"You," Was the only word that left his mouth but I could see it in his face that there were many left that were just unspoken. "One night with you..." He added as his gazed slipped over my cleavage.

 I could see that Micah Novaletti was no ordinary man and because of that everyone-or every woman-would bend to his will. Unfortunately for him, I wasn't just anyone. I stared across the diner's table at him, brow lifted, "This was a waste of my time, Mr. Novaletti. I'm not interested." I wasn't interested in anyone for that matter. The love of my life was photography.

Displeased with my answer, Micah leaned back in his chair and pinned me with a venereal stare. "I'm not asking you to marry me, Elise. I just want to fuck you."

Deep within those winter blue eyes, I could see that he wanted so much more. My cheeks got real hot then and I tilted my head. Was he serious? Was this how he got women? Obviously and it worked too, no doubt. "Wow..." I let the word out slow as we stared across at one another. "Is this how you get all the women, Micah?" I asked, clutching my purse. I was so out of here. 

"No."

So there was a different method? I actually laughed and stood up from the chair just as a waitress was coming over to give us a couple menus. "If you want to spend a night with me, Mr. Novaletti, how about you ask me out yourself...and don't imply sex." I advised and before he could respond I turned around and stormed out of the place. A waste of time...a complete waste of my time. "Pig..." I gasped under my breath as I reached my car and unlocked the door.

There was absolutely no way in hell I would give that man another second of my time. 

~

It was stifling-even with every single window opened up in my new little house to let the breeze in. The central heat and air was acting up and I'd already called the owner about it...twice. No one would be out to fix it until after the weekend so I would be made to suffer while moving all of my things from the apartment to the house. Thankfully it was only about three carloads full of boxes and I already had one down.

But I didn't mind. The place was perfect, something I had dreamed about for months right along with the studio. Slowly, everything seemed to be falling into place perfectly. I stood in the middle of my almost empty living room now, building up the motive to go back out to my car and start with the second load. I really needed to get a gym membership because I was so not in shape and I wasn't even doing anything major! "Don't be lazy, Elise. This is all the time you have to do this." I told myself aloud. Monday would be the start of a busy week and I would literally have no time to do this if I stood around crying over the ache in my arms. 

I readjusted my ponytail and marched back out the front door, on a mission. I at least wanted to get the rest of my things from the apartment before the day ended. Fat chance that would happen, it would be dark in an hour.  I was just lucky Camille had been fine with me leaving work after lunch. "Hey, you!" I stopped on the sidewalk, halfway to my car and glanced over at the voice seeking my attention. A very male one at that. 

"Hi." I replied to the man who was getting out of a truck just next door. Annnd on this episode of 'Meet your neighbor...' I didn't really have to fake the friendly smile. Who knew how long I would be living next to him. He started across my yard then, long legs encased in blue jeans and an actual pair of fucking cowboy boots. Had he gotten lost and stuck in the city or something? 

"Seen you movin' some things in earlier. Figured I would come offer some help." Behind him a dog followed and when he stopped, so did the dog. It laid on my freshly cut grass as if to bathe in the sunlight while waiting for it's owner. His smile was cheeky, boyish and very charming. "Elliot." He introduced himself and held his hand out for a shake. I took it. His large hands were calloused and strong and I had every intention of thanking for the offer but insisting I could do it myself.