Part One - The Implant

The waiting room was silent except for the occasional cough. As usual, it was nearly empty, for health was the best that it had been in years. Bobby couldn't sit still in his chair. He knew that this was the day his life would change forever. Eileen was going to change his and Obsidia's lives for the better.

Obsidia sat next to him, her eyes on her phone. Bobby stared at her.

She looked up and awkwardly smiled. She blushed. "Why are you staring at me?"

"Just because," he said. She was beautiful, everything he wanted. Dark chocolate skin, a little taller than him, and one of the smartest people he knew.

"Are you sure about this?" she asked. It was as if she was his mother. Bobby couldn't recount a time where she was never not worried about him.

"You said my memory sucks," Bobby replied. "Why not?"

"You don't have to do this for me."

Bobby placed his hand on top of hers. "I'm doing this for both of us, Dia."

A door opened and a nurse stepped out of it, a clipboard in her hand. Her hair was up in a bun, a pen holding it in place. "Bobby?" she said, her eyes on the clipboard.

Bobby smiled at his girlfriend and stood up. "Wish me luck."

"Luck," she said. "Tell Dad I said hi."

"I will." He pecked her on the cheek and walked to the nurse. He took a quick glance at her nametag. Her name, "SANDRA," was in all caps across it.

They went through the door and entered a hallway. He noticed her quickly check him out, but he didn't bother to say anything about it.

"How are you doing today, Bobby?" she said as she led him down the hall to a room.

"Pretty good. You?"

"Same." She stopped at a room and opened the door. They entered and she closed the door behind them. She motioned for him to sit on the exam table. He hopped onto it and let his legs swing.

She looked down at the clipboard. "So, Bobby, I'm required to tell you that I was hired personally by Eidetic Corp. to be your nurse during your time with Eileen. We just need to go over some questions before Dr. Jenkins comes in to implant Eileen."

"Shoot away."

She took the pen from where it held her hair in place, letting her hair drape to her shoulders. "How old are you?"

"Twenty-two."

She wrote his response on the clipboard paper. "What's your gender?"

"Male."

"Race?"

"Chinese."

"Any schooling?"

"Fresh out of college. Going back for my masters in the Fall."

"What's your major?"

"Pre-Med."

She smiled as she wrote his response. "Sexuality?"

"Straight."

She glanced at his left hand. "Not married?"

Bobby cocked a grin. "No. I have a lovely girlfriend though. She was out there in the waiting room with me."

"I saw her." She smiled at him for a split second before looking back to the clipboard. "Are you presently physically or mentally sick?" she said. "Sexual diseases? Schizophrenia? Anything?"