup, I have specially cooked for you" she spun around at the familiar soft voice and Mansi switched on the lights "I am not hungry", Naira rolled away her eyes and Mansi took deep sigh, "so what were you searching in kitchen at 3 Am midnight"

Naira stopped herself from startling, "I came to drink water", Mansi smiled at her stubbornness and she was very well familiar with it, "I know you won't accept you are hungry and I don't want to enforce you, I have cooked it for you, when you feel hungry, take it and its not too much bad in taste".

she tried to lighten up her mood."I said I am not hungry", Naira raised her voice this time irritating with her well-soft behavior or another play, Mansi gave her shocking look, Naira took big step towards door and swung back, "and yes, how much you try to show yourself a good mother you can't get place in my heart..You can't"

She peered out the kitchen leaving Mansi hurt with her act. *****************************