Finn & Carter Sorscha

(Based off of a group RP and with my characters, Finn & Carter Sorscha. Based in the 1890's, when outlaws were no long wanted.)

The morning sun had rose over the horizon, hitting the lush green grass that sat still on the Earth's surface until small gusts of wind had made it wave. There could be a horse seen grazing peacefully, and soon a young lady. She was around the age of sixteen, still young.

She had patted the pale horse, which had been hers for the longest of time. He was old and she thought about retiring him. He was great, fast, strong, and large. She had named him The Final as though Carter had gotten him after his last race that he would ever run.

A man had began approaching her. He was older, obviously. He was a stout man with short hair and the regular attire that was back in the olden days. Jeans, button-up shirt, boots, and a hat. She had wore the same thing, as the Gang didn't go ahead and discriminate women for their gender.

"Carter. I need to talk to you about some things." Finn said, her father, in which he was the one approaching her. Carter took a step away from her stead and looked up at her.

"What is it?" She asked, curiosity peeking through in her eyes. They were sparkling from the morning sun from above. The wind had ruffled her messy braided hair, which she hadn't minded all that much. Nobody did as a matter of fact, and wasn't judged for it in the Vixen Gang.

Finn began walking and Carter quickly followed after. She looked back at The Final before she had heard her father begin speaking in his gentle, yet rough voice.

"It's about your mother, Carter. I lied to you about her death, and I thought I should finally tell you about her." He took a deep breath, allowing himself to prepare for the emotions that would obviously consume him.

Carter didn't seem to know what he was going to do or say, as she had seen the obvious mixed emotions that were on his face. Carter cocked her head. "Wait.... you lied to me about her death?" She asked, her eyes stinging. They continued on walking in the clearing, as it was a peaceful place.

Finn stopped and looked down at her. Carter looked up into her father's teary eyes. "Yes," was all he said to her. "And it all happened because I joined the Gang." He said. "You weren't there at the time. You weren't even with us. You were in town with your friends." He began closing his eyes and thinking about it carefully. "I would come to the Gang if they needed help and return back home. After I was promoted to second-in-command, that's when I had to leave more and more often. I would get home late, and she would already be asleep." Finn looked around.

Carter nodded, and continued listen.

"One night I came home in the middle of the night. She was sitting at the small wooden table and said to me that she didn't want to be with me anymore. That she didn't want to be in this world anymore." Tears began to sting his eyes as the sun had hit them. The memories flooded and he closed his eyes, one stray tear rolling down his dark face.

"She held my own gun to her head and was playing one of those games. I said no. But the moment I said that, the one damn bullet had blew her brains out. This Gang killed her. I killed her." His voice had grown stern. "And I don't want to lose you because of this Gang." He looked back down at her.

Tears were already staining her face. "You lied to me, Finn! You lied to me about my mothers own death! You said that she--" Carter choked on her tears. "You said that she died of some illness and went peacefully!" She yelled. Finn pulled her into a hug. Carter didn't hug back and escaped from his arms.

"You lied to me..." She fell to her knees and cried hysterically. Finn soon left, knowing what he had done was wrong.

Finn quickly went to his own horse, making his way to the newly built town. The land was barren for a while until there was fences that held farm animals and crops, and then there was the town. He entered the saloon and was there for God knows how long.

Carter was heartbroken.