Chapter 1

Matt's POV(Matt is 8 and Edd is 6)

I placed my little brother in his car seat and strapped him in. " There you go lil bro. " I smile at my little brother as I closed the car door and walk to the other side of the car.

I opened the car door and got inside. I closed the car door behind me and strapped myself in. My mom entered the car and then my dad and they strapped themselves in aswell.

" You Two ready to go? " My mother asked cheerfully. Me and Edd responded with a 'mhm!'. My father started up the car and we drove down the street.

We were driving for a while until a woosh noise came from outside the car and the car came to a stop. " What's going on? " I asked. " Let me check it out. " My father got out of the car.

" Looks like the tire's popped... " My father sighed. " I'll have to call a tow tru- " All of a sudden, something pounced on Dad, stabbing him multiple times in the head.

" DAD! " I cried. Me and my mom got out of the car, but my mom was pushed down and gutted like a fish. I covered my mouth in shook and unstrapped my brother from his car seat.

I tried to pull my brother with me away from the crazy murderer but Edd ran up to the woman. Edd started to scream while crying at the woman.

The hooded woman pulled her knife out and held it up to Edd's throat. " EDD NO! " I yelled. " You better SHUT THE HELL UP! " The woman yelled as she pulled away but left a scar with her knife on edd's arm on purpose.

We ran away but I looked behind me. The woman took off the black hood to reveal long, glorious light purple hair. I shook my head and continued to run with my brother.

Edd's POV(Edd is 10 and Matt is 12)

I picked my stuffed kitten off of my bed and walked to the door. I opened the small bedroom door and walked down a small set of stairs into the main room of the adoption center.

I opened the gate to the play area and walked in. I closed the gate behind me and walked over to the drawing corner. I sat my stuffed kitten in the chair next to me and started to draw.

Drawing was a hobby for me. Boys my age thought drawing was a girl thing...but I have heard a lot about famous male artists, so I never listen to the them and continue what I love.

" Hey Edd! How'sit going? " I looked behind me to see my brother. Matt. I simply waved and continued to draw.(BTW! Edd is basically a mute as a child)

Matt pulled a chair out from the table and sat down on the other side of me, since he was my stuffed animal in the other seat. He rested his chin on the palm of his hand and watched me draw.

" You're a pretty good artist, Edd. " Matt complimented as he continued to watch me draw. I was drawing a memory from when we weren't in the adoption center.

It was a picture where me and Matt were standing next to each other with our parents behind us. Our parents sadly died from an assassination....

Matt could tell I still wasn't over our parents death. " Lil Brother...I know it's hard to get past mom and dad's death....but we need to look forward to the future, not back at the past! " He reassured.

I sighed and smiled. I hugged Matt and he hugged back. " Love you little bro.. " Matt mumbled. I brought up the courage to do something I haven't done in a long time.

" I...Love y-you too.. " I mumbled. Matt retracted from the hug with wide eyes. " Y-You...YOU SPOKE! " Matt beamed happily. I nervously laughed at this.

" Children! Get ready. We're about to open the doors! " me and Matt looked at each other. I grabbed my stuffed cat and we both walked to the front room