CHAPTER 9: Friend & Foe

Börja om från början

            Lady Amanda is the most beautiful girl that I met in my entire life. She is full of life and very kind. She always saves me if I run into some problems. She was a nice friend. She even invited me to be with her friends and learn music with them to please the king she always encourages me to practice and perform. She is very nice. I like her very much.

            It hurts so much. I thought she is my friend but why did she do this to me. Why is she blaming me for the things that I didn't do and I don't even know off. I feel so betrayed and used. I thought she was nice for always defending me and saving me but then she told me she just done those things to get the Kings attention. And one of her friends told me that the mastermind of all my hardships in the court was her. It hurt so much I feel so alone.

Syl is all lost at his thoughts when he suddenly felt a gentle hand on his shoulder, he woke up and saw the worried look at Ren's face. He didn't realize that he already clutching his hands tightly and his breathing was getting shallow.

He patted Ren's hand and smiled then composed himself. So the two face lotus decided to show herself. He thinks to himself smirking. Ren didn't saw his reaction because his back is facing him when he walks past him.

"Master.." Ren called him.

"Yes?" he answered while turning to Ren.

"Are you going like that?" he questioned him

Syl was confused for a while then he looked at his gloved hand and smirk again. He was still wearing his working clothes and his gloves are full of dirt, even his clothes and some to his face. He doesn't look presentable at all. But Syl is used to this kind of look he doesn't pay much attention to courtesy or norms.

They are the one who disturbs him from his work so they have to deal in whatever state he's in. That is the Syl Langley from the future and he won't change because a certain Lady Lotus is in his house.

"Of course I will. Come we should go, we shouldn't let Lady Amanda wait, "and he turned and walk towards the door living the dumbfounded Ren.

"My older brother becomes gutsy today. I hope it will last," Ren said to himself looking at the confident retreating back of his brother.

Ren looks at the sky and gives thanks to all the god in heaven for his master has changed. He might not voice it out but he noticed that his master is not the same shy and naïve man that he met before and he was glad and proud of it. He followed his master hurriedly to the house.

Syl walks into the house and to the sitting room where a certain lady is waiting for him. "It's been a while Lady Amanda?"

Amanda was surprised to a very confident voice that she heard she look at the man walking gracefully and confidently towards her but got disappointed when she noticed that Syl didn't even bother to fix his appearance before meeting her.

He is so filthy from head to toe and he seems to be wearing work clothes. He didn't even take off his gloves!! She felt outraged to the blunt disrespect that she's receiving to this lowly consort. But she still managed her expression and smile sweetly at him. "Did I come in a wrong time, Sir Langley?"

"Oh no of course not. Please take a sit milady," Although this Lady Amanda is smiling sweetly at him. He knows that deep in her heart she was angry and irritated by him he could it see through her eyes.

Two can play this game bitch. He thought to himself while smiling warmly to his unwanted visitor. "Can I offer you some tea milady?"

"Yes please," and she nodded to him still with that irritating smile. He smiled back. He looked at the door knowing that Ren is just right there. "Could you bring us tea please?" He asked Ren

Ren bowed and hurriedly went to the kitchen and prepared tea.                       

"Milady may I know the reason for the visit?" he sounding very pleased for her visit.

"Oh yes of course" and she laughed sweetly while covering her lips with a fan.

Sly felt that all the hair from his body rose. He felt like there is something bitter stuck in his mouth because of her act. But he had to endure this two face lotus so that she won't hate her for now.

"Right you've been absent to our weekly meeting in music practice and the other ladies are worried and they miss you. It doesn't feel right without you there. Is there something wrong Sir Langley you can tell me or are you not feeling well?" she asked sounding worried with matching sad face.

Ah! This woman can really act! She can even pass as an actress in my time!! Ha!! But I'm still better than you. He thought to himself.

"Oh..Is that so? I'm sorry to worry you milady and the others. I've been busy doing some hobby of mine that I used to do back in my province. So you don't need to be worried about me," he said quite apologetically.

"But I'm deeply moved because of your concern, I've never thought that you feel like that towards me," he said sounding grateful and happy with eyes quite teary.

Worried your face I know you and your minions just want to have a good laugh at my expense. He knew that the previous was not talented when it comes to music at this time.

This is one of the reasons why the previous is not favored and will be humiliated in the coming days. Syl will make sure that they will not ruin him. Not a chance! Syl promise to himself.

Amanda believed that Syl fell from her act. She's too engrossed into acting that she forgot that he is still wearing his dirty gloves when she reaches and holds his hand.

"Excuse me milady, master I brought the tea," the acting battle is disturbed by Ren with a tray with the teapot and cups. Syl was thankful because he can stand her fake smile and lies anymore.

Amanda let go of his hand. But she's horrified when she looked at her hand full of mud and even her new manicured nails are also dirty. She felt so wrong because of this.

She hated this guy so much. She just did this to ensure that this guy will be coming with her in this coming welcome party for the King. The girls need to have some laughs from this guy. He's a fool to believe her that she wants him to be her friend. When her plans are done she will dispose him right away.

Syl heard a gasp and when he returned his gaze to Amanda he saw her horrified face and she was looking at her hand. What he saw is a very satisfying site for him. Her delicate hands are full of mud and even her newly manicured nails are the same. Serve you right bitch! He thought. He hurriedly went to her and he removed his gloves.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Lady Amanda I didn't mean to... I didn't realize that I haven't removed my gloves yet. I was just so excited because you came to visit me. I'm really sorry," he acted really remorseful he even tried to wipe her hand with his clothes. But she avoided him.

Amanda is so mad that she wanted to shout at him but still manage to calm herself. "Don't worry I'm fine, it's nothing it is just dirt I'll wash it at home. I'm afraid that I can't join you for tea now I need to go. It was nice seeing you Sir Langley," she stood up from her chair and bade them farewell. He offered her to see her out but she refuses.

Syl was looking through the window and saw Lady Amanda hurriedly walks through her carriage and she even stump her foot before climbing in and slam the door so hard because of anger. He's snickering while witnessing this. She thought that she's making him look like a fool but she was caught by her own evilness serves her right. Syl thought while watching the carriage leave.

"Brother, what happened to her?" Ren asked after sending Lady Amanda to the door

Syl didn't answer Ren and just shrugged his shoulder. "Let's have some tea after eating lunch. What to do you think?" He said then turned around from the window and walk towards the kitchen.

Ren decided not to ask again and followed his brother. The two had a wonderful lunch and a peaceful afternoon tea.