Field of Dreams

"Babe..."

His voice was raspy, laden with sleep. He opened his mouth for a big yawn, and Alyssa chuckled. "Pare-pareho lang tayong puyat, so wala sanang reklamo," she stated, and pocketed the car keys.

He blinked his eyes, trying to clear his mind with sleep. "Ang aga-aga kase, Babe...," he whined, but still followed her out the door and into the car garage where his car is parked. Alyssa insisted she gets to drive, and Kiefer reluctantly obliged. They got in, and Alyssa happily started the car.

But before she could get out of the village, she looked at the rear view mirror, looking at Kiefer, and smiled. "Sakyan mo na lang trip ko, please," she prettily asked, and Kiefer raised his brow. She reached for something in her sweatshirt, and with one hand, retrieved a large hanky. She shoved it to him.

"Ano 'to?" he asked stupidly, and she gave him a sweet smile. "Sige na o. Wear it," she pleaded, and Kiefer rolled his eyes.

He eyed the hanky, and a mischievous smile broke from his face. "Like wear this," he raised the hanky with a lascivious grin on his face, "And only this?"

Alyssa laughed out loud and slapped him on the arm. "E di sana hindi na kita pinalabas pa ng kwarto, di ba?" she teased him back, and shoved the hanky back at him. "Ipiring mo na kase sa mata mo," she insisted.

"Bakit ba?" he still kept on eyeing at the hanky on his hand, "Hindi mo na kelangan kidnapin pa ako, kase s a'yong sa'yo na ako, di ba?"

"Ulol mo!" she laughed, "Sige na kase..."

He sighed, and gingerly brought the hanky to his face to cover his eyes. "Nalabhan ba ito? Parang hindi a...," he murmured, and he received a slap.

"Hoy ka..."

Darkness.

He could just feel the movement of the car, vibrating on his feet and seat. He could feel Alyssa bringing the car to the next gear, and he had to ask. "Ano kase 'tong pakulo mo," he murmured, and he could feel Alyssa's smile.

"Basta. Trust me."

"Trust. Big word," he called out a movie line, and Alyssa laughed.

"Sana hindi ka mabagot."

"Bakit kase may paganito pa," he said, "Pwede mo naman ako i-date ng normal lang."

He could hear other vehicles, and he could tell they are on the highway. "Malayo ba 'to?" he asked, impatience in his voice.

"We'll get there."

It felt like an eternity, but it's only about 15 minutes since they left the house. Alyssa suddenly had this weird idea of going out before the sun rises, and right now, he thinks it's a stupid idea. They could just instead catch up on sleep, and celebrate their monthsary with a lunch date.

He could hear Alyssa switching on the radio, and going over stations. She stopped on a station that plays sappy old love songs. "Bakit hindi na lang kase ang playlist ko ang patugtugin mo?" he scratched his head, and stretched his arms.

She seems to ignore him, and instead, sang to an old song (https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=you+got+it+all+mymp+spotify&oq=you+got+it+all+mymp+spotify&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64.7839j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8).

"I... I was a game he would play..."

He laughed. "May naalala ka ata a," he teased her, and he could hear her laugh, too. "Gagu!" she blurted out, "Ang tagal na nun a."

"Naalala ko na! Nagjo-joyride tayo nun, tapos sabi mo sa akin, wala na talaga. Wala ka ng nararamdaman sa kanya. Tapos na. Then tumugtog 'to. Tapos first line pa lang, hagulgol ka na naman!" he laughed, and he felt a sting on his arm. "Aray naman, Ly! Wag ako pagpraktisan mo!" he complained, rubbing his arm.