We left mid-morning, eager to get back home.  The Sheriff actually made it easier by ordering Guy to do whatever it took to find Robin, and Guy told him it would be easier to search from Locksley.  So off we went.  It took longer than it normally would have thanks to Guy's concern that the baby not get overly jostled.  He kept the horses at a slow pace, and had a hard time concentrating on where we were going because he kept looking at me to make sure I wasn't too exhausted.

We finally reached my father's house in the early afternoon, just in time for lunch.  Before we ate, Guy took me around and showed me where the guards were hidden, under the guise of stretching our legs after sitting on the horses for so long.  We strolled slowly, my hand on his arm, enjoying the peaceful chirping of the birds and rustling of the wind through the trees.  We turned back after just a few minutes, after my stomach announced, quite loudly, its desire to eat something soon.

As we ate, I shared the happy news with my father, who was quite pleased to hear it.  He hugged me tightly, whispering in my ear how happy he was that my marriage was going so well.  Then he shook Guy's hand, and told him he was glad to have Guy for a son-in-law.  Guy and I both smiled in response, and Guy put his arm around me and told my father that he was honored to have me as a wife.  I leaned into him and laid my head against his chest.  Then Guy and I told him about the guards and explained the reason for them being stationed outside.  His face darkened when I told him what the Sheriff had said to me, and I rushed on to tell him that it was probably just an empty threat.

"Are you ok, Marian?"  He asked, and I nodded.  He looked at Guy, who smiled grimly.

"Fortunately the Count was not interested in bedding another man's wife," Guy explained tersely, and I laid my hand on his arm.  He took a deep breath and I felt him relax a little under my fingers.  My father was glad to hear it, and our conversation moved on to safer topics.  We stayed for another hour, and then made our way to Locksley Manor.  Just as slowly as before.  I almost fell asleep in the saddle, lulled by the horse's gentle motion.  I was glad to see our house finally show up in the background, and urged the horse a little faster, much to Guy's dismay.  He sped up too, and kept pace with me.

We left the horses with the stable lad, and made our way into the house.  I went straight upstairs while Guy met with the rest of the servants.  After the dusty ride I decided to take a bath, which two of the servants prepared for me.  I stepped into the warm, fragrant water and sighed with pleasure as I lowered myself into the tub.  I lay there for a long time, eyes closed, enjoying the quiet.  After some time, I heard the door open softly and smiled, knowing who had entered.

"Is there room in there for one more?" he asked quietly, and I nodded.  I heard him take off his clothes, and sat up when I heard his bare feet cross the floor.  He eased into the water behind me and I laid back on his chest.  "I thought you might like some time to yourself before I joined you."  He wrapped his arms around me as the water lapped around us.

"As usual, Husband, you know me so well," I responded, my heart swelling with love again.  He lowered his head to kiss my forehead softly, and whispered endearments in my ear.  We lay like that, the water slowly growing cooler, relaxing together now that we were out of the castle.  I even dozed off for a short while as he held me.  I woke when his hands found my stomach and reverently caressed it.

Once again I compared Guy with Robin, this time on how they would be as fathers.  Guy had already shown that he wanted to be a father, and he wanted this baby with me.  I felt that he would love his child fully, and want to give him or her the life he wasn't able to have as a child.  I still thought of Robin as childish, and couldn't imagine him raising a child at this point in his life.  Yes, I thought, Guy won another round.  How did I miss it before?  Because he was only showing me what he wanted me to see, and I only saw what I wanted to see.