The First Light Of Dawn

Ben rounded the corner, almost slipping. He was afraid. They were running in hot pursuit right behind him. He breathed, trying to redirect his thoughts. 

"You get back here boy or I will track you down myself for your head!" A scratchy voice sounded from the wall to Bens left, not sounding so pleasant. He had committed no crime in his own eyes, not that he knew of anyways. 

He slid into a tight dark corner, letting the dim lighting envelop his body. "Dad, where are you?" he breathed heavily; pulling the force towards himself. If he was going to survive this, he needed the force and not just his own judgment. 'Trust in the force', his dad would always say in these types of situations but was he ready to trust it completely? 

A sigh of relief came from Ben when the guards went by his hiding spot. Looking out to make sure they were long gone, then decided to run the opposite way back down the lit hallway when suddenly he felt a familiar presence... he looked over his shoulder while running, seeing nothing. Someone or something was watching him. He felt the presence press against his. 

He stopped, words coming to mind, "Your Father was a fool back then. Ha. Mara really got a hold of his emotions. You shouldn't've been born. You're a Skywalker scum and that's all you'll ever be... Spoiled. You'll never live up to 'his' expectations. " Ben saw the figure of a man. The man's expression grew dark, the light only highlighting the very few parts of his form from above.

Ben shuddered, hearing those words as the man disappeared into the darkness. 

"That Skywalker boy should be here somewhere, we've got a breach." Ben peeked around the corner to find a Trooper with three others talking in a circle, looking around. He quickly hid back around the corner when he sensed the intent of the taller one shoving the other trooper into the wall. "Now if you had done your job, this wouldn't've happened to us! You imbecile!" The smaller trooper looked away as they all started back down the hallway.

The troopers walked right past Ben not paying any attention to him until he shifted his weight. Big mistake came ringing through his ears as the men stopped to turn around. He scurried around the corner they had just come, looking back hoping they didn't see his decent. 

He stopped to breathe, blinking the small sweat beads from his eyelids, seeing a pair of dark boots in front of him. Looking up he saw a black-cloaked figure with old hollow eyes which pierced his soul. Ben took a step back his thoughts jumbling in circles. 

The cloaked figure had a lightsaber, no doubt, he fingered it, taking it of its clip. 

Ben took another half step back, frozen with fear as the figure advanced towards him. He had no plans.. hadn't prepared for a confrontation, not yet. He wasn't ready. 

He felt a tingling sensation in the force as a calloused hand grabbed his throat lifting him off the ground. Putting his hands up around the man's wrist, he saw the freehand ignite the saber. Ben squirmed, bringing up a foot to kick the man's chest, but the foot merely went through the man. 

The figure brought his saber down, a crimson red glow filled Bens sight. There was nothing he could do. Nothing. Why hadn't he obeyed his father and not try to plan himself? His vision went dark; feeling something on his shoulder...-

"Ben. Ben, you ok over there? Ben... Ben?!" He heard a muffled voice, and awoke, sitting up really fast making himself lightheaded. 

"God, kid you almost gave me a heart attack. If your dad found out something bad happened to you in my care, boy would I hear it." His brown eyes flicked up at Ben from the pad in his hands. The man was slender, having a cocky kinda attitude to him. Han Solo. The man with a plan stood beside the bunk. Hans face lit up but Ben read his concern. Ben turned to stand up, his legs wobbling a bit, evetually catching his balance. 

"How long was I asleep for?" , Ben asked, but when Han didn't answer he grew curious. "Han, how long?" Han looked down at the pad in his hand, then back up at him. 

"About an hour, why?" Han lied, "You know where you are, kid?" 

Ben looked around recognizing the ship, then frowned. "Your ship." His thoughts were slowly growing back. Han nodded, putting the pad away, patting the side wall of the ship.

"She's been through a lot." His expression changed. "How was your nap? We need to finish the repairs." He turned. "What had me worried, you were thrashin' all over the place like a newborn Duracrete." 

Bens face paled remembering the dream, then shook it away. "Let's finish the repairs", then walked out, grabbing a fuser and a wrench. The light of many planets and burning stars were stretching across, reflecting off the floor before the viewport in the hangar bay. 

Looking around the hangar, he saw no one there except him and Han. He sighed, his eyes lost in the vastness of space, the sun gleaming just above the city towers. Eventually, he snapped out of it when hearing his uncle call, "Where's that torch kid?" Ben heard the urgency in his voice and breathed, heading back towards the Millennium Falcon. 

When Ben finally entered the Falcon, he saw Han and Chewie working on the screen windows, screwing them in tightly. "Oh Chewie, you got the wrong driver! You wanna blow our heads off next time the shields fail?!" Hans face wrinkled. 

Chewie gave a low growl, then grabbed another driver he thought suited the right bolt.

Ben handed the torch and started repairing some damage himself. The sun came up quicker than he might have imagined. It's bright radiance filled the hangar, like a whole new world.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you guys for reading my 1st chapter! It's been a privilege writing it! As anyone should know, I only complete each chapter over a week. So like I come out with one each week. Thank you all very much for your support! ^^ Hope you enjoyed Ch.1.

Like Father, Like Son(StarWarsFanfiction){Paused}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें